Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 73 Power Rankings

Age 73 Power Rankings

I made some adjustments from the way I did it last Age. (you can see a progression with input from last Age here; http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...Power-Rankings )

-I added honor so we could get a peak at Bocan.
    -working with mod rather than raw numbers now

I am basing this on 1k acre provinces, and using the 2.6gc per tick (instead of 1/2.6gc per tick) for scientist NW. I calc the Professors as if they were 36h into being Professor and so it works out to about 125k NW, which is why the NWPAs look so crazy... So you can just remove 125 from the NWPAs to get an idea in comparison to Age 72's NWs.

The T-cost has become irrelevant this Age, as well as the NH factor as I set the %Homes the same for all TMs...

Bocan can't quite muster the defence to deter Orc or Dryad ... Getting to 271 mdpa even with 35% Homes was still obscenely deeply drafted (<2ppa), and likely not feasible most of the time. Keep in mind that this does not take into account that they can ignore WTs. Won't help their mDPA, but I imagine it should at least bump them ahead of Dark Elf on the Thievery ranks above.

Faery(with ~8ppa) is the only one, including attackers, who records a positive income with this 200% wages setup, but its just barely in the green. All others would have to be coasting on GC stocks to maintain the 200% wages.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 11-08-2017 at 21:40. Reason: added link to last age thread

Needs to get out more
    Thank you, RattleHead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

The community is most welcome.

Suggestions, criticism and questions as well!

Veteran
    Thanks. Prince seems rather optimistic ;)
    How about setting a realistic honour level for attackers at least? Because the opa that the attackers have influences the dpa you set for the t/ms, which in turn affects which t/m race has a better tpa/wpa (although probably won't change the order in this case).

Is 8 horses PA enough?

haha yes Prince is optimistic, I just wanted to cut to the chase on Bocan!

Also very true about the TM dpas due to the honor boost. I'll try one with the Attackers on Baron, and T/Ms on Count or something like that for a more realistic comparison on my next go around. Not likely to change the order, but will make Bocan look a lot more manageable from a T/M standpoint.

8 hpa is not enough for me, I would rather have everything mounted, but it becomes acre intensive... So I am kinda ballparking it, I could add full mount for each Race if I'm not feeling to lazy then as well!

... i'll tack max prisoners/merc send on as well
    Last edited by RattleHead; 11-08-2017 at 23:18.

Bocan is still many homes and ~1 ppa to get to the mDPA target...

Not sure how to quantify Orc's susceptibility to ambush...
    Last edited by RattleHead; 12-08-2017 at 00:42.

Sorry, kind of new around here. Would anyone mind explaining how to read this chart or point me in the direction of a key or guide?

Post Demon
    I don't know how I missed an entire age, but somehow I never did this for age 72. Glad someone else took it up, and in particular glad that someone is extending it into the T/M realm a bit.

Mostly for reference and backwards compatibility, here are the older style I used for age 71. Note in particular these are ranked by OPNW instead of OPA, but gains are now based on both. Also important is how this does not factor any gains (direct or time), nor any econ factors. It also doesn't look at tanking attackers (army partially in) or any durability behaviors. This older format is trying to measure the "raw power" the race will hit with... how much power you are willing to give up for other nice things is a straegic call beyond my rankings. (RattleHead is partially taking on that challenge with his rankings though - at least gains/time is factored in I see).

So, the old style power rankings:

Rankings________OPA_____DPA___NW/A___MPNW_____%Max
    Dwarf Elite O_____135.5____58.1___257.3____0.752____76.00%
    Human__________149______63.9___258_____0.825____84.45%
    Dark Elf _________143.1____61.3___230.6____0.887____90.77%
    Bocan___________119.6____51.3___191.4____0.893____91.42%
    No Race_________120.3____51.5___191.4____0.898____91.89%
    Avian___________163.8____70.2___256.9____0.911____93.25%
    Dwarf no Elite____122.8____52.6___191.6____0.916____93.73%
    Undead 50/50____149.6____64.1___233.2____0.916____93.78%
    UD Pure Elite O___161.8____69.3___247.8____0.933____95.49%
    Faery Elite D_____142.4____61_____216.3____0.94_____96.25%
    Dryad __________179.8____77_____272.1____0.944____96.59%
    Dark Elf no Elite___135.5____58.1___203.1____0.953____97.56%
    Faery no Elite_____130_____55.7___191.7____0.969____99.18%
    Orc_____________166.1____71.2___242.9____0.977___100.00%

Thoughts (originally written for my kingdom):
    Dryad unsurprisingly packs the biggest OPA, but is very NW heavy so we have to face kingdoms with more land. Orc is a really nice balance generally, but is easy to ambush. Faery even with elites for def is fairly NW light overall cause those ospecs are so low NW.

Human and dwarves probably should use elites because gains are not purely NW based any more. But man does their efficiency stink - and human can be FBed pretty easy so their bonuses are likely to be taken away. Dwarf at least has ok sustain and econ, but probably has to use some ospec to keep their NW under control. I recommend hybrid (A/M) only for these... and recommend UD instead for that job anyway.

Avian lost ambush immune, so fast but not really great. No horses hurt. Sci is a fairly big factor since it only has a soft cap now, so UD is a little meh, but still respectable. Bocan can't attack for beans, a/T at most imo.
    Last edited by Ethan; 12-08-2017 at 05:17. Reason: Even up the columns a bit more
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by clairec View Post
    Sorry, kind of new around here. Would anyone mind explaining how to read this chart or point me in the direction of a key or guide?
    So whats going on is a comparison of all the Race on more or less identical setups.

