Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheated, Deleted, and Now Crown?

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon KT View Post
    Speaking as someone who has seen evidence of the dealings that led to Bart's crown this age from Mangos farming to them, I'd like to say three things:

1. Props to Beastblood for turning down the offer. You guys deserve more credit than you seem to get.
    2. Pathetic that Bart accepted.
    3. Matija, you still haven't explained to me what Spartan culture is all about, but I'm starting to get a pretty good idea :)
    Easy for you to say that when you have so many crowns. Every player in Sparta is a crown virgin and we'll take this crown no matter how it was achieved. Elitist attitudes very much so good sir :)
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by nickey View Post
    Please offer one(hypothetical) course of action for CR that would avoid getting beaten by spartans and loosing acres(total CR acres) or a way that would make CR loose less than they lost, starting from divinities dealbreak, ie wave div did before notice ran out.
    I am taking that point as starting point as community generally agrees that everything happening before that was in some way beneficial for CR.
    I'm interested in how all this makes it BB and Div's fault. Did Divinity and BB force Mango to take actions against Barcoloco?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I'm interested in how all this makes it BB and Div's fault. Did Divinity and BB force Mango to take actions against Barcoloco?
    Please don't derail, since you have strong opinions I challenged you to offer alternative course of action CR should've picked that would make outcome better.

For sake of better discussion let me clarify on few examples:
    1. Lets take example of lone big elf spartans "trimmed" hitting into its war, lesson was, as usual, "make better diplo/cfs if you want crown or you'll be power played" which implies fault fall on lone elf or their kd.
    2. Div and BB did hit CR affecting their war, hence at least they are factor in the current situation, ie spartans on the top. Taken from perspective that spartans crowning is bad, for whatever reason, then you could say its bb/div fault, or part fault.
    Last edited by nickey; 10-08-2017 at 09:15.
    Tadpole's troopers, aka RoughKnecks!
    22:31 atlas: didnt i say to not post in public forums? whats so f*cking difficult to understand about that?

I didn't derail Nickey since I didn't have opinion what you are asking. You are quoting me but bring up a totally different question.

How about not farm out? A kingdom of Mangos calibre should been able to minimize losses. seems like it was done out of spite not a unfamiliar tactic for The Mango

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I didn't derail Nickey since I didn't have opinion what you are asking. You are quoting me but bring up a totally different question.

How about not farm out? A kingdom of Mangos calibre should been able to minimize losses. seems like it was done out of spite not a unfamiliar tactic for The Mango
    I saw all the intel in CR, military wise that kd was very weak due to weeks of bouncing and razing.
    Not sending out was the only thing they could do given the situation where spartans where hitting them in war and div and bb hit from outside, while bb stopped sooner, div continued. No dwarves in CR was safe from hits and if they tried any tactic involving sending out it would be disastrous, getting at least doubled considering they had to send out 50% elites to be able to break any meaningful prov.
    CR motivation was "sitting in war with armies home opping back we are more protected than wding mintime and having 5 days more of oow eating TRAD waves from div/bb, loosing less acres". Which was true since GB was never officially concluded and threat of outside hits never stopped.

Now, bb is around for long time, div isn't from yday also, they have experience. Given the opinions of players I talked to, all 5 major kds involved knew CR will crumble and **** will hit the fan, what puzzles me is that 2 kds that had position of power made it easy for 3rd contender to rise and take prize.

What also puzzles me is if CR was so disliked by other kds enough to GB them why did they do half ass job, weaken them, make them angry but leave them enough acres to chart shape. That is where their fault is, big, huge fault. Barcoloco, Div and BB along with Sleepy and Eme could've greened the CR or at least leave them out of top50, that would be week of razing investment for all of them and after that age could resume on much fairer grounds, if everyone razes then no kd would gain advantage and it would show CR that some conventions must be followed by all kds competing.

Imo GB would have more legitimacy that way since conventions are upheld, offenders are shown that there is a line which cannot be crossed and after order is restored competing for crown can continue. Yet, even more mess resulted, no line was drawn, a lot bad blood was drawn and end result is that kd that had even more offenses than CR and worse reputation is crowning. Thats why all top kds(CR included) are sharing the blame here.
    Last edited by nickey; 10-08-2017 at 10:10.
    22:31 atlas: didnt i say to not post in public forums? whats so f*cking difficult to understand about that?

