Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheated, Deleted, and Now Crown?

Postaholic
    I'll ignore your stupid accusations, Pillz. Never did we threaten RoO with GB, but that is derailing the thread and I don't want that.

Right now, and this isn't asking for intervention, but to point out the flaws in your logic long-term - players feel they cannot compete. The player quitting worked hard for his province crown, earned by warring, and got it taken by a known cheater who was actioned and deleted. Unfortunately, our kingdom is stuck in a war with Sparta2, who has no monarch since he (Matija) abandoned to go play again in Sparta1. At what point do you say enough - the game matters more? Player retention matters more. What Bart is doing hurts the competitive spirit of the game, and we're left with - ****play wins over all. Players are told they have to manage the ****players on their own, giving up their own kingdom goals to sidetrack and "police" kingdoms already actioned and deleted. This has become ridiculous.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    The punishment fits the crime they fake warred got deleted. You want death penalty for shop lifting? If you done the time there shouldnt be anything to stop you from winning.
    I disagree.

For a war kingdom, having your wars stripped, honor lost, and monarch deleted is a death sentence because they were trying to accumulate wars. For a whore kingdom that's trying to accumulate land, having your wars stripped, honor lost and monarch deleted is like getting a $1 fine for stealing $10 dollars from people.

The punishment did nothing to deter future fake wars in the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I disagree.

For a war kingdom, having your wars stripped, honor lost, and monarch deleted is a death sentence because they were trying to accumulate wars. For a whore kingdom that's trying to accumulate land, having your wars stripped, honor lost and monarch deleted is like getting a $1 fine for stealing $10 dollars from people.

You mean losing one province with all their acres and losing honor bonuses isnt bad for whoring kds? ))

Enthusiast
    Utopia has became a joke with new Devs, granted in there defense it was kind of a joke before. But at least before this they hid the cheating and back room deals. I will give the Spartans this they are honest cheaters. They say yeah we will fake war and their isn't **** you will do about it. Yeah whining or complaining wont get you anywhere. All you can do is just quit playing the game. I am a paying customer who has spent up to 100 dollars on invites in one age. I paid for sitting for my entire kingdom for 10 ages. I will take my money and business else where. Wish everyone luck.

Director of Age Changes
    A ****play crown is still a crown.

However, I wonder if obvious double teaming and 'warring' like oop Bart vs. Matija will be punished going forward.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Bart KD lost their biggest province (the monarch).
    Two disloyal provinces as well as a result of disagreement with KD actions.

Matija KD lost the 2nd biggest province (the monarch) and the biggest province during the suspension period (due to starvation).

Both KDs had war wins stripped and were suspended for 48h from logging in. KDs were put outside war protection.

If you believe this would not deter fake wars in the top and you think anyone else besides the immortal Spartans can pull it of that's cool.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I disagree.

Too late to enact punishment retroactively. Admins followed the procedures in place for years already.

And the justice behind punishment isn't really the point here: if you want to jump down that rabbit hole where does it end? Should the rich be fined more for speeding and parking tickets than the poor? Should higher-ranked kingdoms be punished more severely for infractions just to make smaller KDs feel like the punishment is 'worth it'?

I'll ignore your stupid accusations, Pillz. Never did we threaten RoO with GB, but that is derailing the thread and I don't want that.
    Bull****.

The player quitting worked hard for his province crown, earned by warring, and got it taken by a known cheater who was actioned and deleted.
    And if Bart had not been actioned this age - would you still be crying about this? Yes, you would be. But it is a part of the game. Just like ASF's 5 many kingdom being trounced by RoO would have been a valid part of the game had ASF's friends and allies not threatened to GB his opponents.

What Bart is doing hurts the competitive spirit of the game, and we're left with - ****play wins over all.
    If you want to rag on '****-play' lets begin applying definitions or characteristics to it, shall we? For instance, I think that demanding 60k acres tax as soon as a kingdom exists EOWCF should be considered ****play (since its a powerplay and doesnt really encourage people to play the game), yet your buddies Emeriti do it every single age they are in contention for #1....

"Players are told they have to manage the ****players on their own, giving up their own kingdom goals to sidetrack and "police" kingdoms already actioned and deleted."

Considering that the entire top is guilty of various levels of **** play, maybe this time you should say they have to manage the 'cheaters' on their own, in this case. And Sparta were not cheaters post-actioning, unless Zauper & Hawk provide a statement inditing Sparta for further cheating... Your issue is that you want kingdoms to be removed from the game entirely for violating rules, which is unfeasible, and appears to be based on your incorrect and imagined memories of this happening previously - which it never did. The only KD to EVER be actioned in a manner like youre describing is OoZ which was forced to never play together again, but the breadth of their offences puts all of us to shame expect for mike who was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post

Right now, and this isn't asking for intervention, but to point out the flaws in your logic long-term - players feel they cannot compete. The player quitting worked hard for his province crown, earned by warring, and got it taken by a known cheater who was actioned and deleted. Unfortunately, our kingdom is stuck in a war with Sparta2, who has no monarch since he (Matija) abandoned to go play again in Sparta1. At what point do you say enough - the game matters more? Player retention matters more. What Bart is doing hurts the competitive spirit of the game, and we're left with - ****play wins over all. Players are told they have to manage the ****players on their own, giving up their own kingdom goals to sidetrack and "police" kingdoms already actioned and deleted. This has become ridiculous.
    Your logic is ridiculous and against everything meheul designed this game as and what ASF as Absalom made this game into imo.

This game has always been open ended where as long as you only run/log one province all other options are available to you.

There is nothing inherently against the rules with Spartan waxing someone into war.

It is a player construct that we have generally agreed upon that largely came from ASF. I happen to quite like it, but there is nothing to say it has to be that way.

And frankly, it wasn't that way in early utopia and it was a wilder game.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You mean losing one province with all their acres and losing honor bonuses isnt bad for whoring kds? ))
    Unless that province had 25k acres, I'm saying that fake warring and gaining 25k acres is a net benefit against having a province deleted and your wars stripped away.

Why wouldn't a kingdom looking to grow just arrange fake wars at this point? Just make sure the monarch isn't an important province and you're golden.

Nobody gained 25k acres in that war except maybe BeastBlood.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    How much did Sparta gain?

Replace 25k with that.

Next to nothing, a few thousand perhaps. Matija KD lost a bunch.

Unless that province had 25k acres, I'm saying that fake warring and gaining 25k acres is a net benefit against having a province deleted and your wars stripped away.

Why wouldn't a kingdom looking to grow just arrange fake wars at this point? Just make sure the monarch isn't an important province and you're golden.
    All acres are important. :/ But rules arent set, there is difference factors that taken into account.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The punishment fits the crime they fake warred got deleted. You want death penalty for shop lifting? If you done the time there shouldnt be anything to stop you from winning.
    All acres are important. :/ But rules arent set, there is difference factors that taken into account.
    Bruh... Lol

But thank you for agreeing with my argument. They either need to cater the punishment to what they seem to be trying to gain or they need to do a complete reset (land, honor, and ww's) on any kingdom found to fake warring

Judge Pam of the Fae division has always been a no tolerance judge.=P

Thread Information