Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Referral System Feedback

Regular
    January - Gc = Income * 1

Just wanted to share some math...

9999 income * 1 = 9999 income.
    564 income * 1 = 564 income.

Also I think the referral bonus are GARB and could promote alot of abuse attempts...

I MEAN i cant even let my GF make an account who lives with me without risk of getting banned, so much for that bringing in new blood....

Forum Addict
    You truly don't think the devs will notice when an entire kingdom suddenly refers one new player each? The complaints in this thread are a case of panicking about a landslide when you live in the desert. It's simply not probable that the sort of cheating described in these posts will get past anyone, especially on the large scale that's being described. You're worrying about something that will probably never happen just because it's possible in the game.

Veteran
    ANYTHING that give some people advantages over others is not a good system. Give credits, give no advertments for an age or w/e. DO NOT give resources. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    You truly don't think the devs will notice when an entire kingdom suddenly refers one new player each? The complaints in this thread are a case of panicking about a landslide when you live in the desert. It's simply not probable that the sort of cheating described in these posts will get past anyone, especially on the large scale that's being described. You're worrying about something that will probably never happen just because it's possible in the game.
    Do you genuinely believe they can catch 4 multi accounts that don't hit/op the same target?

Quote Originally Posted by Xursian View Post
    I MEAN i cant even let my GF make an account who lives with me without risk of getting banned, so much for that bringing in new blood....
    Your girlfriend can play even if you live together, that's not against the rules. I know many couples that play together and they never get banned. Bring her aboard with your referral code :)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberphobia View Post
    I referred a friend and invited them to my KD literally yesterday. But I now get nothing for it?

Also I strongly disagree with in game bonuses. It's too much like pay to win. Not paying but rewarding people based essentially on luck - as it's not that easy to convince friends to play. Credits and taunts and whatever are fine but no in game bonuses. The game should be about skill and strategy - an equal playing field for all.
    If your friend used your referral code, you would get credit for this.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Put the bonuses in queue until you're out of war, simple.
    I would like to do this, it may or may not occur this age! Time constraints will determine it's implementation in this manner or not
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SBWildFire View Post
    but what stops someone from going to a friends house 1-2 times a week making an account there and just checking it 1-2 times a week? where is the activity line drawn? when you reward people for making accounts with ingame buffs that opens up sooo many problems and so much insensitive to try to push those boundaries.
    The referral needs to meet activity requirements for it to be considered a successful referral. This will likely only occur from real people playing accounts.

Regular
    I can see that this will get abused.

Post Fiend
    I understand that you want to encourage new players joining, but I have would see some issues with this, as well.

I have just encountered someone beign a successful multi, cheating that is, and actively maintaining two provs at the same time. He didnt seem to get caught by IP. And I hear about kingdoms have been run by 3 people, all using proxies or whatever. All these people seems to now get a, potential, bonus, and a heffty bonus at that.

My impression, from what I hear, and have experienced, admins do not have a good enough grasp of the potential multi abuses. There are more technical workarounds then the ones suggested above about gonig to the library, I quite sure of. It means this could not be implemented wihtout giving the cheaters even more cheating bonus, as far as I understand it.

Also, to get freebies to those amounts can be close to game changers if a whole/half kingdom has em. As opponent it would be impossible to know, and silly if u lost a 2 week war cause of that. This would be a seperate issue from the one above, but they could also be one and the same.

One solution might be to significantl lower bonuses.
    ---> maybe to just allow these bonuses first week... not the whole age.
    ---> make a one time off bonus, of provinces choice, not a slight bonus all year.
    Last edited by ape; 11-08-2017 at 08:41.

i'm 100% against the in game rewards. All referral rewards should be shop items.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    If your friend used your referral code, you would get credit for this.
    Well no - I didn't give him a referral code because I invited him 12 hours or so before I saw this thread. So we just used his email address to recruit him into our KD - no referral code or anything.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Wolfie View Post
    Your girlfriend can play even if you live together, that's not against the rules. I know many couples that play together and they never get banned. Bring her aboard with your referral code :)
    are you sure? Because I have logged on with my utopia account on both my PCs already and several of the devises here, wont that flag a multi account ban or something?

Can i get a CONFRIM @DavidC? I would like to have her try the game out this age.

Quote Originally Posted by ape View Post
    I understand that you want to encourage new players joining, but I have would see some issues with this, as well.

I have just encountered someone beign a successful multi, cheating that is, and actively maintaining two provs at the same time. He didnt seem to get caught by IP. And I hear about kingdoms have been run by 3 people, all using proxies or whatever. All these people seems to now get a, potential, bonus, and a heffty bonus at that.
    Correct. As long as you don't hit/op the same targets in an obvious pattern the existing anti-cheat/multi system doesn't work.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Xursian View Post
    are you sure? Because I have logged on with my utopia account on both my PCs already and several of the devises here, wont that flag a multi account ban or something?

Can i get a CONFRIM @DavidC? I would like to have her try the game out this age.
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15185602

On topic, I agree with others that the rewards should be credits or something. If you reward players with a significant amount of in-game resources, then that's really not fair and if you reward with an insignificant amount, then who cares?
    Last edited by Palem; 11-08-2017 at 15:12.

Thread Information