Thread: Dwarf age 72 and 73

Dwarf age 72 and 73

Hello. Please make up your mind on what you want dwarf to be. Last age they had high def and decent offense this next age they have horrible def and low offense. I mean what's there purpose besides building eff? At least make them be a decent attacker or decent defender. Last age I didn't like that they weren't an attacker and still think they should have a 8/7 elite or 8/6 for this next age. Or keep them with high defense and low offense just stick to a theme with them.

They are balancing out the races.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleria View Post
    Hello. Please make up your mind on what you want dwarf to be. Last age they had high def and decent offense this next age they have horrible def and low offense. I mean what's there purpose besides building eff? At least make them be a decent attacker or decent defender. Last age I didn't like that they weren't an attacker and still think they should have a 8/7 elite or 8/6 for this next age. Or keep them with high defense and low offense just stick to a theme with them.
    For next age, we have:
    1 14 value elite
    3 12 value (dwarf)
    3 11 value
    1 10 value
    1 9 value

An 8/6 (14) or 8/7 (15) would require significant negatives -- dryad has the 'best' elite currently and has very significant penalties and no real other buffs other than high offense values.

Dwarf's goal (which is largely flexible turtle/hybrid) fits pretty well with their elite, considering the game-wide elite value nerfs.

They can't turtle with a 5 base def when other elites are at 10. Hybrid yes turtle not even possible especially against an orc warrior. They would be able to double tap them easy even if the dwarf was full def build. Dwarf are completely useless. Bocan ignore wts which means in order to turtle you have to trade out def for more thieves. There is no turtling anymore. Not the way everything is gonna be set up

Post Fiend
    It requires you to balance elite vs spec army more. You will need to harbor your offense in dwarf elites and decide what your defense should be if you need to send all of your elites out on an attack and use specs to create your "at home" defense. When elites are home, your defense is higher. Dwarves are meant to be versatile, not turtles. You can swap in and out of builds easily which means you can pump faster and more economically. You can be more of an attacker and have higher efficiency on GS, Hosp, TG, or you can be more of a hybrid and run some TD's and lots of homes. Dwarf is a complex race that is more difficult to master than smash smash orcs, however once you learn the balance it tends to pay off.
    Dwarves will be harder to play next age for sure because they can't just hide in a shell, but they are still just as versatile and will still be used by top kingdoms as always.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodgame View Post
    Dwarves will be harder to play next age for sure because they can't just hide in a shell, but they are still just as versatile and will still be used by top kingdoms as always.
    There's only 53 dwarves on the server, either all 53 are top kds or they are, as mentioned, not worth playing anymore since they got nerfed too much and can't be played as an attacker or hybrid attacker, they have become a useless race which is a great shame as they have the potential to be so much more, as in the past. But this age is overwhelmingly the age of the undead.

If dwarf elite were 8/1-4 or 6/6, it would be at least useable. At the current values, it's useless and for some reason they decided to nerf their BE bonus down to 20% in the final changes. I'm curious what their thought process was for that.

Post Fiend
    Yea, nerfing them even more on the final changes was turning the handle of the knife... dwarf got screwed this age. I retract my earlier post as I didn't know they were going to get shot in the face after the kick to the groin.

Regular
    Both suggested changes I could work with, and was excited about the challenge in making them a contender for this age. Then the final changes came out and to say I was demoralized would be an understatement. I try and stay positive with changes from round to round even when I don't agree with a lot of whats being implemented. But this was a blow that blew my optimism completely. They were somewhat balanced with the other races in proposed changes and then squished. Getting sick and tired of round after round Undead being hands down the strongest race. Yes we had a break...one or two rounds were they didn't rule...but now we're back to square one.

I would also like to hear why they were nerfed so aggressively.

Thread Information