Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the age 72 winners!

Director of Age Changes
    It's not arbitrary. Thinking about it, Sparta basically got shadowbanned.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    Dear Korp, it is you that doesn't understand. Maybe some day you will, or maybe not.
    I simply proved you wrong. Never once did I claim this was a complete list, nor did I make any judgement on the punishment and if it was deserved or not in that post. In earlier posts you will find that I very much agree with the severity of the punishment for breaking the code of conduct. But that is not my concern. My concern is making arbitrary, biased rulings and enforcing them. Biased not because I claim to know if devs like or dislike the culprits but because not everyone breaking the rules is treated the same way.
    I am not the one claiming that rules and punishments are the same thing. They enforced the rules consistently and you didnt agree with that cause of them expanding on a punishment.

If you have examples where rules werent enforced consistently you are free to show some examples. Your issue is that you seem to think that you know everything in Utopia.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    It's not arbitrary. Thinking about it, Sparta basically got shadowbanned.
    Legally the devs did nothing wrong. They can in fact decide anything and everything at any given time.
    It is arbitrary when only some rule breakers are being held accountable and when only some get called out on it publicly.

I know for a fact that some of the devs have knowledge of rule breaks and are doing nothing about it and are definitely not posting it in the forum. That is their legal right. I don't have to agree with or like it though. And being legal does not make it less arbitrary.

arbitrary - based on random choice or personal whim, contingent solely on one's discretion

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I am not the one claiming that rules and punishments are the same thing. They enforced the rules consistently and you didnt agree with that cause of them expanding on a punishment.

If you have examples where rules werent enforced consistently you are free to show some examples. Your issue is that you seem to think that you know everything in Utopia.
    what I claim and what you think I claimed are two totally different things. For starters...unless this whole punishment was caused solely by a war between 2:2 and 1:19, it is painfully obvious that enforcing the rules isn't done consistently. See any other kingdoms on this list?

Quote Originally Posted by munk View Post
    $ ./manage.py dumprankings
    Starting Django application wol
    What is the age number? 72
    Exclude any kingdoms? (Format: 1:2,1:1) 2:2,1:19
    ('Excluding', <Kingdom: Sparta Honors Jonas>, '2', '2')
    ('Excluding', <Kingdom: Spartans Crown>, '1', '19')
    Rankings have been output into file: age_72.tar.gz.
    Last edited by Goodwitch; 12-08-2017 at 18:18.

Legally the devs did nothing wrong. They can in fact decide anything and everything at any given time.
    It is arbitrary when only some rule breakers are being held accountable and when only some get called out on it publicly.

I know for a fact that some of the devs have knowledge of rule breaks and are doing nothing about it and are definitely not posting it in the forum. That is their legal right. I don't have to agree with or like it though. And being legal does not make it less arbitrary.

arbitrary - based on random choice or personal whim, contingent solely on one's discretion

what I claim and what you think I claimed are two totally different things. For starters...unless this whole punishment was caused solely by a war between 2:2 and 1:19, it is painfully obvious that enforcing the rules isn't done consistently. See any other kingdoms on this list?
    Thats your proof? lul.

Scribe
    Thats your proof? lul.
    It's enough.
    Who wants to play a game where the same rules don't apply to everyone?
    The only way to fix this somewhat is to enforce that rule for at least this whole age for all players. They said , break the rules and be removed from rankings. Do it! They publicly named kingdoms that broke the rules, list the rest of them also.
    If that is not what they meant, clarify what they meant.

Postaholic
    Yo, 1:19 fake warred at the end.

Let me give you a recent example from school. I've been getting decent grades. Very decent in fact. Recently I completed a project with no errors at all, and added some things. It made the professor suspicious, and based on the way I named my files, he made a determination I must be cheating. 2 other students had cheated and they named their files the same way, but I had no knowledge of them, and the prof had never stated the way I was naming files was wrong, so I had no idea. However, he did accuse me of cheating, to which I pulled out emails of me helping his students, showing I knew the work.

Should he have arbitrarily removed me from the class for cheating, as all the evidence he saw pointed that way? Or perhaps make a decision on a case-by-case basis?
    FTR, he waited till nearly the end of term to remove them from the class and report them, even though the cheating took place throughout the semester. This is a university with a strict no-cheating policy, and even they would not agree with your position.
    I don't believe the devs did this arbitrarily, but rather with caution as evidence mounted and a final decision was made between the 4 of them.

