Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies of Utopia Interviews: Sassy_Wolfie

Ladies of Utopia Interviews: Sassy_Wolfie

Ladies and gentlemen of the Utopia Community Forums, we are pleased to present to you the Ladies of Utopia Interviews series. This series is to highlight the variety of backgrounds of the ladies of utopia; to allow you to get to know us as players and people; to show the Utopia Community that we have been here from the start and we will be here until the end. As the most recent addition to the team of moderators, we thought it only fitting sassy_wolfie be the first interview.

Enjoy!

Where do you play from?
    I play from Oregon, west coast of USA

What is your day job, when you’re not being a Utopian badass?
    I’m a stay-at-home Mum to 3 kiddos (4, 3 and 6mo)

What are some other hobbies you have?
    I like upcycling clothing to make costumes and clothing for my kids and myself

What is something you would like the Utopia community to know about you?
    I’m a very forgiving person but if you keep screwing up you will be in trouble

What brought you into Utopia and what keeps you playing?
    Nostalgia brought me back after a long break and what keeps me playing is the amazing people in my kingdom

Why do you think the game is generally so unappealing to other females?
    They probably have to deal with an excess of testosterone at work, they may not want to deal with it during their downtime as well (Men can be so competitive!)

Do you remember which KD you first played in?
    I don’t, they weren’t very welcoming so I didn’t stay with them after my first age ended

Do you remember boats?
    I don’t remember boats but I remember Dark Elves and Gnomes!

Describe the most memorable age in your uto-experience.
    Age 67 - Undead Rogue was so much fun!

What was the worst/dumbest mistake you’ve made in the game?
    I was sitting a TM while playing an attacker and when we entered war, I focused on ops before sending my own army out, and my poor province got absolutely smashed!

What is/was your favorite theme?
    Chemicals, I felt the kingdom actually followed the theme very closely so the kingdom page looked much more organized

What ranks and/or roles have you held in your uto-experience?
    I’ve been attacker mostly, I was a mystic last age and now I’m a rogue this age. My highest honor rank was a Countess last age.

Have you played in any alliances?
    Art of Destruction

What is a weakness of yours? RL or in-game.
    Brodies (only the Queenslanders will know what that is) - For everyone else, it’s rotisserie chicken, french fries (standard cut), and brown gravy on a soft hoagie roll.

What member of the utopia community would you most like to have a beer with/share a meal with and why?
    Panthira - I think we’d have a great time and have lots to talk about

How do you handle interactions with a KDmate you have a disagreement with or your monarch when you disagree with an order?
    Try to privately message them whether on WhatsApp or in game and figure out what the deal is. If I disagree with an order, I find out the reasoning behind why it was ordered, express my concerns if they weren’t resolved by the reason and then follow the order anyway.

Do you feel like your gender has been a barrier to being taken seriously in this game as leadership?
    Not at all, my kingdom has several women in it and I have not noticed any difference between the way we are treated by each other or the men. I’ve been steward on and off depending on the situation and never had any issues based on my gender.

How do the people in your RL react to your playing Utopia? (i.e. common knowledge, closely guarded secret?)
    Calm acceptance, they all play games too though usually not browser-based ones

Have you met any Utopians IRL or have any Utopian FB friends?
    Haven’t met any and don’t have FB friends either, though my WhatsApp is pretty busy

What makes you want to rage quit?
    Rage quit? Nothing. Rage in general? People that go inactive in/right before war.

What do you do in RL to get yourself ready for war in-game?
    Set alarms for waking up for the 5am waves

If you could create a race for the game, what would it be?
    Bring back my Sirens!!!

What other utopia-related projects have you worked on?
    Wikipedia, the Guide, Forum Moderator, game tester, and talking about new age changes

If you could wave a magic wand, what’s the one change you’d make to Utopia?
    A server with ticks every 30 minutes

What is something you hope to see in the future in this game?
    An Official Utopia app and more game skin choices

Who do you think will take the iron throne?
    Daenerys Targaryen - although the little chaos devil in me would love to see what would happen in Petyr Baelish were to win it.

This is only the beginning...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlilwitch View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen of the Utopia Community Forums, we are pleased to present to you the Ladies of Utopia Interviews series. This series is to highlight the variety of backgrounds of the ladies of utopia; to allow you to get to know us as players and people; to show the Utopia Community that we have been here from the start and we will be here until the end. As the most recent addition to the team of moderators, we thought it only fitting sassy_wolfie be the first interview.

