Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Tier

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    @coss Well my point is many players in top kingdoms makes bad calls and have to rely on their kingdom fellors to help them out, wether it is giving relations, hitting bad targets or sending counter productive messages to people who can and will hurt them or thinking they are better than everyone else just because they play in a top kingdom.

True most would do better than average if they got tossed into the deep end and was left without either kingdom or leadership, but there is also a lot of players from these kingdoms that would be doing less good, especially if you toss them into a warring kingdom or ghetto. If they can't let go of the "I'm better than everyone else" mentality they will be running linear strategies in situations where they are bound to fail, and they are the players most likely to cause trouble for their new team.

Good individual players are the ones that can utilize the most factors of the game to their own advantage, if size and fear of retaliations is the only aspects you can utilize to your own advantage then you are only doing good when you are in such a position.
    There are bad players in top as well, you are right but what you are not right about is the ability of a top player to perform in a non-top kd. Don't forget top wars as well and it does it at a different level than the warring kds. What makes top kds win against warring kds most of the times are their players and how they understand the game. All warring kds know 1 thing only: try to keep 10-15 t/m safe while get their few attackers hit to hell. Reason why they almost never manage to get in top is because these t/ms can;t whore sh!t so as a kd they can't succeed. Top kds on the other hand know how to adapt and war in different ways not just by starting with 10 t/m and trying to keep them safe. These t/ms usually become food for the whoring kds first half of the age and the warring kds start to call the big guys bottom feeders and try to FSU. What they do not understand is that where there are gains there is no bottom feed. Same goes with the solo provinces trying to grow and that use shady methods like hit in active hostiles when top has armies out and is busy with other things. Happened to me a lot to get hit by noobs and then have them coming to the forums and complaining when they get hit down after the conflict was done.

basically the top kingdoms are very active and they cheat a lot. If you are not also very active and very good at cheating then one cannot compete. i ran some very active kingdoms but we were never as good at cheating as some so we had mixed results. i was considering returning for an age or two but it is a uneven playing field with some of the advantages achieved by the better cheaters. hats off to these "players" but i have much better things to do. Thanks for the invitation to rejoin but i will have to pass.

and just screw Bishop.
    ?We may not pay Satan reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talent?

Mark Twain quotes (American Humorist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by coss View Post
    There are bad players in top as well, you are right but what you are not right about is the ability of a top player to perform in a non-top kd.
    Its not absolute true. What make TOP kds TOP is leaders. When they leave KD most from time its turn to just another ghetto. I can give many examples but will limit it to BB after flogger left :)

About players, i have see good/TOP players doing terrible in ghetto mode play. For example Mango/Octo/Lennox (yes PB leader) and other. From other side i have see Maclean (another top PB leader) Goodly and other doing very good in ghetto mode play. So you cant generalize all good players do well in ghetto mode play.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Forum Addict
    Since the game has been dumbed down generally be it warring or non warring, being a core attacker is the same you just have to be very active and be good at following orders. Of course the good provinces will go into war the most prepped, with a few hundred gc per acre spare, with the most optimal stats.

Now the whoring aspect is relatively experience in knowing who to hit and what to hit without getting yourself or the whole damn kd into trouble. There are tons of decent players who fail common sense when hitting and literally have to be spoon fed. If you are a decently good player you can whore back fast without getting your kd into trouble.

Next level players would be people who can econ manage themselves to perfection these guys should be your T/Ms because they generally get the max value out of their build changes and stats.

The break and fails generally are on the leaders in what makes a really good top kd. Their early strats, war strats and prep strats + diplo. Diplo is the worse part of the game, it used to be a lot easier with abs and non abs kds now it's just utterly retarded from what i hear.

In my last 2 ages top leading trying to revive HoH with 20+ new players, it was utterly tiring training a bunch of newbies to whore and weeding out the utter newbies. Still with good planning I think we reached no.1 for a period, but top leading is such a time consuming task that no top leader has survived a run of multiple ages.

So in summary being a top kd player isn't that difficult, you just need some experience and guidance. A top kd leader however that's probably a rarer pool of players and the reason why there are so few top kds left. If you have 20+ good experienced players and 3-4 co-leads to take some burden of you ideally you shouldn't need to spend so much time building things from scratch but even these pool of experienced players and co leads are diminishing in the game.
    Last edited by tak3shi; 13-08-2017 at 20:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Its not absolute true. What make TOP kds TOP is leaders. When they leave KD most from time its turn to just another ghetto. I can give many examples but will limit it to BB after flogger left :)
    Won crown last age
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Won crown last age
    Its not win, not real one.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    Its not win, not real one.
    In this era of play it is.

Enthusiast
    In this era of play it is.
    Not any era. That u think it is seems to indicate u have otthe issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Not any era. That u think it is seems to indicate u have otthe issues...
    Having the most acres of those that did not openly cheat is the crown winner. The previous age the winners only got it because their friend intentionally farmed out 50% of his kd's acres while another kd held the #1 kd in war. That is the era we are in. You denying that makes you complicit and part of the problem, so I'd say you have the issues mate.

Enthusiast
    There was also an era where alliance-wide blocking and fakewarring was allowed, should all those be annulled too ?
    The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must

Dementia - Old School - BeastBlood - BlameMod

Scribe
    apparently for some people all that is still allowed, as is x-logging and multi accounts

Having the most acres of those that did not openly cheat is the crown winner. The previous age the winners only got it because their friend intentionally farmed out 50% of his kd's acres while another kd held the #1 kd in war. That is the era we are in. You denying that makes you complicit and part of the problem, so I'd say you have the issues mate.
    Oh my we obviously have a love hate relationship. More love tho. <3
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

Regular
    Was it ever a kd crowned without having an alliance backup , friends to farm , or cheat ? Just simple straight up warring , growing and having no affiliation to any shady stuff ?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehobbit View Post
    Was it ever a kd crowned without having an alliance backup , friends to farm , or cheat ? Just simple straight up warring , growing and having no affiliation to any shady stuff ?
    Think about the fact that it doesn't matter to most. I'm not saying that to depress anyone, it's a matter of unnecessary victim mentality.

For instance, I'm(there's that "me" again) happiest when free. It has nothing to do with caliber of competition. I can't imagine belonging to a kingdom that diplos it's way around and deals it's way to crowns. It's not that it's wrong, I simply have no interest in that. As accomplished as top kingdoms are and the leap in knowledge it would grant the likes of me, it's not interesting in its practice. I'd sure like to see the framework.

Many players feel like, deep down, they don't belong. So they draw comparisons and we have silly arguments. But really, for me, if it's organized and has not yet met my ideals it's not something I value. It's not a question of intellect it's a matter if I'm going to stick myself in a mold, I'd better like it.

The mold they gravitate toward is full of mechanical wonders, I'm sure, but it's deals and diplo that cement their fate. Think about that. My hope for a better top is purely for them. Just remember that Bart made it past them. Despite the rhetoric that means something because I've seen Bart in war. Respectfully, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    bruh , i asked a simple freakin question and yet again u derive in talking about u , and being a philosopher ... i just want a simple answer , not what u would do ... what things should be like , what the virtual kd stands for bla bla bla . gimmi a break homie

Thread Information