Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheated, Deleted, and Now Crown?

Postaholic

Cheated, Deleted, and Now Crown?

Two kingdoms were stripped of war wins (points and honor only?) and their monarchs were deleted for cheating and fake warring - with each other, no less.
    Both monarchs rejoined their same kingdoms, and continued to work together, along with certain idiot kingdoms at the top, to give Sparta1 a war win by hitting into war against Sparta's opponent. (The opponent then stayed in war 4 days longer than min time, to get farmed by Sparta, which has raised some speculation and suspicion). This placed Sparta in the #1 spot - not by accomplishment, but by what some call "****play".

Then, if that weren't enough, Sparta hit into a kingdom at war, to strip that unprovoked kingdom of a province crown they EARNED by warring over the round. I've heard that player is now quitting.

How does a deleted for cheating kingdom like Sparta crown? In the past, Bart would have been banned from playing the round for cheating, and that kingdom (those kingdoms) would have been banned from crowning.

Has this ever happened in Utopia before? Where a clearly cheating kingdom goes on to crown?

Cheating and fake wars are illegal, so how are they even in the running for crown at all? This makes no sense to me, in the scheme of things, or for the health of the game, retention of players, etc.

Postaholic
    There's like five threads pertaining to this already

Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Two kingdoms were stripped of war wins (points and honor only?) and their monarchs were deleted for cheating and fake warring - with each other, no less.
    Both monarchs rejoined their same kingdoms, and continued to work together, along with certain idiot kingdoms at the top, to give Sparta1 a war win by hitting into war against Sparta's opponent. (The opponent then stayed in war 4 days longer than min time, to get farmed by Sparta, which has raised some speculation and suspicion). This placed Sparta in the #1 spot - not by accomplishment, but by what some call "****play".

Then, if that weren't enough, Sparta hit into a kingdom at war, to strip that unprovoked kingdom of a province crown they EARNED by warring over the round. I've heard that player is now quitting.

How does a deleted for cheating kingdom like Sparta crown? In the past, Bart would have been banned from playing the round for cheating, and that kingdom (those kingdoms) would have been banned from crowning.

Has this ever happened in Utopia before? Where a clearly cheating kingdom goes on to crown?

Cheating and fake wars are illegal, so how are they even in the running for crown at all? This makes no sense to me, in the scheme of things, or for the health of the game, retention of players, etc.

I don't view this crown anywhere near the level Mansoor pulled with SWEA or the Realest/Brev Sonata so meh.

And frankly, hitting into war is a player construct not a dev one so it is up to us to enforce if we believe in it.

If you don't like Barts play use generals against him and enforce your own standards.
    Last edited by makeo; 09-08-2017 at 17:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post

People were never banned in Utopia. :( Has a cheating kingdom ever won in Utopia? LOL its like you never played Utopia at all.

Ah damn, sorry to hear that, I thought another first.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post
    I don't view this crown anywhere near the level Mansoor pulled with SWEA or the Realest/Brev Sonata so meh.

And frankly, hitting into war is a player construct not a dev one so it is up to us to enforce if we believe in it.

If you don't like Barts play use generals against him and enforcement your own standards.
    She cant hence the crying in the forum. Also SWEA didnt cheat we just ****played a lot so Bart can never come close to it cause he can only cheat to achieve things! :D

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post

If you don't like Barts play use generals against him and enforce your own standards.
    This isn't about him hitting into that war to take province crown. That is just to point out that Sparta is getting off flipping the bird at the Devs and other players, and he will do what he wants as if he owns the game. Yes, many thread talking about the "great bart", Swagger. Oh and a GB Bart poll.

Korp, you go on doing what you do so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    She cant hence the crying in the forum. Also SWEA didnt cheat we just ****played a lot so Bart can never come close to it cause he can only cheat to achieve things! :D
    Agreed.

I should make clear I don't think SWEA cheated as much as **** played and abused the spirit of the game.(It's one of my personal fave crowns)
    Last edited by makeo; 09-08-2017 at 17:56.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    There's like five threads pertaining to this already
    Eh, I'll allow it. It's not really so much about Bart/Sparta as it is about cheating, being actioned, and winning

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    People were never banned in Utopia. :( Has a cheating kingdom ever won in Utopia? LOL its like you never played Utopia at all.
    To be fair, she's acting if a kingdom has ever been actioned for cheating (by the devs) and then went on to win the crown anyway.

