Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the age 72 winners!

Quote Originally Posted by absalomon_GO View Post
    For you it is a rat race.
    Not anymore.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Needs to get out more
    I'm in agreement with the devs for this particular act of cruelty. It was suppose to hurt.

Many of us have that barrier in ourselves that rises when we feel the sting of guilt. In defending things that are right we must cross that barrier time to time. Some might think this too serious a response to a non serious matter, but it's in all walks of life.

The resolve of some players is beyond reproach. We could name them off, but suffice to say I'm one of them. This is why I restrict myself. Those that crash into the game, question the mechanics through expressions of misery, and doggedly pursue players to quit are a known quantity. They ruin kingdoms, they push the naive away and drive the game to extinction.

Somebody has to be a nurse. Behold the ailing game and ask yourself behaviorally if you're gangrene. This has strategies like chess, but it is not chess. This game requires developers and we have a couple who stepped up.

While I like Bart I get what he is about. I enjoy warring Bart, always from disadvantage. I doubt he's crying over this. The devs simply met Barts posture with an appropriate response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    Hey all,

Thank you Thunder, looking forward to going a round against you next age!

I think you all need to stop whining about some explorers crown, the only one that truly matters is the war crown and I welcome you all to stop your exploring games and war us on even ground next age.
    That said, Devs, if someone cheats, just delete the KD / drop them to 400 acres and protection mode (reset)? It's a tad lame/weird to re-sanction once the age ends. It gave me one heck of a laugh though.

Always bet on the Duck.
    Regards,

NighT

Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    Hey all,

Thank you Thunder, looking forward to going a round against you next age!

I think you all need to stop whining about some explorers crown, the only one that truly matters is the war crown and I welcome you all to stop your exploring games and war us on even ground next age.
    That said, Devs, if someone cheats, just delete the KD / drop them to 400 acres and protection mode (reset)? It's a tad lame/weird to re-sanction once the age ends. It gave me one heck of a laugh though.

Always bet on the Duck.
    Regards,

NighT
    Why dont you grow and war them up there? Why does it always have to be "You come down here!" ?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Why dont you grow and war them up there? Why does it always have to be "You come down here!" ?
    Not easy for a warring kingdom who doesn't have the same connections as the top kingdoms do to grow to their size without some inevitable "tax" coming from another top kingdom.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth4785 View Post
    Not easy for a warring kingdom who doesn't have the same connections as the top kingdoms do to grow to their size without some inevitable "tax" coming from another top kingdom.
    If they are as good at warring as they claim then they'll be ahead of the rest of the top and be able to tax/powerplay them. It's not really about connections early age especially now considering how much everyone hates each other.

It's proven time and again that top kds are better at warring than warring kds. When top kds take that dreaded age off they go into the warring tier and completely stomp the best warring kingdoms. Warring kds can face better competition by actually growing where they'll learn a lot more about warring than just warring a bunch of other kds at their tier.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by sexual harassment panda View Post
    If they are as good at warring as they claim then they'll be ahead of the rest of the top and be able to tax/powerplay them. It's not really about connections early age especially now considering how much everyone hates each other.

It's proven time and again that top kds are better at warring than warring kds. When top kds take that dreaded age off they go into the warring tier and completely stomp the best warring kingdoms. Warring kds can face better competition by actually growing where they'll learn a lot more about warring than just warring a bunch of other kds at their tier.
    except for when they are not...wsk,div,...oh wait, they aren't warring kingdoms right? cause as soon as someone beats or outplays whoring kingdoms and grows into size you don't consider them warring kingdoms anymore...

I really hope that ALL players and kingdoms that broke ANY rules were removed from the rankings for this age and will be for ages following.
    For example using profanity in province names, may not seem like cheating, but anything that breaks the rules is a form of cheating. Anyone that had their account suspended for any reason broke the rules, any kingdom that received any form of punishment broke the rules.
    Your customer base's trust is your most valuable asset in this business venture, don't squander it.
    Also instead of justifying your actions it would be more beneficial if you apologized for the mistakes made in the process.
    Things such as the deletion post, though funny to most, are very bad coming from a dev. Unless you want to claim that there were only 2 kingdoms that broke rules, you should have listed all or none. Your job is to be impartial as proprietor of the game. "in your face" is a sentiment you cannot afford.
    We should also be able to expect congratulatory posts every age from now on from the devs.
    Consistency goes a long way in earning trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    except for when they are not...wsk,div,...oh wait, they aren't warring kingdoms right? cause as soon as someone beats or outplays whoring kingdoms and grows into size you don't consider them warring kingdoms anymore...

