Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the age 72 winners!

Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    Goodwitch, I don't understand your anger here, your spite, your attempts to hurt or embarrass my Queen. Most people.would bite their tongue before time after time bringing up someone else's kid. You are out of line, stfu. Your advice is not worth taking, your arguments not worth following, and your words not worth reading.

He's a good example to use to compare to an uninvolved uto player. Someone who doesn't have knowledge of the politics and meta. When explaining the effects of how this game tends to be played makes little sense or is unappealing to a kid, it makes little sense and it.is unappealing to new players.

Ps, it's true, we take a lot of inspiration for our cores from Shai, undead especially.
    Then why are you replying to her?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Then why are you replying to her?
    It's an addiction, I'm a liar to myself really. Can I trust you.to handle her? When you two talk I can ignore.you both.

On topic, congrats BB :p

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    Goodwitch, I don't understand your anger here, your spite, your attempts to hurt or embarrass my Queen. Most people.would bite their tongue before time after time bringing up someone else's kid. You are out of line, stfu. Your advice is not worth taking, your arguments not worth following, and your words not worth reading.

He's a good example to use to compare to an uninvolved uto player. Someone who doesn't have knowledge of the politics and meta. When explaining the effects of how this game tends to be played makes little sense or is unappealing to a kid, it makes little sense and it.is unappealing to new players.

Ps, it's true, we take a lot of inspiration for our cores from Shai, undead especially.
    check my posts. Not once did I accuse the kid of any wrong doings or cheating. Panthira is his mother and as such responsible.
    I moved on to a different subject and your queen came rolling in here accusing me of collaborating with bart and steel lol
    The only two constantly talking about the kid are you and pan.

I'll be more than happy exploring the reason why BB wasn't interested in at least attempting to take the crown. After also being the one to refuse to raze their acres gained from a policing action. Which if I remember correctly had a prior agreement attached to raze gained acres. And after getting war ready for the divinity war which divinity declined.

Though I find someone thats so keen and interested in following the rules as Goodwitch is is constantly breaking the forum rules. :))

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    . The deal crumbled because Astron from BB refused to also raze their acres off. Correct me if I got this wrong please.
    Astron did not play in BB last age.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    So. To you it is all measured on single conflicts. But the game is majority played outside of conflicts. Thus, it is the kingdom and province management outside of conflict that is actually the most important part of the game. This is just as it is in all competitions. Basketball, soccer, football, etc. all of these games are more about what happens off the ball than on it.

I think you just need to open your eyes a bit.

Put it another way. You want to ignore over half the game to get to your true test.

We like to play the whole game.

Call us when you want to play utopia instead of checkers.
    Actually, I don't think you get what I was trying to say. The true measure of success here is putting two or more kingdoms on equal footing, setting a goal and trying to achieve that goal - whatever that goal may be.

Removing every or almost every variable allows for a true test of skill, either on a province level or a kingdom level.

Note, I never specifically said one versus one conflict is the only measure of success in my example; in fact I left it pretty open ended - I believe I even said whether its warring or an age of growth.

For example, let's take Sparta and BB and give them each the same twenty-five race and personality combinations and agree that land charts is how you want to measure success. Now its how well Sparta's twenty five plays against BBs twenty five over the course of the age. Toss in another stipulation - no CFs and you'll get a measure of skill and talent.

Utopia is about province management and teamwork. The game is how you get there - the reason why threads like these exist.

Enthusiast
    I thought he spoke for the whole kd. Damn that's quite a trick to speak for the kd and not play.

Quote Originally Posted by stealth4785 View Post
    Actually, I don't think you get what I was trying to say. The true measure of success here is putting two or more kingdoms on equal footing, setting a goal and trying to achieve that goal - whatever that goal may be.

Removing every or almost every variable allows for a true test of skill, either on a province level or a kingdom level.

Note, I never specifically said one versus one conflict is the only measure of success in my example; in fact I left it pretty open ended - I believe I even said whether its warring or an age of growth.

For example, let's take Sparta and BB and give them each the same twenty-five race and personality combinations and agree that land charts is how you want to measure success. Now its how well Sparta's twenty five plays against BBs twenty five over the course of the age. Toss in another stipulation - no CFs and you'll get a measure of skill and talent.

