Ladies and gentlemen of the Utopia Community Forums, we are pleased to present to you the Ladies of Utopia Interviews series. This series is to highlight the variety of backgrounds of the ladies of utopia; to allow you to get to know us as players and people; to show the Utopia Community that we have been here from the start and we will be here until the end. As the most recent addition to the team of moderators, we thought it only fitting sassy_wolfie be the first interview.

Enjoy!

Where do you play from?
I play from Oregon, west coast of USA

What is your day job, when you’re not being a Utopian badass?
I’m a stay-at-home Mum to 3 kiddos (4, 3 and 6mo)

What are some other hobbies you have?
I like upcycling clothing to make costumes and clothing for my kids and myself

What is something you would like the Utopia community to know about you?
I’m a very forgiving person but if you keep screwing up you will be in trouble

What brought you into Utopia and what keeps you playing?
Nostalgia brought me back after a long break and what keeps me playing is the amazing people in my kingdom

Why do you think the game is generally so unappealing to other females?
They probably have to deal with an excess of testosterone at work, they may not want to deal with it during their downtime as well (Men can be so competitive!)

Do you remember which KD you first played in?
I don’t, they weren’t very welcoming so I didn’t stay with them after my first age ended

Do you remember boats?
I don’t remember boats but I remember Dark Elves and Gnomes!

Describe the most memorable age in your uto-experience.
Age 67 - Undead Rogue was so much fun!

What was the worst/dumbest mistake you’ve made in the game?
I was sitting a TM while playing an attacker and when we entered war, I focused on ops before sending my own army out, and my poor province got absolutely smashed!

What is/was your favorite theme?
Chemicals, I felt the kingdom actually followed the theme very closely so the kingdom page looked much more organized

What ranks and/or roles have you held in your uto-experience?
I’ve been attacker mostly, I was a mystic last age and now I’m a rogue this age. My highest honor rank was a Countess last age.

Have you played in any alliances?
Art of Destruction

What is a weakness of yours? RL or in-game.
Brodies (only the Queenslanders will know what that is) - For everyone else, it’s rotisserie chicken, french fries (standard cut), and brown gravy on a soft hoagie roll.

What member of the utopia community would you most like to have a beer with/share a meal with and why?
Panthira - I think we’d have a great time and have lots to talk about

How do you handle interactions with a KDmate you have a disagreement with or your monarch when you disagree with an order?
Try to privately message them whether on WhatsApp or in game and figure out what the deal is. If I disagree with an order, I find out the reasoning behind why it was ordered, express my concerns if they weren’t resolved by the reason and then follow the order anyway.

Do you feel like your gender has been a barrier to being taken seriously in this game as leadership?
Not at all, my kingdom has several women in it and I have not noticed any difference between the way we are treated by each other or the men. I’ve been steward on and off depending on the situation and never had any issues based on my gender.

How do the people in your RL react to your playing Utopia? (i.e. common knowledge, closely guarded secret?)
Calm acceptance, they all play games too though usually not browser-based ones

Have you met any Utopians IRL or have any Utopian FB friends?
Haven’t met any and don’t have FB friends either, though my WhatsApp is pretty busy

What makes you want to rage quit?
Rage quit? Nothing. Rage in general? People that go inactive in/right before war.

What do you do in RL to get yourself ready for war in-game?
Set alarms for waking up for the 5am waves

If you could create a race for the game, what would it be?
Bring back my Sirens!!!

What other utopia-related projects have you worked on?
Wikipedia, the Guide, Forum Moderator, game tester, and talking about new age changes

If you could wave a magic wand, what’s the one change you’d make to Utopia?
A server with ticks every 30 minutes

What is something you hope to see in the future in this game?
An Official Utopia app and more game skin choices

Who do you think will take the iron throne?
Daenerys Targaryen - although the little chaos devil in me would love to see what would happen in Petyr Baelish were to win it.

This is only the beginning...