Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clarification on the Chart Rule

Enthusiast

Clarification on the Chart Rule

So, given that this chart rule is rather new with the new ownership, I'm wondering in what instances of dev action it applies. Fake war is obviously one of many ways you can get actioned. I have just a few examples:

1) I get actioned for swearing at someone in game because they piss me off. I am suspended for 24-48 hours or whatever it is.

2a) Someone in my kingdom has multis unbenounced to me. Not like this has ever happened to me before because everyone I associate with us 100% honest and clean, but there's a chance that a scumbag can get through.

2b) Does it depend on how they use the multis? IE as their own personal intel/resource farm vs. baiting someone into warring.

3) A couple in my kingdom is actioned for multi'ing because they used each other's phones/computers at some point. I want to say this happened to Jesters or some other ghetto a few ages back and caused a mini-****storm.

4) Someone xlogs their friend for a hit/aid as they've maxed all their sitting for the month.

I'm sure there's other scenarios, but we have some gray area with what level of dev action could constitute removal from the charts unless the answer to all of these scenarios is yes. In the future will the chart removal be announced at the time of punishment or will ppl have to wait until EOA again? I don't condone cheating at all, but things happen with 25 ppl that isn't endorsed by a kingdom's ls. Or is there going to be a case by case thing of whether or not the person who committed these acts is ls? If so then what constitutes ls? Just steward and monarch?

And will fake wars be continued on a case by case basis? Because there were a couple gray wars according to the community last age that weren't actioned. There's also famous past instances where 2 kingdoms are warring but one of the warring parties is hitting out at 3rd kingdom while the other kingdom in war farms. Will devs have a different stance on that war than previous administrations?

Administrator
    If your kingdom is actioned, your kingdom will not chart.
    If your province is actioned, your province will not chart (but your kingdom will).

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    If your province is actioned, your province will not chart (but your kingdom will).
    I'd say....don't let yourself be tied down too much.

Just say the punishment will fit the crime...a level of discretion is needed.

good if someone is actioned - at a province level they won't chart, if a kd is actioned, the whole kd wont chart...

Does this also mean provinces in the kingdom that did not cheat won't chart?

does said province that wont chart get removed from the kingdom totals... since you save the ability to remove at eoa w/o a warning.

why you should just delete at time of the incident

Administrator
    All violations of the rules are handled on a case by case basis, what JeffT says will apply in those scenarios as they occur.

Fair and honorable play should be promoted. Do not violate the Terms of Service, nor condone violations by others and you won't have a problem.

If you suspect the Terms of Service have been violated, you can e-mail us at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com and we will investigate the matter and serve punishment appropriately.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

So will you act on farmouts, hitting into war, shady deals, etc all things that occur in Utopia as well? Fair and Honorable play is a pretty broad definition and you can impossibly catch all of that. If you cant enforce the rules strictly they become very toothless in the end or at least unfair. Cause KD A cheated but didnt get punished cause you didnt notice and Kingdom B that did cheat and got punished as well. ITs a slipperly slope.

Shouldnt BB and Divinity as well be removed from the charts in that case cause you can hardly claim what they did was honorable and fair play last age.

Quoting for future reference. Screenshot for Nazimods.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    All violations of the rules are handled on a case by case basis, what JeffT says will apply in those scenarios as they occur.

Fair and honorable play should be promoted. Do not violate the Terms of Service, nor condone violations by others and you won't have a problem.

If you suspect the Terms of Service have been violated, you can e-mail us at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com and we will investigate the matter and serve punishment appropriately.
    So is that also where I should voice my concerns that one of the owners updated the ToS to cover his on complicity in a ToS violation that probably resulted in multing, in the process shielding his friend(s) and former KD mates from the application of the rules set forth in this post (and quoted and pictured for longevity).

Because I feel like keeping those sorts of concerns private isn't an effective way to voice my concerns...

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    So is that also where I should voice my concerns that one of the owners updated the ToS to cover his on complicity in a ToS violation that probably resulted in multing, in the process shielding his friend(s) and former KD mates from the application of the rules set forth in this post (and quoted and pictured for longevity).

Because I feel like keeping those sorts of concerns private isn't an effective way to voice my concerns...
    Your conspiracy theories are stupid. Even though you know it wasnt a single decision you keep bringing up the same dumb argument over and over again. What about zaupers friends in CR? What about munks friends in CR and the dislike for BB? What about Bishop that doesnt give a ****?

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Your conspiracy theories are stupid. Even though you know it wasnt a single decision you keep bringing up the same dumb argument over and over again. What about zaupers friends in CR? What about munks friends in CR and the dislike for BB? What about Bishop that doesnt give a ****?
    The ToS was only updated after I confronted Hawk in #tactics about the fact he knew the whole time as he had played in CD.

And they're only conspiracies because there is a coverup. In actuality, these are truths.

Post Fiend
    in the province scenario.... does the provinces land still count toward kingdom totals or say honor...

Enthusiast
    So in the case of someone using multis to get wars typically the war records were taken away and the province in the kingdom was deleted. No other provinces in that kingdom were actioned themselves.

Does this mean that they wouldn't be eligible for ww chart or for all charts?

Also, does the land/nw/honor on actioned provinces not eligible for charts count towards the kingdom goals? Like, if I have a 10k acre prov that was actioned and I'm 9k acres ahead of the competition my kingdom would come in second place?

I just want to know these details so I can vet players more stringently for my honorable and fair playing kingdom.

Enthusiast
    what about the whole names getting changed bit? Is that a chart erasing offense?
    -Gurch

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by sexual harassment panda View Post
    So, given that this chart rule is rather new with the new ownership, I'm wondering in what instances of dev action it applies. Fake war is obviously one of many ways you can get actioned. I have just a few examples:

1) I get actioned for swearing at someone in game because they piss me off. I am suspended for 24-48 hours or whatever it is.

2a) Someone in my kingdom has multis unbenounced to me. Not like this has ever happened to me before because everyone I associate with us 100% honest and clean, but there's a chance that a scumbag can get through.

2b) Does it depend on how they use the multis? IE as their own personal intel/resource farm vs. baiting someone into warring.

3) A couple in my kingdom is actioned for multi'ing because they used each other's phones/computers at some point. I want to say this happened to Jesters or some other ghetto a few ages back and caused a mini-****storm.

4) Someone xlogs their friend for a hit/aid as they've maxed all their sitting for the month.

I'm sure there's other scenarios, but we have some gray area with what level of dev action could constitute removal from the charts unless the answer to all of these scenarios is yes. In the future will the chart removal be announced at the time of punishment or will ppl have to wait until EOA again? I don't condone cheating at all, but things happen with 25 ppl that isn't endorsed by a kingdom's ls. Or is there going to be a case by case thing of whether or not the person who committed these acts is ls? If so then what constitutes ls? Just steward and monarch?

And will fake wars be continued on a case by case basis? Because there were a couple gray wars according to the community last age that weren't actioned. There's also famous past instances where 2 kingdoms are warring but one of the warring parties is hitting out at 3rd kingdom while the other kingdom in war farms. Will devs have a different stance on that war than previous administrations?
    There is only 1 chart rule: jefft gets to pick the winners at the end of the age XD.

Thread Information