Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the age 72 winners!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    This game has turned to ****.

Letting a cheater take a race crown because the admins, aware of the cheating for ages, never took action because nobody brought it up until after EoA.
    cheat·er
    noun

1.a person who acts dishonestly in order to gain an advantage.

What advantage did he gain? Perhaps no wasting his time in drama and forums. His actions were never dishonest, Panthira approached Bishop to let him play, nothing about him was hidden or lied about.

Cheater? Not at all. The kingdom is proud of him, and as a monarch his accomplishment is also my own. Probably the one I am proudest of.

Edit. The game turned to ****? Your example of this is because an 11 year old "cheater" won? Perhaps the skill of people like you is just that low. Undead was very low in representation, our kd had 2 undead to start, we loved the ones we had and started more.
    Last edited by Bananamancer2000; 13-08-2017 at 04:21.

Scribe
    I am not personally affected by these decisions because I don't cheat. I have repeatedly turned down shady deals from several of these upstanding Utopians.

My sincere hope is that none of you ever find yourself in a situation where someone is biased against you.
    Ignorance is bliss. carry on

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    The rules don't give any room for parental consent. Her son isn't allowed to play whether she allows it or not, according to the rules. According to what was posted by Panthira, it is within the rights of websites to bar entry without leaving room for parental consent, as well, so the rules aren't in contradiction to the law discussed. Here is a link to the rules: http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...s#Terms_of_Use

EDIT: Forgot to finish my post!

So according to the rules, Panthira's son is in violation of the Terms of Use (which means he's cheating), and apparently Panthira received special permission for this (favoritism?), and as there has been no amendment since she got 'permission' for her son to play, and there are no forum posts or entries in the wiki about how to circumvent this clause in the Terms of Use, obviously the rules do apply to everybody but Panthira and her son. Which means they're not being applied equally to everybody.
    Those rules are set as a CYA, where no personal information or birthdays are remembered. Even if playing in a KD where someone's son/daughter was playing in, who, would remember that when dealing with a new entity. No birth dates are entered when creating a new account, which means the system is not even trying to dissuade someone under 13 from playing, let alone feed the information to the owners. It also says that for violating the rule you MAY have your account deleted not MUST be deleted.

The rules also say: Fair & Honorable Play
    The operators of the game aim to maintain the highest standards of ethics within the game. Any instance of inappropriate language, manipulation of bugs, or acts of deception/fraud can result in immediate removal from the game. We rely on our users to help us enforce these rules and provide an enjoyable gaming environment for users of all ages and backgrounds.

Are you suggesting that any instance of inappropriate language must also result in immediate removal from the game and rankings? I'm sure the owners could run through the forums and remove half the game population.

Post Fiend
    Additionally, unless someone under the age of 13 was banned/deleted/removed from rankings there is no proof to state that the rule is not being applied equally to everyone.

Comparing the age rule, to a fake war rule is like comparing 2 different infractions and wanting the same punishment.

IE: littering $250 fine, vs murder jail/death penalty. Or should we imprison/kill off litter bugs

Needs to get out more
    The alternative to what happened is Bart and the devs secretly agreed to this outcome.

What outcome?

The predictable. That the forum bark is louder than the bite. If players who thought Sparta shouldn't crown actually bounce waved Sparta then they wouldn't have been in the drivers seat very long.

But they didn't.

Because of this common frailty in resolve, the devs stepped in like a good ref to stop the fight. Sparta proved a disappointing fact: they gave the base every reason to try and stop them and none even tried.

It's not your fight. I know. It wasn't mine either. But if you were complaining and asking for a gb you have to throw the first punch. Otherwise your another sheep lamenting the loss. What they say about lions: they don't care about the opinions of sheep. - Well porcupines don't care about the opinion of lions. Yes, there's a third way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    The alternative to what happened is Bart and the devs secretly agreed to this outcome.

What outcome?

The predictable. That the forum bark is louder than the bite. If players who thought Sparta shouldn't crown actually bounce waved Sparta then they wouldn't have been in the drivers seat very long.

But they didn't.

Because of this common frailty in resolve, the devs stepped in like a good ref to stop the fight. Sparta proved a disappointing fact: they gave the base every reason to try and stop them and none even tried.

It's not your fight. I know. It wasn't mine either. But if you were complaining and asking for a gb you have to throw the first punch. Otherwise your another sheep lamenting the loss. What they say about lions: they don't care about the opinions of sheep. - Well porcupines don't care about the opinion of lions. Yes, there's a third way.
    I think you.may be mechanically incorrect. The strength of the bordem Strat, 300 dpa and max hosps... The sheer quantity of kingdoms required to make a tiny dent. Without the support of div+BB, it'd be untenable. We're talking many kingdoms giving up their last week of play, leaving themselves vulnerable, giving up goals and.fun... for what Sparta would want anyways. They would disrupt the whole game through lies and foul play. Let's not forget Bart promised a dozen times over to raze off his acres, not that anyone with sense believed him. But by the time it was.made clear, there was no time to action him.

