Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Did Your Age Go? Race & Personality Index

Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    @Chubtubdaplaya,

25 mod wpa / 3.2 sciences / 1.2 mf = 6.5 raw wpa needed / honor (1.15 count) = 5.66 raw wpa needed.

Halfling rogue sub 40-50 tpa is kinda sad?
    7 raw tpa x 1.5 racial x 1.5 dens bonus x 2.5 sciences ==> 39 mod tpa already. Before honor.

Halfling Count @ capped sciences on 10% homes --> ((25 x 1.1 racial) +1 homes) x 1.15 sciences x 1.05 honor = 34.4 ppa - 6 wpa - 7 tpa - 18 epa = 3.4 ppa (I went into last war at 0.8 ppa as a comparison).

7 tpa x 2 sciences x 1.3 dens x 1.5 racial x 1.15 count honor = 31 mod tpa (so he's running less if he has 25 mod .. more peasants even??)
    6 wpa x 3.2 sciences x 1.2 mf x 1.15 count honor = 26.5 mod wpa (so he's running less here too)

Not too difficult to hit those numbers. That said, I'm playing Faery Paladin and I thoroughly hate playing it. Very super super super boring.
    I guess I don't understand this math. How do you get 320% science bonus? The max bonus for channeling is 125%. If you add in the +75% science bonus from mystic, you have an extra 218% bonus. I have no idea what the 1.2mf refers to. Admittedly, I forgot about the honor bonus. The tpa calculation has the same apparent math error in the science bonus.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chubtubdaplaya View Post
    I guess I don't understand this math. How do you get 320% science bonus? The max bonus for channeling is 125%. If you add in the +75% science bonus from mystic, you have an extra 218% bonus.
    That 218% is added to the 100% wpa you'd have without any science. Otherwise, investing in channeling early age and having it on 60% would reduce your wpa. 320% is rounded.

I have no idea what the 1.2mf refers to.
    Mages fury adds 20% offensive wpa.

The tpa calculation has the same apparent math error in the science bonus.
    No error, +100% tpa means your tpa x2.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

One thing that really got me playing Fae/PL was when buffing teammates, being able to fail at buffing seemed really wonky. I'm guessing my build was just bad, but it was my first age playing. Just seemed to really hamper playing it when you're in war and need every bit of mana you can get.
    Last edited by StackOverflow; 01-08-2017 at 19:56.

Post Demon
    anyone ready to share their statistics yet?

Here is my current one just to get things started. This is for pure attacker randomming OOW all age.

Highest Networth 1360851
    Highest Land Area 6411
    Highest Honor 1778
    Total Land Explored 0
    Total Attacks Made 84
    Total Wins 74
    Wins Against Larger Opponents 38
    Average Relative Opponent Networth 97%
    Total Land Gained in Combat 11510
    Attacks Suffered 99
    Times Defeated 96
    Total Land Lost in Combat 6469
    Thievery Operations Attempted 1459
    Successful Thievery Operations 872
    Spells Attempted 761
    Successful Spells 639

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by StackOverflow View Post
    One thing that really got me playing Fae/PL was when buffing teammates, being able to fail at buffing seemed really wonky. I'm guessing my build was just bad, but it was my first age playing. Just seemed to really hamper playing it when you're in war and need every bit of mana you can get.
    Stick to it; we're happy to have you and I'm honored to have you post here.

I'm plain awful with numbers, but I muddle through. Some of the guys you see posting here are aces with builds. They at least offer hope that if we figure out the mechanical levers we danger in the ballpark of where we want to go.

Must say I'm glad to hear Uhm hoi offer his experiences with faery paladin. In The Virtual Kingdom I have 3, and I'll imagine Uhm hoi as the architect to guide the others.

I'm in kingdom with Madchess and it's been a unique pleasure seeing him work. - Dryad WH are who we thought they were! - ad-lib a little Dennis Green. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

How in the world do you have 25 mwpa with a halfling/mystic? They have no innate bonus to WPA, no building mods WPA, and even with max magic science, you'd need at least 10 raw wpa to hit 25 mwpa. And that's not even counting how you have 25mtpa AND 18 epa. I'd love to see your numbers. My ha/rogue a/T doesn't even have 25 mtpa.
    Ok here some raw numbers, first of all, I run 6.6 raw wpa atm. + mystic max science + MF + honor = 33.9 mwpa (according to munkbot, havent done the math myself)

Also, since I have max pop science, honor, +10% pop from halfing and 30% homes, I can easily fit 18 epa + 6 tpa + 6.6 wpa and have above 95% BE. "shrug"
    Last edited by Luigio; 02-08-2017 at 03:57.

Ant for the mtpa. I dont know how you manage to be sub 25. I dont even play with TDs and I am higher then that with only honor, +40% tpa from halfer and science. lol

Scribe
    Dorf/Heretic. It's been pretty smooth sailing, great quality of life pick. Never really settled into a defined role, just pushed it in whatever direction I needed it to go. Only encountered one guy who resisted NM, despite not focusing my build on it. GA was reasonably successful and paved the way for my rogues to do more fun things. OOW I was mostly left alone, in wartime enemies mostly seemed unsure of how or when to approach me.

Dwarf Cleric for the third age in a row and I have to say the combo is a sustain tank in wars. The addition of the rituals has created a new layer of strat planning but as an attacker who hit for his acres I have to say the build is solid. The loss of PF to the Cleric did hurt a bit this age but the balance of having Greater Protection and Minor Protection with animate dead makes my prov a less than attractive target in a lot of wars.