It's enough.
    Who wants to play a game where the same rules don't apply to everyone?
    The only way to fix this somewhat is to enforce that rule for at least this whole age for all players. They said , break the rules and be removed from rankings. Do it! They publicly named kingdoms that broke the rules, list the rest of them also.
    If that is not what they meant, clarify what they meant.
    You mean cause you havent seen it doesnt exist. Thats interesting. Could you list all kingdoms that did cheat last age and show what and where they are in the charts? That seems the best way to disprove every nonebeliever like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthira View Post

Let me give you a recent example from school. I've been getting decent grades. Very decent in fact. Recently I completed a project with no errors at all, and added some things. It made the professor suspicious, and based on the way I named my files, he made a determination I must be cheating. 2 other students had cheated and they named their files the same way, but I had no knowledge of them, and the prof had never stated the way I was naming files was wrong, so I had no idea. However, he did accuse me of cheating, to which I pulled out emails of me helping his students, showing I knew the work.

Should he have arbitrarily removed me from the class for cheating, as all the evidence he saw pointed that way? Or perhaps make a decision on a case-by-case basis?
    FTR, he waited till nearly the end of term to remove them from the class and report them, even though the cheating took place throughout the semester. This is a university with a strict no-cheating policy, and even they would not agree with your position.
    I don't believe the devs did this arbitrarily, but rather with caution as evidence mounted and a final decision was made between the 4 of them.
    Locking a kd in war is no a fake war. The Devs must have reached the same conclusion since 1:19 didn't have their war record changed after your war was forcibly ended.

Lots of kds have locked other kds in war before. The first time it was ever 'actioned' that I recall was NinjAs vs. LLD in age 40 I think, and in that case fake wars were perfectly legitimate. Both kds were removed from war and that was it.

If it were against the rules to lock a kd in war there would be no mechanic to auto end wars after 7 days, but which there is, the explicit message of that being that nobody is obligated to wd.

Scribe
    You mean cause you havent seen it doesnt exist. Thats interesting. Could you list all kingdoms that did cheat last age and show what and where they are in the charts? That seems the best way to disprove every nonebeliever like me.
    no, of course I don't have the whole list of rule breakers. I don't have access to that information. See below for one for starters though.

Did you get deleted or removed from the rankings? Did anyone in your kingdom get deleted or removed from rankings?
    The difference in your example of arbitrarily removing you or not is not the same thing. You did not cheat and you showed proof that you didn't. Not removing them from the class immediately makes him an ass of a prof, which you would agree with, had he indeed arbitrarily removed you from the class. Matter of fact letting you know he thought you cheated and not the other two at the same time was unfair. Maybe he should read his ethics code again.
    But back to the cheating, deletions , breaking rules and removal from rankings...you know you broke the rules and the devs know you broke the rules. Matter of fact you do it loudly and openly.
    What makes you more special than other players?

Postaholic

Did you get deleted or removed from the rankings? Did anyone in your kingdom get deleted or removed from rankings?
    The difference in your example of arbitrarily removing you or not is not the same thing. You did not cheat and you showed proof that you didn't. Not removing them from the class immediately makes him an ass of a prof, which you would agree with, had he indeed arbitrarily removed you from the class. Matter of fact letting you know he thought you cheated and not the other two at the same time was unfair. Maybe he should read his ethics code again.
    But back to the cheating, deletions , breaking rules and removal from rankings...you know you broke the rules and the devs know you broke the rules. Matter of fact you do it loudly and openly.
    You are assuming he didn't speak to them, but I really have no idea what went down with those students. It isn't my business to run the University nor to enforce their codes of conduct. I did my part, and it is what it is.

As far as calling me a rule breaker and a cheater: I have no words for you. I have no idea what rules you think I broke.
    You'd be very wrong about being treated special. In fact, I got slapped on the hand for trying to even approach one of the devs, so please, get over yourself. This is ridiculous pandering for attention from you, GW.

What rules? Just curious. I had my own issues with the kd not really with Pan herself but i don't recall any cheating. One thing i have noticed the last couple ages since coming back is a lot of you seem to just talk crap that doesn't exist just to start crap.

Scribe
    You are assuming he didn't speak to them, but I really have no idea what went down with those students. It isn't my business to run the University nor to enforce their codes of conduct. I did my part, and it is what it is.

