Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheated, Deleted, and Now Crown?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansoor View Post
    I mean seriously what can the devs do? Delete everytime a kd farm out? Then no kd:s would exist in a nesr future. If there is someone to blame it is the community. Why didnt the top rally forces and GB sparta if they feel they cheated??? Instead all sat and watched so blame yourself and dont cry. Do something about it!

Congrats to Sparta for the crown! A crown is a crown!

And SWEA didnt cheat or we would have been GB:d. We were disliked by whole top so that would have been easy.
    This really isn't the point. Farmouts and **** play are one thing. Actually getting actioned by the devs for cheating is another thing.

I'm not trying to take away anything from Sparta. I'll give them a congrats when the age ends and they've officially crowned. The problem is the devs aren't deterring cheating enough, at least imo.

Regular
    The problem is not cheating but game that revolves around TMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You're right. Having your kingdom reset for fake warring is definitely the equivalent to getting the death penalty for shop lifting.

Other than that, you're telling me I get 1-2 fake wars before things actually stop returning a profit? Yay!

Is there a cool down? If I fake war my way to a crown and then leave for a couple ages and come back under a different name do I get my couple fake wars back?

The devs can do what they want to.

If they're cool with catering to **** play and rule bending then their current path of slaps on the wrist is fine. If they'd like to actually encourage people to play by the rules then they need to do something about it and not expect the players to do it for them
    Yes, you advocate harshest punishment for a minor crime.

Whats profit? Getting a province deleted is hardly any profit.

But this pretty much like your moderating you have a set of rules but you dont always moderate according to the rules you use your own judgement in a lot of cases or just simply ignore some cause you are lazy. Whats the point of having rules in the forums then if the moderators are too uselesss to enforce all the rules? If you want people to follow the rules in the forum why arent you enforcing all the rules?! ...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Are you suggesting that sometimes cheating is ok and the devs should choose to not take action? Or are you suggesting that I should definitely ban anyone that swears?

Regular
    Are you suggesting that sometimes cheating is ok and the devs should choose to not take action? Or are you suggesting that I should definitely ban anyone that swears?
    Yes you should ban everyone that swears.

No I'm saying dont the death penalty for all crimes. That's not how the real world nor Utopia works. You get a punishment fitting the crime. Obscene prov name = change of province name but I guess you think deletion is the only way.

re you saying that some people get to break the rules in the forum and others aren't? Or you just saying you are too lazy doing your job?

Post Fiend
    Whatever the punishmet is, it shouldn't be dragged out. Should be all at once, you cant just keep revisiting the same situation over and over again saying "hey, just in case you forgot about that crap you pulled before... here's a reminder... were punishing you again". When the situation occurred, i mentioned multiple times to just green us or dish out whatever punishment but to allow us to move on from it regardless as not everyone was at fault, but guilty by association which is what it is. Everyone had their opportunity to smash on Sparta when we had a kd full of suspended players for 2 days. Also, whatever was done in regards to that war was never aware to the kingdom as a whole, the majority of us were surprised and couldn't do anything but follow through with the situation we were put in, hit, op, whatever. Unfortunately, that wasn't going to matter as matijas kd was just prepared to do what they did. I mean, I wish it didn't happen and I know Bart and Matija regret pushing that button as well. Bart surely didn't want to have his province deleted either (was our largest province at the time 10k+), it was obvious after it started that it would happen, we all knew it. Even if it was 100% legit, it could never ever even pass on that despite what efforts were made as our kd was no way ready for any sort of fight. It was all pretty dumb, but were human and everyone makes mistakes.

Anyhow, those were just obstacles slowing us down in the end. Lesson learned though.
    'We bow down before no man.' - Ancient Spartans
    ~Fury of Sparta~

In this specific case though I agree that the punishment should been harder cause Bart is a repeat offender and never learns

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    A few important notes before I go to bed

1. I literally haven't advocated a single time in this thread for deletions for fake warring

2. Why is the death penalty ok for warring kingdoms but unacceptable for whoring kingdoms?

3. My entire point in this thread has been that context is important. Wiping out the war wins of warring kingdoms is a good punishment for them because they were trying to acquire war wins. Wiping out the war wins for a whoring kingdom isn't an effective punishment. It's akin to resetting a warring kingdom to 400 acres and leaving the war wins.

Regular
    Moderator should be invisible presence not a forum member who propagates owners ideas when necessary or instrument of propaganda. That is not ok. Or to allow paying users or friends of owners to post whatever they like.

A few important notes before I go to bed

1. I literally haven't advocated a single time in this thread for deletions for fake warring

2. Why is the death penalty ok for warring kingdoms but unacceptable for whoring kingdoms?

3. My entire point in this thread has been that context is important. Wiping out the war wins of warring kingdoms is a good punishment for them because they were trying to acquire war wins. Wiping out the war wins for a whoring kingdom isn't an effective punishment. It's akin to resetting a warring kingdom to 400 acres and leaving the war wins.
    Your poor grasp of the game is assuming that deletion in a whoring kingdom would have no impact on their kingdom.

But it's not just removing warwins, it's deletion, suspension and removing of warwins.

Post Demon
    I mean, its div and bbs fault that spartans is crowning, had we just been left to do our thing, it wouldn't have happened.

So this seems more like a player problem and not a dev problem ;)

Yea totally BB and divinity's fault that you guys fed Spartan acres.

Postaholic
    Speaking as someone who has seen evidence of the dealings that led to Bart's crown this age from Mangos farming to them, I'd like to say three things:

1. Props to Beastblood for turning down the offer. You guys deserve more credit than you seem to get.
    2. Pathetic that Bart accepted.
    3. Matija, you still haven't explained to me what Spartan culture is all about, but I'm starting to get a pretty good idea :)
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Yea totally BB and divinity's fault that you guys fed Spartan acres.
    Please offer one(hypothetical) course of action for CR that would avoid getting beaten by spartans and loosing acres(total CR acres) or a way that would make CR loose less than they lost, starting from divinities dealbreak, ie wave div did before notice ran out.
    I am taking that point as starting point as community generally agrees that everything happening before that was in some way beneficial for CR.
    Tadpole's troopers, aka RoughKnecks!
    22:31 atlas: didnt i say to not post in public forums? whats so f*cking difficult to understand about that?

Thread Information