Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the age 72 winners!

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    lol! I meant it with affection!

Plus I think you could clean up the mud pit with her.... just sayin....

Dude, I totally could. I was raised in the LBC, yo! Plus maybe a white t-shirt and no bra might be fun for a show, eh? ;)
    (No kids allowed)

Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    Dude, I totally could. I was raised in the LBC, yo! Plus maybe a white t-shirt and no bra might be fun for a show, eh? ;)
    (No kids allowed)
    HAHA!

Wait Wait! Jello with everclear in it! Just for the added fun!
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Scribe
    This isn't about Panthira. It's about principle.

If the game is not based on rules that apply equally to all then something is broken and it needs to be fixed. Otherwise it is not worth playing.

also:
    People should really read the rules of games they are playing. At least fly over them on occasion or at the latest when an update is announced.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    not if it is disallowed and not without parental consent. Your word isn't legal consent, nor is a chat with a game dev.
    I'm willing to bet that it would hold up in court if they kept a copy.

Anyway, I'm not even sure what this argument is even about. Are planning on filing a complaint to get MUGA sued for COPPA infringements? Are you trying to argue that a mother giving her son permission to play is creating an unfair playing environment?

Leave it to utopia to go loopy for not letting cheaters prosper lol

Edit for ninja post:
    What rules aren't being applied to everyone? Are you being denied permission for your son to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    This isn't about Panthira. It's about principle.
    The principle that Parents are not empowered to make decisions about the rearing of their children?

Please quit while you are behind.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

Anyway, I'm not even sure what this argument is even about. Are planning on filing a complaint to get MUGA sued for COPPA infringements? Are you trying to argue that a mother giving her son permission to play is creating an unfair playing environment?

Edit for ninja post:
    What rules aren't being applied to everyone? Are you being denied permission for your son to play?
    This Site is offered and made available only to users thirteen (13) years of age or older. If you are not yet 13 years of age, please discontinue using the Site immediately. If you are found to be underage, your account may be terminated without notice.
    The rules don't give any room for parental consent. Her son isn't allowed to play whether she allows it or not, according to the rules. According to what was posted by Panthira, it is within the rights of websites to bar entry without leaving room for parental consent, as well, so the rules aren't in contradiction to the law discussed. Here is a link to the rules: http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...s#Terms_of_Use

EDIT: Forgot to finish my post!

So according to the rules, Panthira's son is in violation of the Terms of Use (which means he's cheating), and apparently Panthira received special permission for this (favoritism?), and as there has been no amendment since she got 'permission' for her son to play, and there are no forum posts or entries in the wiki about how to circumvent this clause in the Terms of Use, obviously the rules do apply to everybody but Panthira and her son. Which means they're not being applied equally to everybody.
    Last edited by Pillz; 12-08-2017 at 21:36.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    But thats warring kd uses as argument as well, they dont want to get out of their comfort zone so they talk bunch of **** instead.If warring kds think whoring kds are just bunch of glorified explorers its easy to prove them wrong just grow and crush them but that rarely happens. Especially by the most vocal warring tier people.
    And this is the logic the whoring tier uses to prop themselves up and justify all the shenanigans that have happened recently.

Again, its for the warring tier to grow instead of the whoring tier to drop.
    Last edited by stealth4785; 12-08-2017 at 21:40.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

Edit for ninja post:
    IF rule breaking results in removal from rankings as per Jeff, then it should apply to all people/kingdoms that broke the rules.

This has nothing to do with me personally at all. Somehow it seems hard to understand someone could stand up for something even if it doesn't benefit them directly.
    The only reason the underage rule came up was because it was the most obvious and easy to show rule infraction and she wouldn't stop. I tried not to use her example. There are others that cheat quite obviously in various ways.
    Of course I am not going to take anyone to court, but maybe this prevents somebody else seeking legal action at some time in the future. It is possible that rules have been made less restrictive recently concerning underage children and that a chat conversation would hold up in court, but I wouldn't take my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    The rules don't give any room for parental consent. Her son isn't allowed to play whether she allows it or not, according to the rules. According to what was posted by Panthira, it is within the rights of websites to bar entry without leaving room for parental consent, as well, so the rules aren't in contradiction to the law discussed. Here is a link to the rules: http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...s#Terms_of_Use

EDIT: Forgot to finish my post!

So according to the rules, Panthira's son is in violation of the Terms of Use (which means he's cheating), and apparently Panthira received special permission for this (favoritism?), and as there has been no amendment since she got 'permission' for her son to play, and there are no forum posts or entries in the wiki about how to circumvent this clause in the Terms of Use, obviously the rules do apply to everybody but Panthira and her son. Which means they're not being applied equally to everybody.
    You know, there are so few bright line rules in life. Consider all the small compromises we make every day. Do you want a speeding ticket every time you go 31 when the road grading changes in a stretch of road with a 30 MPH speed limit?

One of my favorites is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxPgia7-QRg

Quote Originally Posted by stealth4785 View Post
    And this is the logic the whoring tier uses to prop themselves up and justify all the shenanigans that have happened recently.

Again, its for the warring tier to grow instead of the whoring tier to drop.
    The game is about growing. You're supposed to grow. Why should the top handicap themselves to fight for kds that can't grow?

At least in the 30s there was an excuse to stay small, there were lots of kds of equal skill at those sizes. Some even could beat top kds and did. So top kds would take ages to war and honor crown.

Now there are no 'war' kds that can beat top kds (least not without funding) and there are all of like, 4 decent ones? Why would top kds slow down to, Essentially, pick at leftovers

You know, there are so few bright line rules in life. Consider all the small compromises we make every day. Do you want a speeding ticket every time you go 31 when the road grading changes in a stretch of road with a 30 MPH speed limit?

One of my favorites is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxPgia7-QRg
    So at what point is the line drawn? Because judging by the wars we've seen the age, only 1 was actioned and at least 3 others qualified for the same treatment to some degree.

Now it's okay to violate terms of use just because why not?

But when the admins decide to implement new rules at eoa to reward their friends with crowns and **** on players that put in the time to outplay everyone, it's ok?

Enthusiast
    /me hands Bananamancer2000 popcorn,

SHHHH! Don't distract them. It might get good!
    They're circling alright, who makes the first jump?

So at what point is the line drawn? Because judging by the wars we've seen the age, only 1 was actioned and at least 3 others qualified for the same treatment to some degree.

Now it's okay to violate terms of use just because why not?

But when the admins decide to implement new rules at eoa to reward their friends with crowns and **** on players that put in the time to outplay everyone, it's ok?
    There is no line, there is a region in which the judge or other responsible party makes a decision. The world is grey.

There is no line, there is a region in which the judge or other responsible party makes a decision. The world is grey.
    So the rules are enforced arbitrarily and punishments are decided on a whim.

That shouldn't be how the game is run.

So the rules are enforced arbitrarily and punishments are decided on a whim.

That shouldn't be how the game is run.
    No they are not arbitrary. There is a difference between arbitrary and a lack of bright line rules. The law is rife with factors to be considered and how those factors meliorate for one outcome or the other. There are few rules in law that are bright line. There are few rules in sport that are bright line.

Consider in soccer that the decision on whether to allow play to continue in the presence of a foul is at the sole discretion of the official's split second evaluation of the advantage to the parties. Consider when a level of stick contact becomes slashing in hockey. Not every contact with a stick is slashing. The list goes on and on across sports, law, and almost every other element of society. There are judgment calls made every day. When a Cop is sitting on the side of the road and lights you up with his radar gun and does not instantly chase you for a ticket, they have made a judgment call, the letter of the law notwithstanding.

Grow up and accept reality.

Thread Information