When there is a stat I want to rank them by, for example pMPA. The highest Race here ends up with a 1 for modifier in this column, and all the other Races are shown as a decimal percentage of the greatest value. (EX Dryad above pMPA is 379.3/379.3 = 1, and Orc 309.1/379.3 = 0.814...)

I am also comparing them by BE, and Gains v Loss over time. At the end I multiplied these three %max factors together, and the highest one becomes 1 (100%) in the final Aggregate column, and each successive Race is ranked as a decimal percentage of the highest Agg number.

Its a bit different set up for the TMs, but a similar idea.

As for all the abbreviations;
    PPA= Population/Acre
    NWPA = Net Worth per acre
    Prac m O/DPA = Practical 'm'odified Offence or Defence per acre (Practical refers generally to Races, like Dark Elf for example, who would rely on Elite units for defence, so they have quite a high Suicide OPA, but their Practical offence is that which leaves reasonable DPA at home
    MPA = Military Points per Acre
    Sui = Suicide OPA
    Turtle = Sitting at home defence
    BE = Building Efficiency
    Gains and Atk Time = racial mods for attack gains and attack time

... Plus I'm not sure if you mean a key or guide for this chart, or the game :P Here is the friendly guide to the game; http://utopia-game.com/guide/

... and here is the cold-hearted mathematical truth of the game; http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...he_Utopia_Wiki

@Ethan, yes I noticed yours was lacking last Age, so I was inclined to try one of my own! Not trying to step on toes, of course.

The TM bit is tricky to get a handle on, last Age it seemed a bit more accurate the way it worked out, but Bocan WT immunity is in the same boat as Orc ambush susceptibility, not sure how to quantify.

Was also somewhat surprised by Dwarf and Faery NW. Even on vhigh OPA, Faery doesn't overtake Dark Elf, that +1 on Elite def makes a big population difference, and Dwarf has been the most feather-light NW Elite for several Ages, so its a bit of a swing for them!
    Last edited by RattleHead; 12-08-2017 at 14:48.

Veteran
    Thanks both RattleHead and Ethan.

@Ethan - I wouldn't describe yours as "old style" - two different ways to look at the info but both are useful.

@RattleHead - Thanks for the updated version. Looks good to me. I can't think of any more suggestions except the one I mentioned last age which is that I think 3 mod tpa and 2 mod wpa is quite low (bearing in mind this is assuming maxed science so we are talking late age). But it isn't likely to change much on your charts this age - I cared more when we had hafling on +40% tpa and last age I thought your chart undervalued hafling. Now the tpa/wpa mods are relatively small.

Ok some small revisions, try to make it a bit easier to read with the colour coding perhaps.

I added a NWPA factor for the Attacker section, it doesn't change the top end too much, but brings the rest of the pack much closer together. Dryad with its huge NW, and Faery with 2/8 Elites make sense to be lurking near the bottom, I think...

Human is a bit of a surprise to me, although their Econ perks are not accounted for at all, and their Elite is relatively NW intensive for its strength(they are rather even with Dwarf everywhere, except for BE of course, and that seems to make all the difference!).

Bocan really climbs with its light NW, but it may be deceptive to consider them equal attacking strength to Dark Elf, or even to say they are better than Dryad and Human for that matter.

I think I'll call it there unless there are some specific requests for me to consider :)

EDIT: Fixing the BE calc dropped the two lesser converted UD builds below Dwarf, and the all spec Bocan manages to squeak past the heavy spec UD.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 13-08-2017 at 00:19. Reason: made the fixes noted in next post

Veteran
    Just for fun if you are bored, what about Bocan with just specs? It'll improve the nw/acre with no other impact which might let it jump another race on agg? ;)

Also, I hadn't noticed that you were looking at BE before. Technically UD BE should be lower (tools sci).

oh snap- good call! I changed that BE calc, super lazy on that one haha woops! Ill fix that and add a pure spec Bocan as well.

Fix added, I just replaced the image posted in the previous post, since that one had errors.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 13-08-2017 at 00:21.

glutton for punishment on a quiet weekend here...

I upped the mtpa/mwpa targets for the attackers, and thus the target mdpas for the TMs. I also converted Bocan to all specs on the TM side, and it actually pulled out of last place on the Thievery section! So you can imagine that with the protection low NWPA can offer, if there were an easy logical way to quantify the WT immunity, it would surely take tops in this category. I still think it would be a difficult race to play, for experienced players, because it still requires considerably deeper drafting compared to the other TMs.

ugh just noticed the mDPA is messed up on the Fae and Bocan in the TM section, it doesnt affect the ranking since they are all based on the same DPA, they should all be 226.6.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 13-08-2017 at 15:40. Reason: TM dpas

Veteran
    Thanks. I find two things particularly interesting:

-Dwarf comes out 3rd despite being last or almost last in every category except BE.
    -Bocun is apparently 5th best pure attacker race. I'n not sure we'd find anyone willing to back it for that ;p

I forgot whether your charts includes spells? For example is fanat/bloodlust/GP included on the races that have them?

Edit: And quick feet? (I can see that's not included now that I think of it). If spells are not included can I make a request to include spells next age?
    Last edited by Chris121; 13-08-2017 at 11:00.

Thread Information