Thread: Congratulations to the age 72 winners!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cRs View Post
    I agree 100% with actioning kds for cheating what I dont get it is why allowing them to use the resources made by cheating till eoa. Not speaking only about sparta this age.. in general. We had one more example few ages ago with fluffy(i think) who won 3-4 fake wars and the only action was deleting theyr war history... leaving them untouched on all theyr resources gained trough those wars (land/honor/sci...) mid age. Thats why I dont understand ur way of dealing with this and find it pretty unfair to the others.. u get caught cheating, u get deleted.. u cheat as a player in ur kd, u get deleted/reseted allone, u cheat as a kd, u get reseted/deleted as a kd.
    The other example you're using is before our time, so I can't really comment on it. This is the first time we've actioned a FW since we took over.

Here's the thing -- in a closed system, deleting provinces remove resources that other kingdoms could acquire, and shapes the chart. You're in a system where Sparta was, let's say, #4 land after the FW (~equivalent of #5 currently). The action we did take (deleting provinces, removing WW bonus, suspending them) removed any immediate gains they received -- they exited the FW smaller than they entered it. In an ideal world (and we plan to in the future; we couldn't here due to time constraints) we would also remove gains from any province that gained acres in the war itself. At that point, where they haven't profited from it, easier to let the age play out and remove them from rankings at the end rather than directly shape kingdoms capacity to interact with each other up front. Maybe it's better to delete them at the time as well, but either way you do it, it's going to effect how the rest of the age plays out.

My personal preference, would not be to delete the 3-5 players in both kingdoms who reported it as a fake war as punishing them doesn't seem appropriate -- instead they had the opportunity to leave the kingdom/defect their provinces if they wanted to keep their achievements to date -- and then punish the kingdom at the end of the age, and that's part of why we made a conscious decision to go down this path instead of deleting the 50 provinces.

Why was this change in policy not stated earlier in the age? Or was it? Or was this purely reactionary because Sparta won? Legitimately asking these questions, cause I do not know.
    We had never formally announced any policy relating to cheating, as we had never had to deal with more than the constant creation spam of folks getting deleted for multiing.

Like I said they have no clue what they are doing. They are just winging it as they go. rules don't matter and neither do punishments as they can just change it up at any moment. I'm more offended at the lack of professionalism when running a "business". They were sure willing to accept money from said players, but couldn't even give them enough respect to say hey, this is what's happening... so if you don't want to waste your time and money for the next month or two, this is the situation.
    Don't cheat, and you don't have to worry about wasting your time.
    Last edited by JeffT; 11-08-2017 at 14:25.

Thread Information