Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
No they are not arbitrary. There is a difference between arbitrary and a lack of bright line rules. The law is rife with factors to be considered and how those factors meliorate for one outcome or the other. There are few rules in law that are bright line. There are few rules in sport that are bright line.

Consider in soccer that the decision on whether to allow play to continue in the presence of a foul is at the sole discretion of the official's split second evaluation of the advantage to the parties. Consider when a level of stick contact becomes slashing in hockey. Not every contact with a stick is slashing. The list goes on and on across sports, law, and almost every other element of society. There are judgment calls made every day. When a Cop is sitting on the side of the road and lights you up with his radar gun and does not instantly chase you for a ticket, they have made a judgment call, the letter of the law notwithstanding.

Grow up and accept reality.
I think you should probably step back and consider the implications of this thread and the admins recent actions.

Because my post was spot on and you're drying to make arguments out of smoke. Either the rules are enforced or not. Either punishments are universal or they're not.

I, for one, have always advocated that Utopia should be a free for all. If we're going to have rules I believe they should be well defined and consistently enforced.

Starting with removing Panthiras kd from ranking for age 72