Thread: Age 72 Paladin - experiences

Post Fiend

Age 72 Paladin - experiences

We are thinking of running (Faery) Paladin next age and would like to hear thoughts on how was your experience with them this age.
    With proposed changes they will have flat 2% mana cost, longer duration of spells and easier casting.

1) How was your succ rate? (examples with numbers would be great)
    2) Do they get honor from casting on your own KD and if so, how much? Are same HP in war and OOW?

Edit:
    From uto-wiki: Wrathful Smite - Increases the enemy casualties of attacking provinces
    Does WS only increases casualties of enemy province when attacking (offence) or when attacked (defence) (same as PF)? Or both? And what %?
    Last edited by loky; 08-08-2017 at 12:45.

Post Fiend
    Dont run them, and definitely run them!

Faery Paladin here, it's so super duper boring to play. I get woken up 10 times / night because some turd wants Rev / PI out of war, or in war because of BL or TW or whatever. Intra casting was super difficult and I spent most the age running 80% guilds and veeeeery aid dependent.

Monarch here, it's so super broken and powerful. You have to get them. Paladin this age was an absolute killer. It's maintenance heavy (like super heavy), but it's so friggin powerful. Access to all spells is just broken.

--
    Actual answers:
    1 - horrible early age. Late age on 6++ raw wpa with Duke it was kinda nice.
    2 - dont know honor points in war, never checked, but oow you get 2 or so for intra-casts. In war we got most our honor from MS/NM. Dont know in war honor.

Your WS question ..... you looked it up in the wiki, why question? It increases enemy OFFENSIVE casualties when they hit your own fella who has WS.
    Regards,
    NighT

Veteran
    1: succesrate was bad at first, but past 4 rwpa, max channeling and some honour while attackers stayed at 1 wpa and away from channeling (unless they switch when chained for landlusting) it was pretty good. I'm pretty sure the difficulty of the higher rune cost self spells compare to the higher rune cost offensive spells. Things like bloodlust and reflect probably had about the same succesrate as meteors vs comparable wpa provinces. However, this succesrate is suppost to go up next age.

2: Yes, but not much and the province you cast on does need to have that honour (and attacker honour generally isnt that good). For most of the age about 2hp per cast, both in and out of war.

WS increases the enemy losses when they attack the province that has it.

My experience with faery paladins this age: they are ridiculously overpowered. Either you need to have them yourself or have a kd build and strategy that can disable them all within the first day of war, which is very hard, considering they are t/m's with the highest def elite + mp + gp + tw and possibly forts (ran 20% in most wars), access to magic shield + divine shield + reflect magic on top of high wpa and cs and illuminate on top of high tpa and possibly watchtowers (ran 20% vs ruthless and 10% vs avarice). With the proposed changes they will be even more powerful.

Also, consider the fact that it's easy to get the high honour mods on your province since you can just meteor as a faery.

If the final changes make it possible to have bloodlust, fanaticism, clear sight, reflect magic, town watch, wrathful strike, greater protection and revelation all as support spells, you simply must have them in your kd. However, do consider most players who played this race/persona this age had almost no sleep since they keep getting support spell requests and most players think the race/persona is boring AF. But will be a requirement for doing well as a kd next age with these proposed changes. Which is kinda stupid.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Needs to get out more
    I'm not a faery paladin but we have one in our micro-kingdom. It was nice to have the occasional bonus.

We were all doing our own thing which entailed low activity for some, so anything extra was always welcome. Really, I like to project from evidence rather than run full tilt because I'm familiar enough with outcomes. The benefits from faery paladin made me look at what could be expected, realistically. Thus, in my Virtual Kingdom I assigned faery paladin to dryad tac as priority. I expect the faery paladin to also emphasize self defense to force the UB situation as illustrated by the guys who also posted here.

I'm glad the other posters mentioned the support necessary to get the most from faery paladin. This'll help me set personalities in line with logistical expectations. In The Virtual Kingdom my generally set strategy is protecting *spearhead divisions* through interference. Though faery paladin isn't considered a breaker in my strat it is a logistical engine. I included 3 faery paladins in my last Virtual Kingdom and will probably do the same in 73.

* potent defense breakers for marching/wpa/tpa *
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

We ran Undead Paladins so that we could run more attackers. The difficulties concerning Paladins this age did not make the war side turn out as good as we had thought, but the +Mana will help in the future.

One of the best things that you can do for your kingdom, in regards to paladins, is to have a minimum of 2 very active people, who are on opposite sides of the planet to run them. That way, everyone is able to have their spells no matter when they actually ask for it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    Your WS question ..... you looked it up in the wiki, why question? It increases enemy OFFENSIVE casualties when they hit your own fella who has WS.
    Yeah but what percentage? :)

Quote Originally Posted by loky View Post
    Yeah but what percentage? :)
    The percentage was never given in the Age 72 changes and will be added to the wiki once it's known.

Thread Information