Thread: Occupy Attack

Regular

Occupy Attack

I had a dream about this last night so I'm sharing it, don't judge me.

Only available in war, your army would occupy a number of acres of an opposing province. While the army is on the land, whatever buildings are on those acres, the attacking province would now gain those bonuses and the defending province would be out those bonuses.

How long it would last for, I don't know, would it be subject to be% and whose, i unno. Are there other influences to go over, yea.

It's just a thought, a new mechanic for the game developers to maybe play around with and the community to wonder about.

You would most likely recieve more feedback if it was in Suggetions forum. But I guess some mod will move it over for you!

Probably belongs to suggestions.

You've given me an idea of what I'd really like to see them implement. Capturable Forts. When you hold a Fort you get bonuses like increased KD DME, defensive tpa or something similar. You send your armies to Forts in order to keep them, if an enemy wants to capture your Fort from you they have to defeat those armies and keep the Fort for one Utopian month. There could be one capturable Fort per Island.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Post Demon
    if you occupy stuff would that not bind your army or part of it to the occupation?

Regular
    By occupation do you mean get income from the jobs? I would say no, that would be too powerful imo, and also basically negate wages. More so, the peasants on those lands would do those jobs (defending province's peasants). Similar to rl occupation of countries.

Edit: Maybe the defending province gets the income from those jobs, however the attacking province gets a tax on that income.
    Last edited by cnt; 02-08-2017 at 16:49.

Regular
    This could also be a way for chained provinces to still be able to maintain their army numbers.

Forum Fanatic
    I'm not sure there's a middle ground between raze (20% target land) and tm (12.5 base, scaling to max of 20 with mods, or min of 4-5) that really makes sense and doesn't wind up with it either overpowered or underpowered.

Director of Age Changes
    Sounds like a coding mess that's borderline useful.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by cnt View Post
    This could also be a way for chained provinces to still be able to maintain their army numbers.
    Then it's a terrible idea(simply on that premise, not to mention the coding difficulty) because it's already much too easy for chained provinces to retain their offence, not to mention that it's much harder to actually properly chain somebody these days.
    I would rather see a return to the days of old where raze destroys acres in war etc.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 02-08-2017 at 21:36.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Director of Age Changes
    Raze destroys acres in war + personal pool = clown show.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Thread Information