Thread: New suggestion (garrison)

New suggestion (garrison)

Hello new to the thread but long time player.
    I had thought about ways to improve the game and came up with the idea of adding a garrison il add points on how i feel it should work.

*new building, (garrison)
    *provinces in your kingdom would be allowed to send (X) amount of troops to aid in the defense of kingdom members.
    *each point in garrison would allow for 25 troops to enter the garrison for defense.
    *defense sent to kingdom member operates at only half of race/personality defense points.
    *garrison works same way as aid.
    *garrisoned troops would only stay in said garrisoned castle for up to 24(real world hours)
    *province under garrisoned troops may send back troops at any time
    *Troops sent back either after 24hr time limit, or when garrison is no longer needed would take 1 tick to return back to senders castle.

Let me know what everyone thinks about this idea. I feel it would add a different mechanic in game to work with. Say your kingdom mate has been chained multiple times, you could offer some type of help to make the attacker either send more offense to attack, or avert the attack all together, giving a more involved style of play for warring kingdoms. Even help your kingdom members grow bigger and catch up if they fell behind due to attacks. And with everything there would have to be a counter to help the attacking party.

*thieve Ops (undercover strike)-name pending lmao
    -your thieves take on the appearance of garrisoned troops to assassinate (X) amount of garrisoned troops

*wizards (ethereal phantoms) your wizards send ethereal spirits to destroy the minds of garrisoned troops

Thats my suggestion tell me what you all think :)

Post Fiend
    I don't think it'll work practically.

- What happens if a Dwarf sends 12 elites and and Orc sends 12 elites to help you attack out? Are we going to see 8 elites on our war room page?
    - What happens if I GA your Garrisons?
    - What happens if you build 50% Garrison and everyone in your kd sends their troops and thus overpop you?

I think the good old soldier aid is enough.

Director of Age Changes
    Aside from glaring balance issues, looks like a coding nightmare.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

It would take some work for coding, but this entire game im sure was tons of work in coding. But to answer your question elmo. In what i thought about the garrison would only apply to defense and not attacking out. And remember i said all troops would be half defense. Many ways you could work it to balance it out <can only send defense units no elites> or make it so if elites where sent then maybe a 3 to 1 ratio of attack is added to defense. Its not ment to be a total game changer. Just a small boost. Il use my undead warrior as an example. I was hit over 20 times, i lost a ton of land and as a result i had to disband majority of my troops so i did not loose all my peasants. Say i had points in garrison, i could accomidate maybe 350 troops to help in my defense. And raise my defense a little so again the attacker would maybe not be able to hit me 4 times in a row and maybe only 2 hits. But again like with everything if you had 50% in garrison would not be so efficient. Ya coukd get a higher troop amount sent in your defense but the rest of your province will faulter in other areas. Sent troops would take away troops from the sendee making them more susceptible to attacks because it made them weaker. Again my idea was not ment to be a game changer just offer another level of gameplay to help out kingdom mates. And as far as overpop i would say that a garrison would hold its own population along the lines of just use made up numbers 10 in garrison could hold 200 troops. You could even take it a step further and garrison troops suffer 30% higher death rate if province is attacked while garrisoned. And again the province of the sendee race/personality would divided in half so you sent some 300 defense units and say the defense unit of the sendee is 6^def so 6x300= 1800 def, effect of garrisons halves that number so 1800÷2= 900 you added 900 total defense to your kingdom mates province. Like i said tho not meant to be game changing and obviously the numbers need alot of work. More the idea then the numbers math has never been a fortee of mine. But thankyou for your input elmo!

Post Fiend
    I think forts would be a far better defensive option. If you want an attacker to bounce, can always just can minor prot at the right timing or ask for a soldier ball.

Thread Information