Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the age 72 winners!

Enthusiast
    Heard the great news and I am back. Thanks devs. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    Got one time in our pharma age. End of the day our top honor/ww removed.
    That is actioned immediately because it is close to age end and not a delayed action which i remembered clearly.

Enthusiast
    Devs delete sparta after the age and give their friends a crown? What a joke.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by markers View Post
    There is literally zero bias here. If you think david/Jeff are super buddy buddy to bb then lol

Try not to cheat next age and maybe this time you'll finish top 10
    Or maybe dish out the punishment properly when it happens instead of spreading it over an entire age so that even innocent people aren't Continuously affected by it. This was handled horribly.
    'We bow down before no man.' - Ancient Spartans
    ~Fury of Sparta~

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Well here is one problem with that approach.

At that point a significant part of the "age acres" from the top had shifted around in those kingdoms and there was an important pool of acres that could have (in theory) be available for attack by the remaining competitors. Deletion of that pool in itself might have been a de facto chart shape.

No good options were available to the devs (imho).

This is why I feel like everyone just lost, even the winners. No one really had a satisfying accomplishment that they can really say "we earned this".

It is very sad.
    Fair statement

Joke story = 4:6 sent notice to Ze Trolls...ended up getting land lusted thousands and thousands of acres. For a KD that has 22 players, its unbelievable they got placed 7th. Congrats Trolls, we will be watching you next age!

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Xist View Post
    Or maybe dish out the punishment properly when it happens instead of spreading it over an entire age so that even innocent people aren't Continuously affected by it. This was handled horribly.
    Innocent people wouldn't have supported the kd further :p
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    It's not really appropriate to delete 25 individual players for the actions of a kingdom. Those 24 players who weren't deleted had the opportunity to defect to other kingdoms, if they wished to preserve their province rankings / did not endorse the cheating. The kingdom, however, is being actioned for cheating which means all of those rankings at removed at EOA.

Yes, this does mean that getting actioned for cheating in yr0, even if all 25 provinces were deleted, would still result in rankings removal at EOA.

The action taken at the time of cheating (deletion of provinces/suspension/WW removal) was appropriate to remove the in-game benefits they had received from cheating. The removal of rankings is appropriate, as we do not tolerate cheating and there should reasonably be lasting consequences to it. It doesn't matter whether those kingdoms would have finished #1 #7 or #140.
    so to clarify...any kingdom with someone that was actioned for cheating is excluded from crowning? or is it the kingdom that got actioned? or maybe the monarch?
    I don't think you grasp what kind of can of worms you just opened.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by astron View Post
    i thought u said you arent 4:6 ? ;)
    I'm wherever the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    It's not really appropriate to delete 25 individual players for the actions of a kingdom. Those 24 players who weren't deleted had the opportunity to defect to other kingdoms, if they wished to preserve their province rankings / did not endorse the cheating. The kingdom, however, is being actioned for cheating which means all of those rankings at removed at EOA.

Yes, this does mean that getting actioned for cheating in yr0, even if all 25 provinces were deleted, would still result in rankings removal at EOA.

The action taken at the time of cheating (deletion of provinces/suspension/WW removal) was appropriate to remove the in-game benefits they had received from cheating. The removal of rankings is appropriate, as we do not tolerate cheating and there should reasonably be lasting consequences to it. It doesn't matter whether those kingdoms would have finished #1 #7 or #140.
    U r punishing the other 24 players.
    Btw correct me if i am wrong on the below
    P
    Spartan monarch got deleted.
    Spartan got freeze 48hr.
    Then spartan got deleted from chart which so call ur 'remove'.
    Never in an age i saw 3 action on 1 occassion

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    so to clarify...any kingdom with someone that was actioned for cheating is excluded from crowning? or is it the kingdom that got actioned? or maybe the monarch?
    In some cases, provinces are actioned for cheating (e.g. they are a multi, they are logging a friends account, etc)
    In some cases, kingdoms are actioned for cheating (e.g. they engaged in a fake war, kingdomwide bug abuse, etc)

Depending on the nature of the cheating, the punishment will be tailored appropriately, and removal from rankings is part of the punishment.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    I think it's a bundle of things not just one action from start of age. Let's not forget 1:19 also removed (or did they finish out of top 100?)

How can anyone complain about cheaters being removed from the rankings? Now people will think twice before pulling shady **** first half of age cause let's face it: You can be deleted halfway into the age and still comeback with this small playerbase.

Just wish previous owners had the same policy.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by markers View Post
    I think it's a bundle of things not just one action from start of age. Let's not forget 1:19 also removed (or did they finish out of top 100?)
    They were removed from rankings (which includes island and race rankings), but I'm not sure where they would have finished serverwide.

Post Fiend
    I think 2:2 should be given the heads up that they'll be removed from the charts immediately upon the first actioning.

Thread Information