Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top Tier

If a hobbit asks a question in a forest, does anyone hear?
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    If a hobbit asks a question in a forest, does anyone hear?
    does a bear **** in the woods??
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Does it count if it is in a stream that merely passes through some woods?
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

I am part of a warring kd who finish very high on the WW chart often in the past 7-8 ages. We know how to win wars but only really vs our tier. I have to admit, when we cross path with one of the top tier, we rarely win it. Someone pointed out the great prep they use to do. It always seems to me the top tier kd we face is darfted way deeper and packed with a lot more GC/runes. on day 1 and 2, you dont notice it too much, you stand your ground by good war planning and activity but on day 3-4 and so on, ishh. I also realise that in my KD, we tend to accept players with less activity as long as they login twice a day to attack while in top tier it wouldnt happen.

Overall, to make the top more competitive, we'd need a bigger player pool, thats it. Pretty sure we have several players in each warring tier KDs who could stand the activity required and know enough of this game to play up top. By increasing the player base, it'll work itself out and be more competitive.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigio View Post
    I am part of a warring kd who finish very high on the WW chart often in the past 7-8 ages. We know how to win wars but only really vs our tier. I have to admit, when we cross path with one of the top tier, we rarely win it. Someone pointed out the great prep they use to do. It always seems to me the top tier kd we face is darfted way deeper and packed with a lot more GC/runes. on day 1 and 2, you dont notice it too much, you stand your ground by good war planning and activity but on day 3-4 and so on, ishh. I also realise that in my KD, we tend to accept players with less activity as long as they login twice a day to attack while in top tier it wouldnt happen.

Overall, to make the top more competitive, we'd need a bigger player pool, thats it. Pretty sure we have several players in each warring tier KDs who could stand the activity required and know enough of this game to play up top. By increasing the player base, it'll work itself out and be more competitive.
    There are plenty players in the warring tier that are active enough and some that have the knowledge to succeed up top. The main hurdle is the hazing that goes on. Utopia's top is just like a fraternity that hazes prospects to the brink of not even wanting to play anymore. Not necessarily individual players but kingdoms that want to be part of the top.
    There are a couple of warring kingdoms and some griefers that do this also.
    What makes the top the top has a lot to do with being willing to gang up on kingdoms not wiling to conform to the rules established by a select few.
    The top's core players are active players with knowledge of the game that will follow orders, just like you would find in many warring kingdoms. The difference is the leadership.
    It has very little to do with the size of the player pool other than that a bigger pool is harder to control.

I understand what you say and believe you are totally right. However, with a utopia world at 300 KDs, at some point, merges would happen and more KDs would at least "try" to go play on top. ATM, it's the opposite, tbh, we are happy when we pack WW without too much acres because we dont want to go on your tier. IT's sad but it's the truth.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigio View Post
    I understand what you say and believe you are totally right. However, with a utopia world at 300 KDs, at some point, merges would happen and more KDs would at least "try" to go play on top. ATM, it's the opposite, tbh, we are happy when we pack WW without too much acres because we dont want to go on your tier. IT's sad but it's the truth.
    Definitely not my tier :P for above reasons. I play Utopia for fun. Making others miserable isn't my idea of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    Utopia's top is just like a fraternity that hazes prospects to the brink of not even wanting to play anymore. Not necessarily individual players but kingdoms that want to be part of the top.

Rofl!

What on earth are you talking about?

I will give you my impressions fresh at the end of this age as I am hanging in the war tier this age. Just so I can see if my skills are not up to snuff.

She just wanna spread lies about the top.

@ lilhobbit

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    it doesn't matter to most. Many players feel like, deep down, they don't belong. Just remember that Bart made it past them.
    I believe his answer was no. Never, proly not even age 1.
    The Top Cheats, DB, lies, GB, Farms, ghetto bashes, CF, xlogs, multies, alliance buddies their way to the top.
    Do you even read the forums?

Congrats to Sparta, err Beast, err whoever.
    Last edited by kendy; 16-08-2017 at 00:08. Reason: did I leave anything out?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehobbit View Post
    bruh , i asked a simple freakin question and yet again u derive in talking about u , and being a philosopher ... i just want a simple answer , not what u would do ... what things should be like , what the virtual kd stands for bla bla bla . gimmi a break homie
    You can't get ghetto on a ghetto. You see that impatience is the undoing of your diplomatic behavior?

The answer is probably yes, but it'd be hard to prove. Because you have essentially erased all crowns during trading which I agree is fair to call cheating. So what we have left are the ages that begin at the era of invites. We also have to erase bug exploits because this is apparently the tree you're barking up(?)

What I'm saying is your question is apex rhetorical. Because if it was known that a pure crown was had then we would see residual evidence in forum signatures and whoring history wall of text arguments. Like Rocky, the wannabes would paste a picture of the icon on their mirror and chase that dream. Because that's really what the best is all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Needs to get out more
    On topic, I'd love to bump into the top with a kingdom that acted the part. It's simply improbable that cool heads would prevail to allow it to happen. So I wait till a top has an age off and, this is important, lowers its anal. This is very hard for them to do because most regard the upper Magellanic cloud as a safe space.

It's a wise choice. You get to be in reach of other tops kinda forcing them to watch you while you relax. Still it requires you respect the chart shaping aspects by not being lazy and not having rogue provinces blowing up diplo. So trust sucks the life out of tops being a positive touring attraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information