Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
Results 376 to 389 of 389

Thread: Congratulations to the age 72 winners!

  1. #376
    I like to post Band of Horses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth4785 View Post
    Once again. My suggestion wasn't gimping or handicapping any player. In fact, I think it actually highlights the skill of the player, not detract from it. Its simply expanding what you determined as equal footing. If equal footing is four hundred acres and starting resources, then I'm just expanding on that by including composition and race/personality combos. The logistics would be a nightmare, but with three days freeze and some number crunching, but it could be done.

    Your argument appears to be that selecting race and personality combination and composition are somehow a talent or a skill and I think that is where we disagree. Given a role, there is always a superior choice in race and personality. I'm just giving all those skilled and talented player the same superior choice in order to see whose the most talented. That would be a true competition.
    I feel like you might be lacking top play leadership experience if you think that composition selection isn't a skill. If it is so clear cut how come every top kd doesn't run the same composition each age? It's the only skill that ASF and Flogger still care to compete at.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

  2. #377
    I like to post Sheister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    in a ditch by the side of the road
    Posts
    4,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    I feel like you might be lacking top play leadership experience if you think that composition selection isn't a skill. If it is so clear cut how come every top kd doesn't run the same composition each age? It's the only skill that ASF and Flogger still care to compete at.
    He refuses to understand the game BoH and his every post just demonstrates how much he does not understand it. Its ok, just let him feel like he scored a point so he will stop making my soul hurt.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

    The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

  3. #378
    I like to post Band of Horses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    He refuses to understand the game BoH and his every post just demonstrates how much he does not understand it. Its ok, just let him feel like he scored a point so he will stop making my soul hurt.
    Don't worry I'm not looking to start a debate with him :) Its more fun to watch you try to break through
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

  4. #379
    News Correspondent protector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,470
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth4785 View Post
    It was hypothetical, but would be interesting to see how it would play out.

    Slippery slope when you talk about ceasefires - they aren't always used as intended. In my hypothetical situation, there would be no ceasefires.
    There would be no slippery slope if they are being used as they should. If you agree to CF someone up until YR X, you should stick to that agreement.

  5. #380
    News Correspondent protector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,470
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth4785 View Post
    Once again. My suggestion wasn't gimping or handicapping any player. In fact, I think it actually highlights the skill of the player, not detract from it. Its simply expanding what you determined as equal footing. If equal footing is four hundred acres and starting resources, then I'm just expanding on that by including composition and race/personality combos. The logistics would be a nightmare, but with three days freeze and some number crunching, but it could be done.
    A good player can play any combination relatively successfull.

    Quote Originally Posted by stealth4785 View Post
    Your argument appears to be that selecting race and personality combination and composition are somehow a talent or a skill and I think that is where we disagree. Given a role, there is always a superior choice in race and personality. I'm just giving all those skilled and talented player the same superior choice in order to see whose the most talented. That would be a true competition.
    Skill isn't just growing a province, it's also selecting a race and personality. Saying they don't require talent or skill just shows you have no idea what you're talking about. True competition starts with selecting your race and personality!

  6. #381
    Dear Friend Korp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    He refuses to understand the game BoH and his every post just demonstrates how much he does not understand it. Its ok, just let him feel like he scored a point so he will stop making my soul hurt.
    Isn't it bit ironic coming from you consider your signature and all. you cant play the way you wanted so you blame the game rather than adapt?

  7. #382
    I like to post Sheister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    in a ditch by the side of the road
    Posts
    4,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Isn't it bit ironic coming from you consider your signature and all. you cant play the way you wanted so you blame the game rather than adapt?
    Not at all Korp. Transforming the game from one where growth can happen through multiple strategies to one where it basically only has one (in gross form, there are multiple strategies to war itself) has turned this game into one where people can just decide to run away from superior prep and setups and prevent a superior competitor from competing at all. That is itself wrong.

    I refer you to Persain's post where he agrees with the underlying premise of my point (though I doubt he would agree with me that it is a bad thing.)

    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...1#post15444253
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

    The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

  8. #383
    Post Demon
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,406

  9. #384
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    I feel like you might be lacking top play leadership experience if you think that composition selection isn't a skill. If it is so clear cut how come every top kd doesn't run the same composition each age? It's the only skill that ASF and Flogger still care to compete at.
    what a bulll33t, you pay money to cheat, you are friend with absalomon alliance in which your owners are, who bought and ruined the whole game, cause of your alliance leet all people left the game

    and you have the nerve talking about skill, yeah skill for sure it is called money not skill, you can say same leet for your buddy brat mattija he does selection is that skill or pure leetplay

    i dont see any skill the game is dead and have no changes at all and you compete among yourself, you choose among 50 absalomon players and say that is skill, that is not even a joke but tragedy

  10. #385
    Post Fiend
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    He refuses to understand the game BoH and his every post just demonstrates how much he does not understand it. Its ok, just let him feel like he scored a point so he will stop making my soul hurt.
    Funny, I was beginning to think something similar.

    I don't have top play leadership experience and I still believe that picking a race and personality combination isn't a skill or talent. I'll concede that crunching numbers is a talent or skill depending how you look at it.

    For everything else, we will just have to agree to disagree and go on our own ways.

  11. #386
    Postaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    951
    No one dared to war us mainly because of me. I am just that damn good.
    Pulse (Leadership) -> BiO (Leader) -> BeastBlood -> FREEAKSTYLE -> BeastBlood

  12. #387
    Veteran texn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    No one dared to war us mainly because of me. I am just that damn good.
    lol baka ur cute.
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

  13. #388
    Forum Addict Shai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,231
    This absalomon alliance got me intrigued
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  14. #389
    Needs to get out more
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    8,134
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth4785 View Post
    Funny, I was beginning to think something similar.

    I don't have top play leadership experience and I still believe that picking a race and personality combination isn't a skill or talent. I'll concede that crunching numbers is a talent or skill depending how you look at it.

    For everything else, we will just have to agree to disagree and go on our own ways.
    I like that you're asking questions.

    The problem with the mystery of the top is that Bart land charted to the top. He didn't crown.
    The reason I'm commenting on your post is because I understand you're looking for substance.
    Confidence and curiosity do pay dividends. I'm reading you because these are questions, that while deflected, offer insight from what isn't being said. I'm not whoring but I'm always passively nosing.

    If you've seen someone in command through the ages, witnessed their progress, and finally saw them in the crown seat then that's how I feel about Utopia at the current state. Because I've seen Bart in war I'm aware of his convention. This is generally all I need to understand most things in Utopia. Because I can reverse engineer what I've encountered.

    1. We know you don't have to be a master of war. No offense to anyone anywhere.
    2. We know you don't have to abide diplo to the letter.
    3. We know the pump schedule. How not to blow up.
    4. We know the general elite nw dealio.
    5. We understand why you want advanced com.
    6. Bots are cool for seeing more stuff with less stealth.
    7. I forget the explore thing, but it's simple.

    Anyone want to add to this? I'll never find willing whores so it's all for posterity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •