Thread: Self Spell Failure

Needs to get out more

Self Spell Failure

Your wizards gather 870 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. Our realm is now under a sphere of protection for 16 days!

Your wizards gather 676 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. Our realm is now under a sphere of protection for 10 days!

Your wizards gather 676 runes and begin casting, but the spell fails. Something went terribly wrong with our spell. 27 wizards were killed in an explosion!

Your wizards gather 676 runes and begin casting, but the spell fails.

Your wizards gather 966 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. The magical auras within our province will protect us from the black magic of our enemies for 11 days!

Your wizards gather 966 runes and begin casting, but the spell fails.

Your wizards gather 3,674 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. Our lands are blessed with Shadowlight. The next time thieves enter our lands their identities will be revealed.

Your wizards gather 3,674 runes and begin casting, but the spell fails.

Your wizards gather 3,674 runes and begin casting, but the spell fails. Something went terribly wrong with our spell. 34 wizards were killed in an explosion!

Your wizards gather 3,287 runes and begin casting, and the spell succeeds. Our dead will be awakened the next time our lands are attacked!

Channeling 25 +97.0% Magic Effectiveness

Wizards 5,890 (3.19 Wizards Per Acre) Runes 73,405
    Guilds 233 (12.64% of all buildings) Mana 53%

- Not necessarily saying it's a bug, but I've experienced enough regular failures to not see this as a percentage rash. I see no enemy cast that would've hurt these cast chances.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Self spell success is based totally on guilds and caps out at 20% guilds.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Addict
    Feels like the "safe" number for Guilds has slowly crept up from 10% to 13%-15%. Lots of unusual failure rates at 12% recently.

Always thought that Guilds were that one building that is kind of required to operate a functional Province, over all other buildings. Never understood why Guilds have a required percentage level to be functional and no other building does.

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to require lower Guild% for the simple spells, maybe 5% for low difficulty, 10% for medium, 15% for high?
    Last edited by Verminator; 09-08-2017 at 01:46.

Scribe
    don't feel bad I fail self spells at 17-18% all the time now. Pat 3x in a row and stuff. good thing i use self spells only outside of war or I'd lose all my wizards to explosions

Enthusiast
    I failed 6 Love and Peace in a row(could have been 7) at 16.5% guilds.

We've had a person get 18-20 successful ritual casts in a row, then fail 3 in a row at 20% guilds. The 3 were after an aid shipment, I guess tainted runes?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Feels like the "safe" number for Guilds has slowly crept up from 10% to 13%-15%. Lots of unusual failure rates at 12% recently.
    I noticed this to. For the last few ages I ran 12% to be "safe" and rarely failed. Now at 12% I fail quite frequently. Maybe something could be checked in the code? Maybe it got affected when op/spell difficulty was changed in Age 72?

There has been no change to the self spell success code.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Postaholic
    Does your BE affect spell success, Bishop? It doesn't appear to affect wizard production, but if someone has 12% guilds with 70% BE...?

Anyway, 12% drops your success rate quite a lot.

Thread Information