Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UD/mystic build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UD/mystic build

Hi all.. first time as an A/M

do share your thoughts about the builds you'd recommend for an UD mystic. Cheers

also the ofspecs/acre and defspecs/acre

Strategy Moderator
    60% guilds 10% homes 20% banks 10% towers untill u get "enough" wpa. Once u get "enough" wpa build them just like you would any normal attacker but put the spare land u'd normally have in farms ->towers.

Standard training goals when i ran undead mystic was 4 wpa, 1 tpa, 10+ "offense" per acre 8 dspec/acre, 5 ppa. FOR ME low tpa was fine because i always ran high WT or sized my prov such that ns/aw weren't an issue and my desire was to get chained->massacred to be a pain in the ass to deal with. Alternatively u could try to go a bit more tanky with less offense and "enough" tpa to avoid ns from enemy cores, but my experience with that is limited as its not how i chose to fit undead mystick into my own kd.

Regular
    I play similar. I don't run the same style suicide offense as the other undeads (persians right massacres can be a *****) but i avoid running too much defense. you might find success in gaining lots of land with running more defense, but this is mainly because your opponent doesn't view you as a big threat. You'll likely become a target for the opposing kingdoms thieves. Not to mention the fact that putting on lots of land in war makes your WPA pitiful. It's somewhat of a tightrope walk. You want to get hit and you want to hit to maximize your damage on the other kingdom. Try to avoid putting on too much land and stay towards the median of your kingdoms size and networth going into war. Consider well placed massacres yourself (especially on those bacons), though this may encourage the same response from your enemies. Thieves are going to get you. Run high WT's and just enough tpa to at least counter their attackers thieves.

I agree with persians build recommendation, but running a full attacking undead i run WT's but I don't run nearly as many as when i play A/M. AW can be brutal to an A/M and its something i recommend in a Undead/mystics build. Run as high a number as you can, especially when you start accruing honor and you become a bigger target.

Veteran
    Considering the lower defense (compared to t/m races) and the total amount of wizards on such a province, how will undead mystics be looking to recover from a chain?
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Regular
    Why would the total amount of wizards be important? With 70% guilds you need about 6 rl days to reach 4 wpa. Thats a worst case scenario. one question is, if you get chained at all. It might depend on your kingdom. If you have opa monster dryads and orcs and wpa moster dark elves in your kingdom, you might not be a priority. Especially since even chained you stay a dangerous attacker.
    I see an undead-mystics mage role as a t/m supporter: mostly doing fireballs and max duration greeds against other attackers, casting rituals and denying enemy rituals.
    You dont need a lot of wpa for this role.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    Considering the lower defense (compared to t/m races) and the total amount of wizards on such a province, how will undead mystics be looking to recover from a chain?
    LL and good incoming land and they should recover just the same as an orc/dryad who gets chained.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    LL and good incoming land and they should recover just the same as an orc/dryad who gets chained.
    An orc/dryad (or non-mystic undead) has considerably less total wizards to make overpopulation worse and can landlust too, mystic only gives a small damage bonus on that. You cant do much about incoming land from attacks after you've made them and a few ticks later get chained.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    An orc/dryad (or non-mystic undead) has considerably less total wizards to make overpopulation worse and can landlust too, mystic only gives a small damage bonus on that. You cant do much about incoming land from attacks after you've made them and a few ticks later get chained.
    they wont ll as easily or as succesfully. as for incoming land, you have to plan your hits for geting chained. its more work, you cant just blindly go...ooh im top off go smash. You have to say hrm..im likely to get chained now, who can i hit to make sure i have good incoming acres, the chain target wont give me enough, hey leader can u plan for me to do an off target hit so i dont get !@#$ if i get chained.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    Undead mystic doesn't work vs competitive kingdoms. Fun ghetto play though if you want to do one man nm waves. When being chained you just release your wizards........ for the record it is a better combo then undead rogue. Lol
    undead mystic works fine v compettitve kds. i ran it in an age where we went 5/5 and then had them en masse in a decent setup that we had 3 wins with. Undead in innately a support race, going mystic for a little MS support is fine if u dont want to desync your kd with 1/2 tact, 1/2 non tact, or warrior doesnt have "enough" to provide a real benefit.

Needs to get out more
    @ MeIkor. That's my relative approach. My attempt is to not let my advantages become limits. At the end of the day you're undead with high sustain offense and plague. Plague is one of those things t/ms don't like even more than attackers, unless they're clerics.

I've played orc mystic and undead sage and I use the enemies actions as leverage, like a zone-read tactic. Instead of balancing myself I leave that to the enemy. If I'm not targeted as an attacker I understand how to regulate my acre intake, but I do it for more than wpa/tpa; I'll stop at a critical nw/acre sector with the intention of extending the gap. Thus forcing higher resource expenditure by the enemy to chain or reestablish themselves in the gap. I use my economic yield and activity to aid the chained provinces regularly which takes pressure off my kingdom t/ms.

If I'm targeted as an attacker then the predictable takes place, as mentioned above. The massacres that follow should be seen as opportunities to vanquish another enemies defenses. I'm well into raze and nominal acre yield and don't mind abducting to draw aggression toward myself. A good zero sum game with an eye for the chain process may allow you to interfere with the enemy war doctrine. If you're in the mud(chained) you should make the enemies biggest attackers feel like they're sliding down there with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    @StratOcastle. I dont know anything about zone-read tactics, but I strongly agree with everything else. I see it as a chess game, where I prepare a countermove depending on the enemies move. Undead Mystic gives these options due to insanely strong synergies as A/M and an ebb and flow like transformation between A/m and a/M.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrath View Post
    Hi all.. first time as an A/M

do share your thoughts about the builds you'd recommend for an UD mystic. Cheers

also the ofspecs/acre and defspecs/acre
    I do not understand the servers love of Undead Mystic.
    It seems to be a case of using a wrench to dive a screw into the wall instead of a hammer and a nail.
    Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

"If you have a problem with a post then use the report button.

24 hour ban for arguing with me. This isn't a democracy." - Bishop

Undead Mystics are pretty good, mainly because they do get the racial +1 mana, and they have one of the highest offences in the game atm. So if your kingdom is looking to run more hybrid type of setups, then UD/Mystic is a decent one to run. Similar to running Undead Paladin, the mana helps.

Last age I ran an Undead/mystic.

Theres alot of potential in it, but needs a clear KD strat to work great.
    Off always grew in war, great FB power to controll econ and LL if chained.

Just avoid the massacers and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by czen View Post
    Last age I ran an Undead/mystic.

Theres alot of potential in it, but needs a clear KD strat to work great.
    Off always grew in war, great FB power to controll econ and LL if chained.

Just avoid the massacers and you will be fine.
    On the other hand as we dont run them this age :-)

High elite defences are a pain to take down with nightmares especially later on in war when wpa have gone down (at least that was last age, dont know if changes adress it)
    Early massacres on the smallest undead can put them out of NM abililty. With fewer provinces doing NM the defence will not go down as much as needed to really cripple the target.
    They are very dependent on runes, any number of towers you are running is probably half of what you need. Opponents should Lightning strike, burn towers, steal their runes as undead wont have the best of tpa.
    If you see a specific wave time do sabotage wizards prewave to drop the available manapool.

Regular
    higher elite casualties will indeed be interesting to see. Depending on the numbers undead/mystic could be brutal. Bit of a gamble with a good amount of rogues still this round. Any kingdom running undead/mystics will want to squish Bacons asap.

Thread Information