I really hope that ALL players and kingdoms that broke ANY rules were removed from the rankings for this age and will be for ages following.
    For example using profanity in province names, may not seem like cheating, but anything that breaks the rules is a form of cheating. Anyone that had their account suspended for any reason broke the rules, any kingdom that received any form of punishment broke the rules.
    Your customer base's trust is your most valuable asset in this business venture, don't squander it.
    Also instead of justifying your actions it would be more beneficial if you apologized for the mistakes made in the process.
    Things such as the deletion post, though funny to most, are very bad coming from a dev. Unless you want to claim that there were only 2 kingdoms that broke rules, you should have listed all or none. Your job is to be impartial as proprietor of the game. "in your face" is a sentiment you cannot afford.
    We should also be able to expect congratulatory posts every age from now on from the devs.
    No, they become whoring kingdoms, seems rather straightfoward distinction. You aim at warring = Warring kd, you aim at whoring = whoring kd. Whats the issue?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by sexual harassment panda View Post

Right, because its not like the top haven't gotten their CFs in place at this point. As "easy" as it is for you to say warring kingdoms should just grow to war whoring tier, the whoring tier could drop to war a warring kingdom. Oh wait, that goes against the whoring kingdoms goal... guess that's why the warring kingdom is always suggested to grow.

Give me a break.

Right, because its not like the top haven't gotten their CFs in place at this point. As "easy" as it is for you to say warring kingdoms should just grow to war whoring tier, the whoring tier could drop to war a warring kingdom. Oh wait, that goes against the whoring kingdoms goal... guess that's why the warring kingdom is always suggested to grow.

Give me a break.
    But thats warring kd uses as argument as well, they dont want to get out of their comfort zone so they talk bunch of **** instead. If warring kds think whoring kds are just bunch of glorified explorers its easy to prove them wrong just grow and crush them but that rarely happens. Especially by the most vocal warring tier people.

Enthusiast

Give me a break.
    What I'm saying is that top kingdoms have taken ages off after being annoyed at the whore tier to war in the war tier and they end up winning pretty easily vs the best warring kingdoms. This happened with giraffes a few ages ago in recent memory. I'm sure there's other examples like when emeriti decided not to bother competing a few ages before that.

There's just about no examples of the reverse happening without the warring kingdoms adding better players/leaders and morphing into a whoring kingdom over a process of a few ages.

Whoring kingdoms still have to be able to war, and they have to be able to do it at a better level than you do because the margin for error is much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post

I don't get what the hell the second part of your post has anything to do with the first part or even what you were responding to. As to wsk/div both have experienced whores in their core or ls. It's hard to bring them up as an example of a warring kingdom that went to the top and hung with the best. Even if that's your claim, I'm not really sure who either beat last age that you could point to them out-warring whore kingdoms. Div refused a fight where they were 20k acres ahead of BB because BB outprepped them so hard.
    Last edited by sexual harassment panda; 12-08-2017 at 13:13.

WSk also had Coss for a couple ages there, and coss instantly makes ANY kd a whoring kd the moment he joins. Div throughout its history has quite a few whoring ages and they joined up with ABS so if they didn't already have enough experience they added a whole host of whore minds to consult.

Pyro is the best example and that took a few ages to happen and it was with a lot of coaching from Elit to cJ. I did't pay attention to the age that FS whored but from what I've heard it was lack luster. Most of the time when warring kds try they just end up pulling a Shinra and farming out a crown.

The honor crown used to be the top prize for the warring tier and every time a whoring kd would go warring age off they'd usually take that crown from them. I can't think of a situation where a whoring kd farmed out and handed a warring kd the honor crown because of it.

Ugh why are we even having this discussion again?
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Post Demon
    Funny argument that whoring kingdoms wars much better than warring kingdoms.

How many wars did Emeriti fight and win after dropping from the whoring game, should have been quite easy for them to win right, I'm not entirely sure as I did not check up on them much, but I think the answer could be 0, same for Barcoloco after getting smacked by the Mango for **** diplomacy, they was leading the war chart by a landslide but after being hit out of the top race not a single war.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post

How many wars did Emeriti fight and win after dropping from the whoring game, should have been quite easy for them to win right, I'm not entirely sure as I did not check up on them much, but I think the answer could be 0.
    0 cause we took vacation after dropping down :)
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post

How many wars did Emeriti fight and win after dropping from the whoring game, should have been quite easy for them to win right, I'm not entirely sure as I did not check up on them much, but I think the answer could be 0, same for Barcoloco after getting smacked by the Mango for **** diplomacy, they was leading the war chart by a landslide but after being hit out of the top race not a single war.
    Your reasoning is stupid, Emeriti dropped out cause they didnt have time to compete. So what on earth would you think they would be warring ?!

Thread Information