Current History:

Highest Networth 788488
    Highest Honor 3814
    Highest Land Area 4071
    Total Land Explored 0
    Total Land Gained in Combat 5798
    Total Attacks Made 69
    Total Wins 65
    Total Land Lost in Combat 2877
    Attacks Suffered 34
    Times Defeated 29
    Wins Against Larger Opponents 27
    Average Relative Opponent Networth 94%
    Thievery Operations Attempted 639
    Successful Thievery Operations 344
    Spells Attempted 688
    Successful Spells 580
    Last edited by Twistedthor; 02-08-2017 at 07:09.

Strategy Moderator
    i went elf paladin and it sucked. everyone AW'ed u EVERY war first off the bat, so i never quite have the wpa i wanted. And once i couldnt cant cast self spells on others i was limited to fb/et. i'd rather have heretic with 0 tpa losses or mystic with MS...or feary paladin that can still MS fat attackers.
    Sat multiple dwarf heretics...talk about a brick house of power

I was Undead Paladin, and like Persain said, with the current mechanics with Paladins, it is hard to be effective in wars with what they were set out to do. The spells are hard to cast on kingdom mates as it is, then with one or 2 hits in a chain, its hard to cast anything on them. However, as long as the heavy attackers in my kingdom stayed around 1 to 1.5 wpa then it tended to be ok. Overall though, Undead was fun, and I was easily able to rebuild and be war ready right out of cf's.

Needs to get out more
    Hey Kronick, how did the paladin self spells work on you?

I had contemplated going the direction of undead paladin(in The Virtual Kingdom) because I figured the self sustain might be admirable, besides helping others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Human/Rogue.

I'm rusty at playing hybrid, but it was still fun. I didn't really take advantage of the extra general as often as I should have, and getting into a more defensive mindset (don't send all of my elites? That's not how attacking works..) was tricky after going so long as a semi-suiciding Undead. I still got chained plenty, which I took as a sign of my dangerous-ness, but was more likely to be my exposing myself to a chain. I was able to maintain thieves, bar one or two wars where chains were followed by massacres, but again I majorly underutilised Rogue and was left to pretty much kidnap to restore peasants that had been blown up, or to steal gold for the dragon.
    A very fun age, but if I go hybrid again I'd hope to do better with it than I have this age. Seeing other Human/Rogues in the kingdom successfully AW down enemy mages was nice, but I'd have preferred to have done it rather than just watched it.

I miss Inspire Army.
    Ghetto Nightmare

Age 96 - Chaise Longue/Lighthouse Fire | Age 95 - Telephone The Real Ham Jackson | Age 94 - Final Girl | Age 93 - Superdrug | Age 92 - No Gods No Masters | Age 91 - Hunting The Wren | Age 90 - I Useta Lover | Age 89 - The Young People | Age 88 - Suspended in Gaffa | Age 87 - Aversadze | Age 85-86 - [Making A Baby] | Age 84 - Gay Girls | Age 83 - Avant Gardener | Age 82 - Girls Talk | Age 81 - Aversadze | Age 80 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking | Age 79 - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down | Age 78 - The Lightning Strike | Age 77 - So Like A Rose | Age 76 - Aversadze/Kemosabe | Age 75 - Not Your Kind Of People/Good Shot, Good Soldier | Age 74 - Godspell | Age 73 - Time Will Destroy Everything/Versions of Hate | Age 72 - Another New World | Age 71 - Cold Old Fire | Age 70 - Battlestations | Age 69 - Tilted | Age 68 - Spite & Malice | Age 67 - I, The Hand Grenade | Age 66 - The Mother We Share | Age 65 - Pretty Keen On Centrefolds | Age 64 - Wangernumb | Age 63 - Aversadze | Age 62 - Aversadze | Age 60 - Lynx | Age 59 - Astral | Age 58 - That's How You Get Ants | Age 57 - Aversadze

My Elf/Heretic worked out decently well. Had some activity and communication problems in the KD, but we worked that out mostly late in the age. I was ok with my performance in numbers, though it didn't feel like I was making as large of an impact as it should have. Probably the lack of MS which I am used to having running a/M.

Highest Networth 527092
    Highest Land Area 2547
    Highest Honor 3552
    Total Land Explored 140
    Total Attacks Made 79
    Total Wins 72
    Wins Against Larger Opponents 18
    Average Relative Opponent Networth 81%
    Total Land Gained in Combat 3948
    Attacks Suffered 48
    Times Defeated 36
    Total Land Lost in Combat 2573
    Thievery Operations Attempted 1423
    Successful Thievery Operations 625
    Spells Attempted 1337
    Successful Spells 1136
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronnick View Post
    I was Undead Paladin, and like Persain said, with the current mechanics with Paladins, it is hard to be effective in wars with what they were set out to do. The spells are hard to cast on kingdom mates as it is, then with one or 2 hits in a chain, its hard to cast anything on them. However, as long as the heavy attackers in my kingdom stayed around 1 to 1.5 wpa then it tended to be ok. Overall though, Undead was fun, and I was easily able to rebuild and be war ready right out of cf's.
    Support spells are difficult to land. It seems it's easier to land meteors than to use bloodlust as a support spell on provinces with comparable wpa. I've seen an undead paladin and some dwarf paladins this age and I seriously wonder how they ended up playing their province, since they don't really have the population available to run 6+rwpa (since you kinda need offense to succeed as an attacker and also enough defense to not get massacred when you run that much t/wpa) and don't hold the honour to increase popspace to the point where that is possible and dont have a racial wpa bonus. Would you mind sharing the pop space distribution you aimed for and how you made it work?
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Thread Information