Which leads to a good point in that what kind of a message are the devs sending when they leave a kingdom like Sparta in crowning position after being actioned for cheating. I'm guessing they expected the community to do more damage while the kingdoms were suspended which is really lame imo.

Imo, they need to crack down on this stuff and not expect the community to give up their own goals to police players over things that the devs have full authority to action themselves.

something something, 400 acres.

The punishment was real and severe. You can't blame the developers for not expecting the work of art that unfolded, the heroic resilience that only a true Spartan is able to fathom.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Both monarchs rejoined their same kingdoms, and continued to work together, along with certain idiot kingdoms at the top, to give Sparta1 a war win by hitting into war against Sparta's opponent. (The opponent then stayed in war 4 days longer than min time, to get farmed by Sparta,
    If the war was a fake war it'd have been actioned already. Your crying for something that clearly didn't violate rules. Zauper & Hawk evaluated Div/Barco and Spart/Sparta and actioned one, why wouldn't they also evaluate CRoO/Sparta and action it if they saw reason to?

****play crowns are perfectly valid. Seasons won their Honor Crown by farming/generating honor in war with Grace through calculated hits from both kingdoms.
    Playboys farmed out their honor to ED to deny BeWare an honor crown after losing a war to BeWare.
    Barcoloco won a crown by farming out an ally/friend's kingdom with which they had an EoACF.
    Mansoor managed to get into a war with PewPew in which PewPew refused to hit, hitting Simians OOW instead and letting SWEA farm them (both kds were removed from war and lost their points, SWEA won the crown)

****play is a perfectly valid tactic. After all, you helped ASF ****play RoO last age to secure his would-be province crown by threatening to GB RoO for no reason.... youre fine helping your friends ****-play to crowns so why make this thread?

1) There is nothing against the rules in hitting into a war
    2) It is a perfectly valid and long-standing tradition to hit provinces at EoA to secure yourself a crown
    2a) This is a very common (or was) tactic for kingdoms seeking to honor crown
    3) If he can't defend his land, he didn't earn his crown. Obviously he should have attempted to secure cease fires with top kingdoms so that they might be avoided (or at least be considered a DB)

No player has been banned from playing the round for cheating in the 42 ages I've played. No kingdom has ever been banned from crowning. You're being a revisionist and a plainly biased one at that. Plus, read above. SWEA is your most recent example of fake war + crown.

Yes. RoCry crowned in Age 42 after suffering half a KD of deletions for injection of code into the game in age 39. SWEA crowned after a FW.

Cheating and fake wars are illegal, so how are they even in the running for crown at all?
    And they were punished for the actions which were deemed to be against the game rules. What sense does it make to extend that punishment to their ability to crown? If the other top kingdoms saw an issue with Sparta's actioned, they could/would/should have intervened before or after the admins actioned Sparta and they should have prevented them from continuing their age in the top. As the top kingdoms did not see this as necessary, why should anybody else in the game care?

This makes no sense to me, in the scheme of things, or for the health of the game, retention of players, etc.
    How does one kingdom crowning affect player retention anyways? You think ghettos are gonna mass delete because Bart crowned?
    Last edited by Pillz; 09-08-2017 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Eh, I'll allow it. It's not really so much about Bart/Sparta as it is about cheating, being actioned, and winning

To be fair, she's acting if a kingdom has ever been actioned for cheating (by the devs) and then went on to win the crown anyway.

Which leads to a good point in that what kind of a message are the devs sending when they leave a kingdom like Sparta in crowning position after being actioned for cheating. I'm guessing they expected the community to do more damage while the kingdoms were suspended which is really lame imo.

Imo, they need to crack down on this stuff and not expect the community to give up their own goals to police players over things that the devs have full authority to action themselves.
    The punishment fits the crime they fake warred got deleted. You want death penalty for shop lifting? If you done the time there shouldnt be anything to stop you from winning.

Thank you Steel for the extensive elaboration.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    The punishment was real and severe. You can't blame the developers for not expecting the work of art that unfolded, the heroic resilience that only a true Spartan is able to fathom.
    You could not be more right! The lack of recognition from overcoming such devastating events, monarch deletions, suspensions, stripped of all war wins and lastly pride...

Yet the Spartans looked past these obstacles and proceeded to fight further more for a glorious win.

This is truly inspirational. It just goes to show, you can do anything you set your mind to kids!!!

#Spartanrolenmodels.
    'We bow down before no man.' - Ancient Spartans
    ~Fury of Sparta~

Thread Information