Enjoy!

Where do you play from?
    I play from Oregon, west coast of USA

What is your day job, when you’re not being a Utopian badass?
    I’m a stay-at-home Mum to 3 kiddos (4, 3 and 6mo)

What are some other hobbies you have?
    I like upcycling clothing to make costumes and clothing for my kids and myself

What is something you would like the Utopia community to know about you?
    I’m a very forgiving person but if you keep screwing up you will be in trouble

What brought you into Utopia and what keeps you playing?
    Nostalgia brought me back after a long break and what keeps me playing is the amazing people in my kingdom

Why do you think the game is generally so unappealing to other females?
    They probably have to deal with an excess of testosterone at work, they may not want to deal with it during their downtime as well (Men can be so competitive!)

Do you remember which KD you first played in?
    I don’t, they weren’t very welcoming so I didn’t stay with them after my first age ended

Do you remember boats?
    I don’t remember boats but I remember Dark Elves and Gnomes!

Describe the most memorable age in your uto-experience.
    Age 67 - Undead Rogue was so much fun!

What was the worst/dumbest mistake you’ve made in the game?
    I was sitting a TM while playing an attacker and when we entered war, I focused on ops before sending my own army out, and my poor province got absolutely smashed!

What is/was your favorite theme?
    Chemicals, I felt the kingdom actually followed the theme very closely so the kingdom page looked much more organized

What ranks and/or roles have you held in your uto-experience?
    I’ve been attacker mostly, I was a mystic last age and now I’m a rogue this age. My highest honor rank was a Countess last age.

Have you played in any alliances?
    Art of Destruction

What is a weakness of yours? RL or in-game.
    Brodies (only the Queenslanders will know what that is) - For everyone else, it’s rotisserie chicken, french fries (standard cut), and brown gravy on a soft hoagie roll.

What member of the utopia community would you most like to have a beer with/share a meal with and why?
    Panthira - I think we’d have a great time and have lots to talk about

How do you handle interactions with a KDmate you have a disagreement with or your monarch when you disagree with an order?
    Try to privately message them whether on WhatsApp or in game and figure out what the deal is. If I disagree with an order, I find out the reasoning behind why it was ordered, express my concerns if they weren’t resolved by the reason and then follow the order anyway.

Do you feel like your gender has been a barrier to being taken seriously in this game as leadership?
    Not at all, my kingdom has several women in it and I have not noticed any difference between the way we are treated by each other or the men. I’ve been steward on and off depending on the situation and never had any issues based on my gender.

How do the people in your RL react to your playing Utopia? (i.e. common knowledge, closely guarded secret?)
    Calm acceptance, they all play games too though usually not browser-based ones

Have you met any Utopians IRL or have any Utopian FB friends?
    Haven’t met any and don’t have FB friends either, though my WhatsApp is pretty busy

What makes you want to rage quit?
    Rage quit? Nothing. Rage in general? People that go inactive in/right before war.

What do you do in RL to get yourself ready for war in-game?
    Set alarms for waking up for the 5am waves

If you could create a race for the game, what would it be?
    Bring back my Sirens!!!

What other utopia-related projects have you worked on?
    Wikipedia, the Guide, Forum Moderator, game tester, and talking about new age changes

If you could wave a magic wand, what’s the one change you’d make to Utopia?
    A server with ticks every 30 minutes

What is something you hope to see in the future in this game?
    An Official Utopia app and more game skin choices

Who do you think will take the iron throne?
    Daenerys Targaryen - although the little chaos devil in me would love to see what would happen in Petyr Baelish were to win it.

This is only the beginning...
    Same as all societies the advancement level is measured by cultural development and education of the females. Thank you for making utopia great again?

Scribe
    Thanks for the interview ! It's nice to get to know more about fellow utopians.
    on a side note I am now craving a Brodie...where can I get one?

Director of Age Changes
    Does she really think sirens were a good concept? lmao
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Administrator
    Great interview Sassy! It's always nice to learn some of these things that don't normally come up in regular Utopia conversation!