Rise and take the prize....

When CR lost by 50% rule....

CR fed them. That is not rising. That is being placed there.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post

CR fed them. That is not rising. That is being placed there.
    I can agree with that, who let them?

Something something Bart is literally hitler #razethetop #ghettorage.
    "Because of the implication"

Quote Originally Posted by nickey View Post
    I can agree with that, who let them?
    At some level that is hard to say. Generally we can say "the top" or "BB and Div". I dunno.

I know my own personal part was to stop caring as soon as it was apparent that BB was going to be locked out of any serious chance by the refusal of kingdoms to war. Under the new mechanics it does not matter if you are a good player or not. All that matters is to get people who are worse than you to war you. There is no ability to compensate for lucky wars or nub baiting because growth outside of war is strictly linear once you have outgrown available targets. The one and only exception is to arrange for feeding or to break deals to gain acres (as we learned this age).

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Two kingdoms were stripped of war wins (points and honor only?) and their monarchs were deleted for cheating and fake warring - with each other, no less.
    Both monarchs rejoined their same kingdoms, and continued to work together, along with certain idiot kingdoms at the top, to give Sparta1 a war win by hitting into war against Sparta's opponent. (The opponent then stayed in war 4 days longer than min time, to get farmed by Sparta, which has raised some speculation and suspicion). This placed Sparta in the #1 spot - not by accomplishment, but by what some call "****play".

Then, if that weren't enough, Sparta hit into a kingdom at war, to strip that unprovoked kingdom of a province crown they EARNED by warring over the round. I've heard that player is now quitting.

How does a deleted for cheating kingdom like Sparta crown? In the past, Bart would have been banned from playing the round for cheating, and that kingdom (those kingdoms) would have been banned from crowning.

Has this ever happened in Utopia before? Where a clearly cheating kingdom goes on to crown?

Cheating and fake wars are illegal, so how are they even in the running for crown at all? This makes no sense to me, in the scheme of things, or for the health of the game, retention of players, etc.
    you're having a fake war now. So one sided war. Should you be deleted too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    At some level that is hard to say. Generally we can say "the top" or "BB and Div". I dunno.

I know my own personal part was to stop caring as soon as it was apparent that BB was going to be locked out of any serious chance by the refusal of kingdoms to war. Under the new mechanics it does not matter if you are a good player or not. All that matters is to get people who are worse than you to war you. There is no ability to compensate for lucky wars or nub baiting because growth outside of war is strictly linear once you have outgrown available targets. The one and only exception is to arrange for feeding or to break deals to gain acres (as we learned this age).

Only real reason you are complaining is because your KD creates a bad environment where things which you speak of actually matter to anyone. You are playing in the wrong KD if your goal is to compete in an enjoyable manner. I'd like to say join someone else and learn how to enjoy the game again for yourself. Honestly though, I'm not sure that exists at the moment. Your best bet would be to join Sparta and just try to have fun playing the game without necessarily competing. I know you will refuse this. I'm just trying to help and not actually sure how.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

My intention at present is to random into whatever KD. I will run avian with max generals (I think that is warrior right?). I will wait until the people who annoyed me this age get into wars and I will raze them repeatedly until I have sated by desire for punishment. I assume this will mean I am killed off a bunch this coming age, which is fine. Generally, I will just work to make certain people's lives miserable whenever I feel like logging in. The only amusement left in this game is to be a griefer. So that is what I will do when I am bored.

I see no point to attempting to try teamwork.

I see no point in trying to actually build something or accomplish anything in the game in particular.

The devs have decide this will be a free for all. Very well, I will just log in to backstab and be as crappy as I possibly can.

Don't let that cynicism take over. If you want to feel anything from this game help the person left and right to you and expect nothing in return. Simple as that, I give you my word, for whatever it is worth, on this.

*screenshot everything Sheister writes and emails it all to his wife.*

Don't be so butthurt plz.

Matija,

This is what the game is now. It is a decision the devs and players have come to. I will play it this way until the mechanics change to where the game can be something else again.

Thread Information