As far as calling me a rule breaker and a cheater: I have no words for you. I have no idea what rules you think I broke.
    You'd be very wrong about being treated special. In fact, I got slapped on the hand for trying to even approach one of the devs, so please, get over yourself. This is ridiculous pandering for attention from you, GW.
    okay let's start with the more iffy one of the rule breaks...In the past a fake war was a war with an agreed ending or an agreed upon goal between the two warring kingdoms. Last age people were congratulated and thanked for keeping someone stuck in war even. A few ages back(yes, I know , different owners and all) we were stuck in a war where the other kingdom didn't hit back. We were told to just keep warring and get double nw or withdraw. Only if we stop hitting as well would it be considered a fake war.
    There were cases of kingdoms offering an early stop of hits, still the information was the same, that it is only a fake war if both parties agree.
    If this is considered a fake war then your kingdom should be removed also.
    Sure they can say they changed their opinion of what a fake war is. Though I think you'll find quite a few that would not consider your war with 1:19 a fake war. Steel for example is one of them.

But you are also consistently breaking the one rule that is not dependent on the dev's opinion. It is the only rule that they are actually legally bound to enforce. Your whole kingdom has full knowledge of it. Most of Utopia knows about it because you bring it up all the time. They may not know it's against the rules though.

This Site is offered and made available only to users thirteen (13) years of age or older. If you are not yet 13 years of age, please discontinue using the Site immediately. If you are found to be underage, your account may be terminated without notice.

of course they could add a parental consent clause and get you to sign a waiver and keep that on file. But that doesn't change the fact that you indeed were breaking the rules last age. Breaking the rules=cheating.

next time you want to call someone out for wanting attention, choose yourself.

also from the official rules:
    You are encouraged to report any violation of these rules.

LOL

Wow

Postaholic
    okay let's start with the more iffy one of the rule breaks...In the past a fake war was a war with an agreed ending or an agreed upon goal between the two warring kingdoms. Last age people were congratulated and thanked for keeping someone stuck in war even. A few ages back(yes, I know , different owners and all) we were stuck in a war where the other kingdom didn't hit back. We were told to just keep warring and get double nw or withdraw. Only if we stop hitting as well would it be considered a fake war.
    There were cases of kingdoms offering an early stop of hits, still the information was the same, that it is only a fake war if both parties agree.
    If this is considered a fake war then your kingdom should be removed also.
    Sure they can say they changed their opinion of what a fake war is. Though I think you'll find quite a few that would not consider your war with 1:19 a fake war. Steel for example is one of them.

But you are also consistently breaking the one rule that is not dependent on the dev's opinion. It is the only rule that they are actually legally bound to enforce. Your whole kingdom has full knowledge of it. Most of Utopia knows about it because you bring it up all the time. They may not know it's against the rules though.

This Site is offered and made available only to users thirteen (13) years of age or older. If you are not yet 13 years of age, please discontinue using the Site immediately. If you are found to be underage, your account may be terminated without notice.

of course they could add a parental consent clause and get you to sign a waiver and keep that on file. But that doesn't change the fact that you indeed were breaking the rules last age. Breaking the rules=cheating.

next time you want to call someone out for wanting attention, choose yourself.

also from the official rules:
    You are encouraged to report any violation of these rules.

HAHA! You are really reaching! If you must know, I contacted Bishop about my son to make sure it was ok for him to play, and he left it up to my discretion. That rule is a leftover from Mehul days.

The war was fake, but we did not know it was fake, nor did we stop hitting or attacking, and the moment THEY posted it was a fake war on their end, we let the devs know, because we won't be in fake wars. We were willing to take the punishment they saw fit, and did. Not everything is public knowledge in Utopia. Reach some more, Mirana.
    That's the last time I will defend myself or my kingdom to you, since you lost all credibility with me.

HAHA! You are really reaching! If you must know, I contacted Bishop about my son to make sure it was ok for him to play, and he left it up to my discretion. That rule is a leftover from Mehul days.

The war was fake, but we did not know it was fake, nor did we stop hitting or attacking, and the moment THEY posted it was a fake war on their end, we let the devs know, because we won't be in fake wars. We were willing to take the punishment they saw fit, and did. Not everything is public knowledge in Utopia. Reach some more, Mirana.
    That's the last time I will defend myself or my kingdom to you, since you lost all credibility with me.
    What's it matter when the rule is from? Should we begin ignoring all rules not crafted personally by the new admins?

Why is that rule still up if the admins don't intend to enforce it consistently, or at all?

Seems to be that all the rules in Utopia are enforced arbitrarily...

Thread Information