I do have a bit of a problem with one remark made by goodlilwitch regarding ladies in Utopia being here from the start and being here until the end, this implies that Utopia will come to an end. You should know better than that! Utopia will never end! Never!! Not with such great people and personalities such as yourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    The basis of what you all saw for Siren is what turned into the Paladin. There was quite a bit more discussion & planning that went into Siren that never made it to Proposed changes. I feel she is likely referring to that! I also think she just likes the name :P
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    they were. you never saw the siren until it was already plucked and ripped apart

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Great interview Sassy! It's always nice to learn some of these things that don't normally come up in regular Utopia conversation!

I do have a bit of a problem with one remark made by goodlilwitch regarding ladies in Utopia being here from the start and being here until the end, this implies that Utopia will come to an end. You should know better than that! Utopia will never end! Never!! Not with such great people and personalities such as yourselves!

The basis of what you all saw for Siren is what turned into the Paladin. There was quite a bit more discussion & planning that went into Siren that never made it to Proposed changes. I feel she is likely referring to that! I also think she just likes the name :P
    I answered the same way independently, and not just because of the name :P Sirens were way better than dryad and pally imo
    Last edited by Goodwitch; 01-08-2017 at 03:49.

Loved reading this and getting to know more about Sassy and looking forward to reading more! Good job GLW and thanks for doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    I do have a bit of a problem with one remark made by goodlilwitch regarding ladies in Utopia being here from the start and being here until the end, this implies that Utopia will come to an end. You should know better than that! Utopia will never end! Never!! Not with such great people and personalities such as yourselves
    Exactly. So, we have always been here and we will always be here. That's just what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by dianabolical View Post
    Good job GLW and thanks for doing this.
    It's a team effort between all of us. I'm happy to do this small part <3
    Last edited by phoenyx; 01-08-2017 at 17:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    Thanks for the interview ! It's nice to get to know more about fellow utopians.
    on a side note I am now craving a Brodie...where can I get one?
    I've never found an acceptable one that's easily available. You can make them yourself, it takes about 35 minutes including oven-preheating.

At the grocery store, pick up a rotisserie-style whole chicken, packet of brown gravy, bag of frozen fries, and a pack of rolls (outdoor rolls or sourdough hoagies are both great options). Start cooking for fries first as they take the longest, then when they have about 10 minutes left start cooking the gravy while you pull the chicken apart (you can make 4-6 rolls using just the rib/breast chicken but you can also pull chicken off the legs if you wanted a more packed roll). I like to nuke the rolls for 30 seconds in the microwave so they are nice and warm as well. Then when everything is cooked, you put the chicken on the roll, a layer of fries and then some gravy. I like a moderate amount of gravy but the Americans I've corrupted to like Brodies like a lot of gravy on them. I also know people that like putting mayo or sriracha-mayo on the roll as well.

... and now I'm hungry. Thanks :P

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Wolfie View Post
    I've never found an acceptable one that's easily available. You can make them yourself, it takes about 35 minutes including oven-preheating.

At the grocery store, pick up a rotisserie-style whole chicken, packet of brown gravy, bag of frozen fries, and a pack of rolls (outdoor rolls or sourdough hoagies are both great options). Start cooking for fries first as they take the longest, then when they have about 10 minutes left start cooking the gravy while you pull the chicken apart (you can make 4-6 rolls using just the rib/breast chicken but you can also pull chicken off the legs if you wanted a more packed roll). I like to nuke the rolls for 30 seconds in the microwave so they are nice and warm as well. Then when everything is cooked, you put the chicken on the roll, a layer of fries and then some gravy. I like a moderate amount of gravy but the Americans I've corrupted to like Brodies like a lot of gravy on them. I also know people that like putting mayo or sriracha-mayo on the roll as well.

... and now I'm hungry. Thanks :P
    You are welcome :P me too lol
    So I gather you are from QLD? What brought you to Oregon?

now I want one of those things!!!! * makes shopping list*

Loved reading this. Will head out and have a Brodie's burger in Sassy's honor, NomNomNom

Scribe
    We might need a utopian recipe sharing thread

Post Fiend
    Thanks for a cool interview. I SECOND the recipes thread idea!
    #Hiatus

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by LightNing View Post
    Thanks for a cool interview. I SECOND the recipes thread idea!
    NING! we need you on slack! contact me or GLW or Sassy or someone so we can add you

Thread Information