Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the age 72 winners!

Regular
    Will the butt hurt ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Humanoize View Post
    Its different, they found out he cheated way after his career. The devs already actioned it and to stay in sport terms "once a ref gives a yellow card, the ref commision cannot suspend the player since an action had already been taken."
    Is utopia a race or is it a football match?

Decide.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Dev have to stated cleary the term earlier, not after punishment only write the term as they like. Also, did dev told mat/bart they will get "remove the rank" when they get the 1st punishment?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaSiuBao View Post
    Dev have to stated cleary the term earlier, not after punishment only write the term as they like. Also, did dev told mat/bart they will get "remove the rank" when they get the 1st punishment?
    Bartija didn't get warning, but supposedly BB did get warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post

Decide.
    24hr lemans
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ChaSiuBao View Post
    Agree. Telling community that devs implement that rule after age ended doesn't looks good on the devs. I know it is a game but it has to be handle professionally. Should have just ban after that war with 1.19 so the course of the age is not affected. Monarch deleted, War cancelled and war records lifted, already 3 punishment there during the event. Might as well just delete whole kd instead of monarch which result CR war never happen, Sparta didn't even make chart and these conversation here never happen.
    "Some People Die at 25 and aren't buried until 75"

-Benjamin Franklin-

R.I.P JONAS

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaon View Post
    Agree. Telling community that devs implement that rule after age ended doesn't looks good on the devs. I know it is a game but it has to be handle professionally. Should have just ban after that war with 1.19 so the course of the age is not affected. Monarch deleted, War cancelled and war records lifted, already 3 punishment there during the event. Might as well just delete whole kd instead of monarch which result CR war never happen, Sparta didn't even make chart and these conversation here never happen.
    This probably should have been announced when the initial punishments were handed out.

I don't really have much of a gripe with the general idea that cheaters shouldn't be given the chance to win, but it could have been handled better.

That being said, I think we all kinda get what's deserved. This age was such a ****storm that really no one deserved to win. Now we have 2 kds who "won" with asterisks next to their wins. BB isn't trollish enough to act like they won ****, and Sparta has been stricken from the records.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    The other example you're using is before our time, so I can't really comment on it. This is the first time we've actioned a FW since we took over.

Here's the thing -- in a closed system, deleting provinces remove resources that other kingdoms could acquire, and shapes the chart. You're in a system where Sparta was, let's say, #4 land after the FW (~equivalent of #5 currently). The action we did take (deleting provinces, removing WW bonus, suspending them) removed any immediate gains they received -- they exited the FW smaller than they entered it. In an ideal world (and we plan to in the future; we couldn't here due to time constraints) we would also remove gains from any province that gained acres in the war itself. At that point, where they haven't profited from it, easier to let the age play out and remove them from rankings at the end rather than directly shape kingdoms capacity to interact with each other up front. Maybe it's better to delete them at the time as well, but either way you do it, it's going to effect how the rest of the age plays out.

My personal preference, would not be to delete the 3-5 players in both kingdoms who reported it as a fake war as punishing them doesn't seem appropriate -- instead they had the opportunity to leave the kingdom/defect their provinces if they wanted to keep their achievements to date -- and then punish the kingdom at the end of the age, and that's part of why we made a conscious decision to go down this path instead of deleting the 50 provinces.

We had never formally announced any policy relating to cheating, as we had never had to deal with more than the constant creation spam of folks getting deleted for multiing.

Don't cheat, and you don't have to worry about wasting your time.
    I think most people are fine with the deletion of cheaters - just not the timing of this. Actioning in age is better than doing it right at the end of age. In future I think it will be a lot more palatable if this sort of thing is done out in the open and not in the dark of EOA>
    "Because of the implication"

Quote Originally Posted by sexual harassment panda View Post
    This probably should have been announced when the initial punishments were handed out.

I don't really have much of a gripe with the general idea that cheaters shouldn't be given the chance to win, but it could have been handled better.

That being said, I think we all kinda get what's deserved. This age was such a ****storm that really no one deserved to win. Now we have 2 kds who "won" with asterisks next to their wins. BB isn't trollish enough to act like they won ****, and Sparta has been stricken from the records.
    Correct. It should have been announced publicly at start of age (or at the latest when the Monarchs were deleted).

Post Demon
    Actually, the devs dint owe you ****.

If you cheat, repeatedly, you arent owed advance explanation of anything.

If you never cheat, and don't fall in line and play with known repetitive cheaters like bartx you wont get punished. It's that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    Actually, the devs dint owe you ****.

If you cheat, repeatedly, you arent owed advance explanation of anything.

If you never cheat, and don't fall in line and play with known repetitive cheaters like bartx you wont get punished. It's that easy.
    I don't play with Sparta but the idea they'll withhold information from players that don't cheat about their intentions until after EOA is going to drive away non-cheating players quite effectively.

Its a fundamental breach of trust and I won't spend another dollar on this game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEndures View Post
    I don't play with Sparta but the idea they'll withhold information from players that don't cheat about their intentions until after EOA is going to drive away non-cheating players quite effectively.

Its a fundamental breach of trust and I won't spend another dollar on this game lol.
    If your kingdom cheats, you are reaping the rewards of cheating. Cheating isn't awarded. If your kingdom cheats and you want to chart, leave your kingdom. Pretty simple.

I'm not worried in the slightest because I don't cheat or play with cheaters. If you're worried maybe you should find better company.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    blame Abs imo
    ^ Absolutely.

Regular
    BeastBloodomon should also be removed from charts. I would delete all his accounts.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post

Decide.
    For you it is a rat race.

Thread Information