Some ages are the victim of mechanics. Dwarf Strat made untouchable eye gouging turtles a thing. A few ages ago unlimited wiz production and -66% loss humans made it impossible for anyone to fight.up NW.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    I think you.may be mechanically incorrect. The strength of the bordem Strat, 300 dpa and max hosps... The sheer quantity of kingdoms required to make a tiny dent. Without the support of div+BB, it'd be untenable. We're talking many kingdoms giving up their last week of play, leaving themselves vulnerable, giving up goals and.fun... for what Sparta would want anyways. They would disrupt the whole game through lies and foul play. Let's not forget Bart promised a dozen times over to raze off his acres, not that anyone with sense believed him. But by the time it was.made clear, there was no time to action him.

Some ages are the victim of mechanics. Dwarf Strat made untouchable eye gouging turtles a thing. A few ages ago unlimited wiz production and -66% loss humans made it impossible for anyone to fight.up NW.
    so ask yourself why Divinity and BB didn't support actioning, or better yet ask them. You would think that the second place kingdom would have the most to gain from a GB.
    Also, this was brought up in a different thread already, Bart ,coss and divinity offered to raze off the acres gained from policing. The deal crumbled because Astron from BB refused to also raze their acres off. Correct me if I got this wrong please.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    so ask yourself why Divinity and BB didn't support actioning, or better yet ask them. You would think that the second place kingdom would have the most to gain from a GB.
    Also, this was brought up in a different thread already, Bart ,coss and divinity offered to raze off the acres gained from policing. The deal crumbled because Astron from BB refused to also raze their acres off. Correct me if I got this wrong please.
    I wasn't involved. But without those two making a deal, there was no chance of anything getting off the ground. They seemed intent to ignore Bart and do their thing, so it didn't matter.

Postaholic
    It's interesting that Bart accused me of cheating out of nowhere on IRC last night, and today Mirana and Steel are all over it. Backroom Bart dealings...? I think so.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    I wasn't involved. But without those two making a deal, there was no chance of anything getting off the ground. They seemed intent to ignore Bart and do their thing, so it didn't matter.
    kind of strange though, right? I mean, here they have half the server up in arms ready to back them in a policing GB on the first place kingdom which would legitimately make them first place and they aren't interested. Even after Divinity clearly stated they wouldn't war BB.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    kind of strange though, right? I mean, here they have half the server up in arms ready to back them in a policing GB on the first place kingdom which would legitimately make them first place and they aren't interested. Even after Divinity clearly stated they wouldn't war BB.
    But not half.the server. While I hate Bart and Matija, while Panthira does, while we are co-monarchy... The kingdom wasn't interested, our council was not willing. Many have grudges, but convincing 25 to go along? Or to jeopardize your comrades on personal vendetta?

The server is small, many are one spout of bs away from quitting, now's not the time for grand acts.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    It's interesting that Bart accused me of cheating out of nowhere on IRC last night, and today Mirana and Steel are all over it. Backroom Bart dealings...? I think so.
    lol you are funny. remember who warned you about dealing with Bart when you were so in love with everything he was doing? And me collaborating with steel? If I didn't value my integrity so much I'd be tempted to disagree with everything both of them say or do. But unlike others I don't do that regardless of if I like or dislike a person.

Maybe it has something to do with David posting the update of the ToS yesterday and you crying about your 11 year old being frustrated by being hit(trust me I get the frustration but I would rather bite my tongue off than to use my child for sympathy).
    And one of the very first lines in the ToS was the one about the age restrictions. The one that was changed again after I brought it up. Let's assume because it needed updating and not that it was done to cater to your situation.

So as banana states you couldn't convince your own kingdom to unite against Spartans?..oh wait you said Bart, cause you and banana hate Bart and Matija. Not that that is important in any way.

Postaholic
    Kid was excited to see his ranking, Smiles. It's no surprise tho since he learned UD play from Shai. :)
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post
    The entirety of my interactions with Bart can be seen on these forums and in #tactics logs, since I stopped diploing with him for RoO in age 69.

I also make it a point to try to not even read Mirana's posts because they are usually so devoid of thought, but in this case the thread was too pertinent to my interests, since I disagree with the actions taken by the administrators as well as the manner in which they undertook them.

I dislike Bart and Spartans, but I'm not going to bandwagon just because he got ****ed out of a crown. In fact I don't care that it is Bart, or rather I wish it hadn't been, but that's how the cookie crumbled.

Now how the ToS happened to be updated... that could be an interesting story.

Enthusiast
    Goodwitch, I don't understand your anger here, your spite, your attempts to hurt or embarrass my Queen. Most people.would bite their tongue before time after time bringing up someone else's kid. You are out of line, stfu. Your advice is not worth taking, your arguments not worth following, and your words not worth reading.

He's a good example to use to compare to an uninvolved uto player. Someone who doesn't have knowledge of the politics and meta. When explaining the effects of how this game tends to be played makes little sense or is unappealing to a kid, it makes little sense and it.is unappealing to new players.

Ps, it's true, we take a lot of inspiration for our cores from Shai, undead especially.

Thread Information