Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheated, Deleted, and Now Crown?

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Bruh... Lol

But thank you for agreeing with my argument. They either need to cater the punishment to what they seem to be trying to gain or they need to do a complete reset (land, honor, and ww's) on any kingdom found to fake warring

I dont, but your previous example is dumb thinking that repeat offenders wont get punished harder if they keep repeating the crimes. You want death penalty for the first crime I dont cause i dont think people deserve to die cause they shoplift. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Bruh... Lol

But thank you for agreeing with my argument. They either need to cater the punishment to what they seem to be trying to gain or they need to do a complete reset (land, honor, and ww's) on any kingdom found to fake warring
    Except that the definition for a fake war is pretty fluid.... So the punishment can't be excessively severe for a crime that is decided to have been committed by arbitrary standards. This was the source of a lot of debate last age as MEGA and RoO and Sparta each raced to accumulate the most possible farm wars. Many in the community deemed those to be fake wars. Many also felt that Div/Barco was also a fake war...

As Korp and I covered in #tactics, fake wars can also be decided to be one-sidedly fake, as the SWEA/PewPew war was, where PewPew received the full penalties for FW but SWEA did not.

So how do you want to navigate these waters?

You have to realize the suicides happened on their own for the most part. I'm not trying to claim the war wasn't a fake one but I will claim a war pertaining much of the same actions might as well not have been fake in intent. Only way to actually really know the difference is chat logs when almost any given KD uses external chat tools.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    No player has been banned from playing the round for cheating in the 42 ages I've played. No kingdom has ever been banned from crowning. You're being a revisionist and a plainly biased one at that. Plus, read above. SWEA is your most recent example of fake war + crown.
    As to your specific 42 ages, I dunno. I seem to recall Mehul having IP banned one of the province scripting dudes back in the dark ages. Pointless though as he just proxied and kept playing.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I dont, but your previous example is dumb thinking that repeat offenders wont get punished harder if they keep repeating the crimes. You want death penalty for the first crime I dont cause i dont think people deserve to die cause they shoplift. :(
    You're right. Having your kingdom reset for fake warring is definitely the equivalent to getting the death penalty for shop lifting.

Other than that, you're telling me I get 1-2 fake wars before things actually stop returning a profit? Yay!

Is there a cool down? If I fake war my way to a crown and then leave for a couple ages and come back under a different name do I get my couple fake wars back?

Except that the definition for a fake war is pretty fluid.... So the punishment can't be excessively severe for a crime that is decided to have been committed by arbitrary standards.
    The devs can do what they want to.

If they're cool with catering to **** play and rule bending then their current path of slaps on the wrist is fine. If they'd like to actually encourage people to play by the rules then they need to do something about it and not expect the players to do it for them

Postaholic
    Mehul did not have the tools/power to IP ban anyone, he did program in that one age that Ooz could not use stay together option, due to the heavy scripting back together (3 times same age) and filling the server with 1000 upon 1000 of scripted provinces closing the game up for normal signups from the countrys being scripting, that was his real anger, loss of players/revenu. That i get.

Post Demon
    The entire top is dirty so you could not really get a clean winner anyway.

I'm reading all the accusatios and I think Bart would say that he wouldn't crown any other way or something.

The cheating was dealt with to the letter I believe, wether or not the penality should be increased is up to the owners really, but I do think it would make sense to add the penality that any kingdom who gets actioned for fake warring or otherwise gets deletions due to kingdomwide cheating should have their possibility to invite players to empty spots or abandonned provinces revoked for the remainder of the age, that way you prevent the actioned monachs from getting invited back in a few days later, and you give the kingdom a much harder time even if the deleted player eventually does find a way back into the kingdom since they can not fill out other empty spots or abandonned provinces with the players they desire. Since the rules for fake warring was written at a time when inviting was not yet implemented they could do with an update like this.

Regular
    maybe we can turn this (style?) into a pr stunt!!?

headlines:
    the game for the scum in you!
    come and backstab your closest allies, lie to everyone, bend and break the rules, cheat and treat others like dirt on your way to victory!!
    all in the mythical world of utopia!! (spoilers: gandalf dies, legolas is turned into orc, and aragorn kills all the hobbits)

might get us to 50k, who knows...
    :P

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by drakon View Post
    maybe we can turn this (style?) into a pr stunt!!?

headlines:
    the game for the scum in you!
    come and backstab your closest allies, lie to everyone, bend and break the rules, cheat and treat others like dirt on your way to victory!!
    all in the mythical world of utopia!! (spoilers: gandalf dies, legolas is turned into orc, and aragorn kills all the hobbits)

might get us to 50k, who knows...
    :P
    Seems pretty legit.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

The only KD to EVER be actioned in a manner like youre describing is OoZ which was forced to never play together again, but the breadth of their offences puts all of us to shame expect for mike who was there.
    To be fair other kingdoms had way worse offenses. The ban came off of scripting and trading which majority of people did. Kingdoms such as fratzia and others did massive x logging and as you said ingame code and never got a suspension such as that. Also the first real serious action along those line was the VAT monarchs all being deleted when their forums were given to Mehul. But that was not entire kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee311 View Post
    To be fair other kingdoms had way worse offenses. The ban came off of scripting and trading which majority of people did. Kingdoms such as fratzia and others did massive x logging and as you said ingame code and never got a suspension such as that. Also the first real serious action along those line was the VAT monarchs all being deleted when their forums were given to Mehul. But that was not entire kingdoms.
    Proxy use wasn't against the rules so xlogging rules were hard to enforce. OMAC learnt that.

Also why relatively few kds got deleted for xlogging despite all doing it

Proxy use wasn't against the rules so xlogging rules were hard to enforce. OMAC learnt that.

Also why relatively few kds got deleted for xlogging despite all doing it
    I was more stating your claim that OoZ had offenses that put most to shame is a bit outlandish. Others did mush worse than us and the stuff we did do other did as well to form their kingdoms in the form of trading. More than just Mike was scripting provinces and a lot of people were using them.

Enthusiast
    It should be noted that the opening post's kingdom also hit into the hostile that gave Bart's kd a crown. She was also part of the channel to discuss the gb.

A lesson here is if you don't want someone to win the age, you probably shouldn't help them win a major conflict late in the age.

Forum Addict
    I mean seriously what can the devs do? Delete everytime a kd farm out? Then no kd:s would exist in a nesr future. If there is someone to blame it is the community. Why didnt the top rally forces and GB sparta if they feel they cheated??? Instead all sat and watched so blame yourself and dont cry. Do something about it!

Congrats to Sparta for the crown! A crown is a crown!

And SWEA didnt cheat or we would have been GB:d. We were disliked by whole top so that would have been easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoor View Post
    I mean seriously what can the devs do? Delete everytime a kd farm out? Then no kd:s would exist in a nesr future. If there is someone to blame it is the community. Why didnt the top rally forces and GB sparta if they feel they cheated??? Instead all sat and watched so blame yourself and dont cry. Do something about it!

Congrats to Sparta for the crown! A crown is a crown!

And SWEA didnt cheat or we would have been GB:d. We were disliked by whole top so that would have been easy.
    The environment was different. What kd in that era suffered a GB after Dreams disband? Havcock because of Octo?

More pieces on the board increases the requirement on all parties that they try to play by the rules (as they set them). At this rate nobody gives a ****, Abs is back and dirtier then ever, and Bart gets away with everything because he's abs' dog.

Even this thread is probably an abs trick

After all like Irem said, Panthira helped Bart crown

Thread Information