Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Did Your Age Go? Race & Personality Index

Needs to get out more

How Did Your Age Go? Race & Personality Index

Hello.

Simple question. I'm encouraging those with less popular combinations to offer their experiences as well. All are welcome to brag, lament or just give an analytical assessment.

~ My choice this age was dryad cleric. Not a deep choice; I'm in a micro-kingdom and knew I'd be experiencing multiple counter attacks. We had no wars. IMHO the dryad cleric would be unsuitable for war, but rather ideal in normal. The build is capable, but doesn't excel, at independent operation. Dryad cleric has ferocious offensive potential and no need for aid. (I could see the dryad tactician in an organized kingdom as a role-player.) ~

Thank you for your submissions.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 30-07-2017 at 18:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    Elf and dwarf always seems to be solid. I've noticed that the most successful players un my KD anyway are almost always the elves.
    Long live Mehul!

Director of Age Changes
    Dwarf Tactician master race.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Post Demon
    the only thing I did not like on my Dryad/War hero was not getting science maxed, I guess I should have started with laboratories much sooner. Focusing on growth I really never had time and resurces to abduct much.

Enjoyed UD/WH. Plague is wonderful and it was nice to be able to pitfall folks (last time I had it, playing an avian cleric, I didn't have the WPA to land many).

My only real gripe has been that this seems to be a turtle heavy age. Even beyond all the dwarves, a lot of KDs, including my own, are Human heavy, running relatively high dspa in addition to keeping a boatload of elites at home, so I was first and most hit target our first couple wars.

Then again, I was first and most hit target in all of my KD's wars last age (only one of them was caused by my own stupidity), so maybe folks just plain don't like my face.

In summation, no complaints about the UD/WH combo, enjoyed it thoroughly, only complaint is other folks not being as suicidal as I am.

I also sat a Dwarf for a while and it was just wonderful.

Halfling/Rogue - -Not the most "out of the box" thinking I know, but still quite the enjoyable combo. I had to learn over time that my preferred role of a/T just wasn't as viable a choice losing out on the +2 ospec. That and as mentioned above this age has been with a lot more defensive minded cores considering the choices of Hu and Dw. No complaints though, just a simple matter of adapting towards a more T/M type which has also been pretty stout to this point. Had I the chance to do this age again, I do believe the combo I would of been most interested in trying out would have to be Dwarf/Heretic.

One of the few ha/my here. It worked very very well. The pop bonus along with buffed thievery of halfing made me a well rounded T/M. My mwpa was on part with other mystics when I cast mage's fury. Only real downside was that minus BE from halfing.

At the moment, I am at 25 mwpa(30 with mf), 25 mtpa and 18 epa, still working above 95% BE. I am almost maxed in science and I have a lot of honor tho, so it makes it very easy to pump it.
    Last edited by Luigio; 31-07-2017 at 04:41.

My age... Started off AV/Cleric while running heavy Hosp for half the age with Fluffy. Sustained better than their AV/Warriors (CLERIC FOR LYFE). Took a month off then ghetto'd it up. UD/WH (ridic conversions!) just to try it out to try out the hype. Ghettos thought running 150-200opa was insanely high, taught them a few things. Defected, then got raze killed for no reason lol. Now Elf/Paly just to mess around but currently in vacay mode. Hopefully ill finish up with it just to mess around and actually have a lil fun with it. Not a bad age, but not a great one either.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    Elf/Pal - hard to get good wpa and scientists, but otherwise pretty dmn good. CS + IS = no rogues.

Fae/Pl

Had to be done. Poss broken

UD/WH

unfortunately. UD and orcs are almost always the first few races to get smacked down.... but great conversions which always comes to 1:1 leets and ofspecs.
    I got decent wpa this age and managed greed and PF which was real fun. even maanaged to Lightin strike some runes of larger T/Ms

reckon i would continue with UD/WH.... i think honor loss from chained provinces shud be looked at..... dropped from viscount to almost knight was quite..... escalated.

Needs to get out more
    Oow(out of war) the undead war hero is a pure menace. Since I'm running cleric I know I wasn't suffering as much as others. I'd imagine t/ms aren't thrilled to have any undead crashing their defensive grid prelude to relations. The ability to run WS put me at a serious honor disadvantage since I had to anon in retal.

I've yet to run into an angry avian, but undead WH has been the most formidable oow build I've encountered this age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Luigio View Post
    One of the few ha/my here. It worked very very well. The pop bonus along with buffed thievery of halfing made me a well rounded T/M. My mwpa was on part with other mystics when I cast mage's fury. Only real downside was that minus BE from halfing.

At the moment, I am at 25 mwpa(30 with mf), 25 mtpa and 18 epa, still working above 95% BE. I am almost maxed in science and I have a lot of honor tho, so it makes it very easy to pump it.
    How in the world do you have 25 mwpa with a halfling/mystic? They have no innate bonus to WPA, no building mods WPA, and even with max magic science, you'd need at least 10 raw wpa to hit 25 mwpa. And that's not even counting how you have 25mtpa AND 18 epa. I'd love to see your numbers. My ha/rogue a/T doesn't even have 25 mtpa.

Post Fiend
    @Chubtubdaplaya,

25 mod wpa / 3.2 sciences / 1.2 mf = 6.5 raw wpa needed / honor (1.15 count) = 5.66 raw wpa needed.

Halfling rogue sub 40-50 tpa is kinda sad?
    7 raw tpa x 1.5 racial x 1.5 dens bonus x 2.5 sciences ==> 39 mod tpa already. Before honor.

Halfling Count @ capped sciences on 10% homes --> ((25 x 1.1 racial) +1 homes) x 1.15 sciences x 1.05 honor = 34.4 ppa - 6 wpa - 7 tpa - 18 epa = 3.4 ppa (I went into last war at 0.8 ppa as a comparison).

7 tpa x 2 sciences x 1.3 dens x 1.5 racial x 1.15 count honor = 31 mod tpa (so he's running less if he has 25 mod .. more peasants even??)
    6 wpa x 3.2 sciences x 1.2 mf x 1.15 count honor = 26.5 mod wpa (so he's running less here too)

Not too difficult to hit those numbers. That said, I'm playing Faery Paladin and I thoroughly hate playing it. Very super super super boring.

Veteran
    My age couldn't have been better. I'm playing a faery paladin and I was able to reach prince with it.

It feels like playing god. I just change some details in the provinces in our kd and the provinces of the opposing kd with support and combat spells and enable our attackers to tear anything apart. Some others feel like this is a boring role to play, but I disagree. I enjoy making the team stronger. And I enjoy all the little tricks available with the different support spells:
    - Overpop isnt that big of a deal to our attackers since I make them lose their peasants when chained by sharing town watch. Wrathful smite makes hits on them hurt the opposition more aswell.
    - Opposing players have a hard time getting unbreakable, since I boost offense with bloodlust, fanaticism and scientific insight.
    - I get our rogues defense up with greater protection and protect them with reflect.
    - We can quickly aid someone up with paladins inspiration.
    - I can buff the science in our kingdom by sharing revelation.
    - I can troll people with war spoils.
    On top of that, I mostly meteor, pitfall and landlust. At the beginning of wars I turn some gold into lead. I nightstrike, kidnap, steal war horses and sabotage wizards. I send and slay dragons. And when it's relatively safe to do so, I even join in with the waves. It has been a great age for me.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Thread Information