Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the age 72 winners!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    So the admins waited almost 1 month to announce a rule change, immediately before EoA, that allowed them to delete a player & his kingdom from the charts after achieving #1 Land/NW, after already actioning them for their rule violation.

And it happens that all 4 admins have bad blood with the monarch in question and the KD that ended up being gifted the Crown by this rule change is a former home to 1 of the owners.

And to defend their half-assed move, this is BB's owner-friends response to justify the last second decision to delete Spartans from the charts and replace them with BB for #1:

What a pathetic joke.
    Anyone can be removed at anytime it seems like going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    @JeffT the issue with your approach is it prevented true competition for what could have been a legitimate crown. At this point in the age, the kd you actioned had an insurmountable advantage (short of GB by everyone but not enough time to make things fair after and enable competition) so everyone else gave up. Had these intentions been known, there would have been actual competition for the #2 spot knowing it would turn into the #1 spot. Hence there was no real winner. I think better communication is needed.

Additionally, you guys shouldn't really count on the server to action cheaters that's hardly ever works. Best if the admins do it and let everyone else enjoy the game than being removed from their goals to police people. It's up the admins to ensure integrity is upheld rather than self policing as such policing has always been hypocritical and for selfish gain.

When proper punishment happens too late, players are tuned out and already give up on the age. The harm has already been done in spite of the outcome and this age has been wasted for those who actually competed for land / NW rankings.
    Its pretty hard to GB a kingdom 20% larger than the next one while it has war protection and ~350g elites.
    And I think Jeff said that time limitations prevented them from doing the punishments right at the time, forcing them to just do it now.

It's actually pretty funny lol

Postaholic
    Im a huge fan of removing cheaters from the charts, this is the very best way of "policing" the game, tho i think if a kingdom get an infraction a msg should be send to the kingdom so they can jump ship if they like, but i gusse you just know now, if you had any admin visit in the age you will not chart, so where is the line ?, i mean 3-4 people getting deleted ?, is that really the fault of the kingdom if a few guys cheat, again i think a simple msg is all it takes.

Good work on this Hawk and Zauper, its the correct and clever step forward.

Regular
    Sparta still crowned anyway. Whoever who got placed on the top after Sparta got deleted, is no other then #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibornibor View Post
    Sparta still crowned anyway. Whoever who got placed on the top after Sparta got deleted, is no other then #2.
    Why do you like cheating so much, is it cause you are bad player and need to cheat to achieve anything in Utopia?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Why do you like cheating so much, is it cause you are bad player and need to cheat to achieve anything in Utopia?
    I honestly have no idea what your talking about.

I commend the devs. They showed bawls. They are in charge.
    Not some whiny cheaters who thought it was too late. Simple lesson to be learned here. Cheat and be dealt with. I wouldnt want a crown if my KD mates cheated to get it. It would be meaningless and empty.
    I gave you f.magic in there!......Magic? You just p$$d on a gypsy in the middle of f.nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasp View Post
    Dont want to sound too much of a lawyer but the implementation of new punishments cant be retroactively applied to previously commited actions. Allow me to explain with a simple example. Say that I killed someone and I got punished for 25 years and then a new law is approved that punishes murders for 30 years.... the justice simple cant go back and punish me for 30. Thats a basic justice principal of non-retroactivity of criminal punishment. There is only one exception and that is if they new law benefits the criminal.
    No disagreement here. A fundamental question is if it was retroative in fact or merely unannounced (if it makes a difference).

Going back to this case, lets assume that bart cheated (which I disagree but lets assume it)... the guide or the rulebook doenst say u get deleted from the rankings. Thats a new punishment that is trying to retroactively punish an offense. It isnt just in any justice system.
    There I am not so certain. I am aware of jurisdictions where judges have been criticized for some "exotic" punishments (for example, wearing shaming shirts, etc.) that are not on the books but have been upheld. So I don't think the novel nature of the punishment necessarily disqualifies it.

But anywayzzzzz, at the end of the day, Bart won and the qqing admins cant stop that. GG till next age
    I guess that is one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is that he cheated and did not win. All depends. For example, in many sporting events you don't get disqualified until the end.

Think about olympic speed walking. You are allowed a certain number of fouls, but you complete the race. You cross the finish line first, but ultimately are removed from rankings at the end and your time is not recorded.

Swimming. If a member of a relay team takes off early, the race proceeds to the end and disqualification happens at the end.

So if we view utopia more like a race, this is perfectly consistent.

OTOH, if we view this like a hocky game, you don't call slashing in the third period for an infraction in the first period.

So. Is utopia hockey? Or is it a race?

The devs seem to be saying it is a race.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasp View Post
    oh... and 25000usd is nothing. thats like my budget for drinking and parties this year. meh...
    I don't know what the purchase price is, nor is that the point. When was the last time you advanced one of your utopia buds 25K?
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Veteran
    i m not playimg in sparta but the new owners are biased by giving their bumboys the crown. The game has sunk to an all time low.
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

Quote Originally Posted by Humanoize View Post
    i m not playimg in sparta but the new owners are biased by giving their bumboys the crown. The game has sunk to an all time low.
    I can assure you I have never given anyone anal play.

Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    Its pretty hard to GB a kingdom 20% larger than the next one while it has war protection and ~350g elites.
    And I think Jeff said that time limitations prevented them from doing the punishments right at the time, forcing them to just do it now.

It's actually pretty funny lol
    It's totally funny guys!
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

yes, that is why I point out that the changes in mechanics made all of this happen given the environment of the utopia community.

Funny how it works.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

The "how" is what I find most sad actually.

Thread Information