Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the age 72 winners!

It is the "why" that pains me.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

While I can't say I'm particularly proud of crowning this way, it is what it is. Feels empty though.

On the other hand, deleting cheaters from the chart is the best damn thing that's happened in a long time. If you get actioned you shouldn't crown, period. In the long run, good for the integrity of the game.
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Post Fiend
    Im pretty confused here... Enforcing fair and honorable play... is it honorable to 2vs1 a kingdom? What is the line in the sand to not cross here? please tell me forever it wont just be gut reactions ... is the new standard now this?

i find it pretty funny all the people coming in here to say My kingdom never does this!!! you guys all collude... you guys interact with each other in shady ways on platforms outside of utopia and you all know whos dirty... Watch out... never know whos next on a whim

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RollinHammer View Post
    Im pretty confused here... Enforcing fair and honorable play... is it honorable to 2vs1 a kingdom? What is the line in the sand to not cross here? please tell me forever it wont just be gut reactions ... is the new standard now this?

i find it pretty funny all the people coming in here to say My kingdom never does this!!! you guys all collude... you guys interact with each other in shady ways on platforms outside of utopia and you all know whos dirty... Watch out... never know whos next on a whim
    I certainly don't and my kingdom certainly doesn't. Just these drama queens at the top.

Don't loop in everybody to your nonsense comment.

I am not sure any commenter in this thread is saying they are pure. I maybe missed the post of our resident saints, but I am pretty sure no one is posting that RollinHammer.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Needs to get out more
    I'm not pure, I simply take measures to curtail my ability to be impure.

We charted around 150 something: where purity begins :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    So ****ing funny.

Sparta will continue claiming they crowned, because 'we don't need a game history to show us we were top - we KNOW we ended top, therefore it's a crown in our eyes'. Everyone else will claim Spartans didn't win a crown because it can't be found in the history charts. Doesn't really matter either way.

But to everyone whining about this being unfair - get a grip. You cheat, you get disqualified. I have no problems with that. You push the rules very vocally, very publicly, encouraging the devs to attack you so you can make a point to the rest of the community, and then you get actioned for it - such justice.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Post Demon
    Certainly surprised by this but not against it, I hope this will be the consistent treatment of all kingdomwide cheating from here on, sending some strong signals to any would be cheater.

To bad you did not find out who was behind the kingdom 1:1 Mark of the Beast or you could have removed whoever setup that farm kingdom as well from the charts, would have proven to all the non believers that this was indeed about punishing cheaters and not about punishing Bart.

Congratulations to whoever ran the province pringels time, I'm not sure if your kingdom would have messed with me had it looked like I would take 1 in land for dryad, but in the end I got rammed for days by some random dude + his two 1 million nw kd fellors that could not take the way I chose to retaliate his hits, and I could not give you a decent race for 1.

Also congratulations to Noobs, the ww/honor crown is the only major one without controversy this time arround, and engaging several of your closest rivals for this crown is definally the best way to crown. Hoping that you might get a chance to compete on even footing with Barcoloco next age if they get their team togeter again, that would be one heck of a war I'm sure.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    So ****ing funny.

Sparta will continue claiming they crowned, because 'we don't need a game history to show us we were top - we KNOW we ended top, therefore it's a crown in our eyes'. Everyone else will claim Spartans didn't win a crown because it can't be found in the history charts. Doesn't really matter either way.

But to everyone whining about this being unfair - get a grip. You cheat, you get disqualified. I have no problems with that. You push the rules very vocally, very publicly, encouraging the devs to attack you so you can make a point to the rest of the community, and then you get actioned for it - such justice.
    What happened Josh.... Last I heard you were still on awesome terms with Bart lol <3
    The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must

Dementia - Old School - BeastBlood - BlameMod

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by astron View Post
    What happened Josh.... Last I heard you were still on awesome terms with Bart lol <3
    Haha I am able to separate liking Bart as a person with finding Spartans' playstyle these last few weeks disgusting ;) congrats on your crown, Astron! I was, and I'm sure many other ghetto-mons were, really disappointed to not see a battle of the beasts between CR and BB, and then again between Div and BB. THOSE would have been worthy crown-battles.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    So the admins waited almost 1 month to announce a rule change, immediately before EoA, that allowed them to delete a player & his kingdom from the charts after achieving #1 Land/NW, after already actioning them for their rule violation.

And it happens that all 4 admins have bad blood with the monarch in question and the KD that ended up being gifted the Crown by this rule change is a former home to 1 of the owners.

And to defend their half-assed move, this is BB's owner-friends response to justify the last second decision to delete Spartans from the charts and replace them with BB for #1:

What a pathetic joke.
    We all know you hate BB for some reason (lol), but thinking it has anything to do with BB is hilarious lol (and you know it). Pretty sure nobody in BB cares about this "crown" either. Whoever wins, it'd be tainted and a tainted one isn't worth having let alone something to brag about.

Fwiw, they stripped Armstrong of his Tour de France titles years after he won them due to cheating. A month isn't that long?

Veteran
    Its different, they found out he cheated way after his career. The devs already actioned it and to stay in sport terms "once a ref gives a yellow card, the ref commision cannot suspend the player since an action had already been taken."
    My former contribution to a kingdom known by many names
    [ Palindromes - Stuck inside my head - Dinner is Served - Doom & Bloom Seed Co. - Foxtonomy - First Impressions ]

=^..^= SPGC !! =^..^=
    It is I the Three Musketeers, Alpacahontas, Appetitical ManiaC, Twerk it Harder Make it Better

"\*.Pyromaniacs.*/"

Veteran
    FWIW, I believe cheating is likely the natural disposition of strong competitors. Those people with that drive to win will ALWAYS look to win, and will not see their actions as wrong - because their actions lead to successfully achieving their goals, which is therefore an immediate justification of said actions. It is harder to NOT cheat than it is to cheat imo. There are very few KDs who consistently play to a particular, say, 'moral' standard in the game, and that's partly because a) there is no universal standard, which means there is always criticism of different actions; b) because cheating is easy and rewarding; and c) because when you see your goals slipping away, people often make a desperate gamble that often pays off.

Commit the crime - fine, whatever. But sack up and be willing to accept your punishment if you do get caught. Own your cheating. Don't sneak around in the shadows, cheating and ****ing around, and then whine when you suffer consequences for those actions. In sport, athletes convicted of doping have their titles stripped long after the fact. I'm fine with that. Others may not be. Doesn't matter what we think. Devs make the rules here.

My Raging Clue

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    We all know you hate BB for some reason (lol), but thinking it has anything to do with BB is hilarious lol (and you know it). Pretty sure nobody in BB cares about this "crown" either. Whoever wins, it'd be tainted and a tainted one isn't worth having let alone something to brag about.

Fwiw, they stripped Armstrong of his Tour de France titles years after he won them due to cheating. A month isn't that long?
    There is a silver lining for BB though.

After all of the trash talking that Sparta did about Prot being washed up and never accomplishing anything after Bart started playing.....and then BB crowns via Spartans removal lol

Quote Originally Posted by munk View Post
    $ ./manage.py dumprankings
    Starting Django application wol
    What is the age number? 72
    Exclude any kingdoms? (Format: 1:2,1:1) 2:2,1:19
    ('Excluding', <Kingdom: Sparta Honors Jonas>, '2', '2')
    ('Excluding', <Kingdom: Spartans Crown>, '1', '19')
    Rankings have been output into file: age_72.tar.gz.
    Beautiful mic drop moment. It's like making them watch, so great.

Praise be to the overlords and their sweet sweet justice.

Don't cheat kids.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Thread Information