Thread: Sage Suggestion

Post Fiend

Sage Suggestion

Sage was the least picked personality this age and is underwhelming compared to other personalities. Here is my suggestion to bring the personality in line with the others.

• Scientists do not lose experience when being reassigned to other categories.

This makes the sage the true master of science. Since knowledge is valued so highly by the sage, they ensure all their scientists are well-rounded and learned in many disciplines.

The change would allow the sage unique flexibility in early/mid age when scientists are rare. This buff would be balanced -- as the age wears on, other personalities will max science categories and the flexibility to move scientists between disciplines would have less of an impact.

Post Demon
    that is to abuseable look I'm hitting you with max ME science, oh my you are trying to ns oh well now I switch to max Crime science and then back to max ME science 2 minutes after you are done.

Needs to get out more
    Keep up the brainstorming. I'd like to see input from sage players; see how they functioned this age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    that is to abuseable look I'm hitting you with max ME science, oh my you are trying to ns oh well now I switch to max Crime science and then back to max ME science 2 minutes after you are done.
    Of course. That flexibility would be the whole point for sage. But keep in mind a couple things:

1. This would only be strong in early age. For instance, once you have crime fully maxed, you won't be moving scientists from ME to crime. Similarly, once a rogue or HE has crime fully maxed, your moving scientists around won't have as big of an impact.

2. The situation you describe above might occur when the player's online and if they see what's going on in their news. If a sage is offline and all his profs are in ME, they won't do much to mitigate a NS run.

3. By mid to late age, you will have most categories maxed out, so this aspect of the sage bonus won't really be a factor.

Post Fiend
    As mentinoed, good brainstoriming, but too abusable. Even mid or late age (wiht shorter ages it is not sure a sage will max out, most of the times only to the ending weeks), a Sage that is growing in war, or gets his pess FBd away so that he wont fill his max pop anymore, can essentially loose all his 30 professors in housing, potentially... in essence, get 30 free professors to shuffle around once war starts (potentially). That is, potentially, like an extra 20% science effect for a sage.. if that is what you want, you might as well just up the + Science effect, from 25% to 40% or whatever, to get a more clear effect of what you want to achieve.

Post Fiend
    How about instead of going back to Novice, shuffled scientists stay at Expert?

Post Fiend
    Maybe a cooldown when changed. Like they don't lose experience, but they're Novice for 3 hours before going back to whatever their experience was. That way, you can't just switch around to your immediate need, it becomes what your need will be in 3 hours. Immediate ops will still hurt, but you can mitigate the next wave of ops, up your def/off, up your BE to combat plague/blizz, switching to alch/tools/housing for EOWCF pumping, then back to w/e they we're in on exit...... etc.

Post Fiend
    The Recruit rank is introduced this age because people could shift around scientists, and got the % of a Novice last age. Now you suggest no XP is lost at all?

Scribe
    How about faster levelling? They'd still have the recruit rank where they're useless once changed and they'd still progress through the ranks, just faster than other personalities. Feel like that could be a nice buff to sage and allow some more flexibility and more early benefit from sci. Just the cool down could work too but I think insta-profs in any category after 3 hours is probably too strong a buff.

Veteran
    Or give them rev? That would help to create a science gap between sages and non-sages and give them a significant sci advantage, which is what they should have.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Post Fiend
    faster leveling could definitely be a small but neat boost for sage that fits with the personality, obviously.

Veteran
    Sage would actually probably benefit a lot from removing the science cap and increasing the gains curve.

Sage: +30% sci effectiveness, +25% spawn rate, -75% losses on abducts.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Enthusiast
    Since sages have access to Amnesia, how about adding a % chance effect to making a province lose a scientist (and maybe the Sage casting the spell gains the scientist from the province on whom Amnesia is being cast) when Amnesia is cast on them? As things stand now, Amnesia resets scientists back by X hours. This can be gained back over time. Earlier when books were still there, Amnesia used to cause a small percentage of science to be lost forever. Thinking along those lines while making my above suggestion.

Thread Information