Utopia is about province management and teamwork. The game is how you get there - the reason why threads like these exist.
    No. You don't understand the game. Everyone is on equal footing. Then freeze time ends and people start to compete. Some kingdoms suck at prep and making hits and fall behind. That is why you make no sense. You ignore most of the game to have a fantasy in which you have a chance to compete because you can't accept that you can't hang.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Scribe

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    [12:49 PM, 8/2/2017]*U Coss:*Astron
    [12:49 PM, 8/2/2017]*U Coss:*Just droo the land with div
    [12:49 PM, 8/2/2017]*U Coss:*And then we all raze bart.s share
    [12:50 PM, 8/2/2017]*U Coss:*What.s with all the talking and excuses
    [12:50 PM, 8/2/2017]*U Coss:*U don.t want to drop? Fine
    [12:50 PM, 8/2/2017]*U Coss:*But don.t ask others to fo it
    [12:50 PM, 8/2/2017]*Han:*i aint dropping the acres now and i aint asking for anything
    [12:51 PM, 8/2/2017]*Han:*why are we even invited to this grp chat for
    [12:51 PM, 8/2/2017]*Han:*to piss each other off ?[/I]
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    2017-07-26, 3:35 AM - ‪Mod‬: my council went inactive long ago in this age ��. nesta is pro for razing off and stop bothering with this age. is there any talk at all going on with CR?
    2017-07-26, 3:36 AM - Bart: not really
    2017-07-26, 3:36 AM - Bart: but u don't need a council to make decisions?
    2017-07-26, 3:36 AM - Bart: simply remove those that are inactive until you have only active conucil members
    2017-07-26, 3:36 AM - Bart: :D
    2017-07-26, 3:36 AM - ‪Mod‬: we germans dont do dictatorship anymore since we got policed for it in the 1940ies
    2017-07-26, 3:36 AM - Bart: :P
    2017-07-26, 3:36 AM - Bart: I know at least 1 of ur council members is active enough
    2017-07-26, 3:36 AM - Bart: to make these decisions
    2017-07-26, 3:36 AM - Bart: even if Nesta isn't
    2017-07-26, 3:36 AM - ‪Mod‬: astron?
    2017-07-26, 3:37 AM - Bart: possibly!
    2017-07-26, 3:37 AM - ‪Mod‬: ya my hope as well :P
    He may have not played in BB but apparently he was in the council and was carrying some weight.

If your best counter to the things I questioned is that astron wasn't playing in BB this age then that speaks volumes.

Volumes of what? You mean because people talk that therefore they are associated?

OK, so Binar played in BB too.

And Bart played in BB.

And so did half of active utopia....

Shai apparently advised an 11 year old kid in panthira's KD. Does shai now have responsibility for all strategies in panthira's KD?

In short, quite while you are behind as I said earlier.

Post Fiend
    No. You don't understand the game. Everyone is on equal footing. Then freeze time ends and people start to compete. Some kingdoms suck at prep and making hits and fall behind. That is why you make no sense. You ignore most of the game to have a fantasy in which you have a chance to compete because you can't accept that you can't hang.
    I never stated I cared to compete or wish to compete. I said that the greatest achievement would be a level playing field, identical set ups, identical relations, then competing for a specific goal. I'm sorry you either don't or choose not to understand what I'm trying to explain.

Edit: Same start time, same freeze time, does not constitute equal footing. If two people run a race, one is a professional athlete, one is a child, just because they start at the same time does not mean they are on equal footing.
    Last edited by stealth4785; 13-08-2017 at 15:44. Reason: Explanation for the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by stealth4785 View Post
    I never stated I cared to compete or wish to compete. I said that the greatest achievement would be a level playing field, identical set ups, identical relations, then competing for a specific goal. I'm sorry you either don't or choose not to understand what I'm trying to explain.

Edit: Same start time, same freeze time, does not constitute equal footing. If two people run a race, one is a professional athlete, one is a child, just because they start at the same time does not mean they are on equal footing.
    You are whining that people can't compete on an equal footing, but they are at the start. Then they separate according to their skill.

You want the game to force mechanics so that more skilled people are held back.

Go read Harrison Bergeron

http://www.tnellen.com/cybereng/harrison.html

Post Fiend
    You are whining that people can't compete on an equal footing, but they are at the start. Then they separate according to their skill.

Maybe we should have 2 land crown rankings; one where jefft can give the crown to his selected winner/friend, and then a real ranking in which the kingdom with the most land at the end of the age wins.

So BB wins the first crown and Spartans wins the second.

This seems fair. Everyone happy.

If they are different skills they arent really on equal footing are they? .. Its absurd to believe just cause everyone starts at 400 acres they are all on equal footing.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    If they are different skills they arent really on equal footing are they? .. Its absurd to believe just cause everyone starts at 400 acres they are all on equal footing.

No, in a competition all start at the same point and are separated by skill. Stop falling prey to the same mistakes of that other guy.... whatever his nick is.

Would you agree that in a race against Bolt, everyone starts at the starting line? Or should everyone else start 50 meters ahead of him in a 100 meter race? Or should Mr. Bolt have to run the race carrying a 100lb weight?

Thread Information