Thread: Good vs Evil age

Post Fiend

Good vs Evil age

Can i just say the idea put in the starting bit of the changes for next age about an age with a grand war between good and evil that spans the whole of the server is ****en cool! Excuse my language please, but damn its awesome. I want to hear more about that, don't even know if this is the right place to put this, but i figure its just talk because its dealing with something that may occur in a later age.

Will there only be current races that are given or assumed to be a certain alignment? Or is there going to be good and evil versions of races made available? Like Dark Elves, will there be Dark Humans or w/e? And will a Kingdom Monarch need to select an alignment for the entire Kindgom before anybody can choose a race? Like if the Monarch chooses Evil alignment will the provinces in the KD only be able to choose Dark Elf, Orc, Undead, Bocan etc, and if good is chosen will the choices be only Human, Elf, Halfling, Dryad, Dwarf, etc? Will there be more races available for that one age? Like damn, i just want to hear more about that stuff....... where's Jorosar? Get on this for the next Podcast please!!!!!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'd just like to chime in that implementing the good vs evil thing with a potential war server would be unbelievably cool. Utopia's own "hoard vs alliance"

Director of Age Changes
    "Horde vs alliance" has been crap for many many years. This cliche is cringey.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

End-game boss battles

7 days before EoA zawk should spawn several 25 prov kds xlogged by themselves & the retired mods/admins to do battle with the top land & honor kingdoms.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    "Horde vs alliance" has been crap for many many years. This cliche is cringey.
    I don't wow, so sorry if it's a bit of a dated reference, but you get the idea. Give people a side to choose and fight against and they tend to go loopy for it. Splatoon 2 just finished a splatfest of Ketchup vs Mustard.

As Kingdoms are made up of multiple races/personalities historically working together, I guess a Horde vs Alliance thing within Utopia lore wouldn’t really work? But you could split them over some banal reason, which would see the opposing races face off against each other….such as:

“Whatz dis filf!” Grazgar said, flinging his bowl of stew at the cook. Luckily, today it was Bobbin the Halfling on mess duty, so it sailed over his head by a good two feet.

“It’s Stew, you know, you put potatoes in, a bit of lamb or beef. A smattering of onion, turnip…” Grazgar advanced on him and Bobbin stopped stirring the cauldron of stew he had prepared for the Kingdom’s war council, staring unflinchingly up at the seven foot Orc towering over him.

“I’ze doesn’t like it!” Grazgar growled down at Bobbin. “I want’z worms in da stew. I likez worms”

“Well, we all have to make sacrifices. I don’t like how you stick our enemies’ heads on spikes. But I don’t complain about that!” Bobbin accentuated his point by bashing his wooden ladle into the shin of Grazgar.

The room fell silent, the other war council members, each representing one of the Kingdoms races stopped to watch the interaction between the two.

Grazgar looked down slowly, which was fortunate as it gave his body time to process the feeling of the ladle striking his shin, and his mind time to think of what a suitable course of action would be. Still, it was some moments before he did anything, but he wasn’t known as Grazgar the merciful for nothing, it was one of the few reasons he had been elected to the Council. Instead of stomping on the little creature in front of him, Grazgar swiped at him, sending down a large arm as thick as a tree trunk to knock Bobbin out of the way.

Bobbin was prepared though, having considerably quicker reflexes, he side stepped and grabbed onto the arm flailing past where he had been.

Grazgar stared at the empty space, his face breaking into a toothy grin thinking he had destroyed the pesky Halfling with one swipe. He turned around for his congratulations from the others present, holding his arms aloft in triumph.

Bobbin smacked him on the head with his ladle.

“Bugger.” Dromell said, standing up to his full four feet in height and unsheathing his dwarven crafted axe. There were utterances from the others present as well; waiting to see what would happen, they began unsheathing weapons or holding semi-cast spells in place ready to strike.

“I like…..worms…..too,” Edmur the Undead wheezed through his rotten lungs.

“Diplomacy my dear friend,” Shouted Lady Singfire the Dark Elf.

“Dip..lodocus?” Grazgar mouthed to himself, unsure what she was on about. A couple of things were forefront in his mind (well, as much as the only two people in a race could be said to be ahead of the field), Grazgar liked worms and Grazgar doesn’t like being hit on the head.

He drew his other arm back and thumped Bobbin in the face, sending him flying into the air to be caught mid unconscious tumble by the Avian, Lebulus.

It was at this point the room erupted into a melee of chaos, each member of the Council siding with either Bobbin or Grazgar.

And so, the war of the Worms broke out, cascading from province to province, from Kingdom to Kingdom, as previous allies took up arms against each other (in the case of the Undead, quite literally), and took sides on whether Stew should have worms in or not.

Who will be victorious?

Needs to get out more
    We All Start at 400 Acres vs We Deserve to Start at 10 Thousand Acres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Ten thousand acres!
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Needs to get out more
    400 then!

We already got a game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information