Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UD/mystic build

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    ... for the record it is a better combo then undead rogue. Lol
    I laughed pretty hard when the survey of the world showed undead being the race of choice for rogues next age.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    An orc/dryad (or non-mystic undead) has considerably less total wizards to make overpopulation worse and can landlust too, mystic only gives a small damage bonus on that. You cant do much about incoming land from attacks after you've made them and a few ticks later get chained.
    they wont ll as easily or as succesfully. as for incoming land, you have to plan your hits for geting chained. its more work, you cant just blindly go...ooh im top off go smash. You have to say hrm..im likely to get chained now, who can i hit to make sure i have good incoming acres, the chain target wont give me enough, hey leader can u plan for me to do an off target hit so i dont get !@#$ if i get chained.

Undead mystic doesn't work vs competitive kingdoms. Fun ghetto play though if you want to do one man nm waves. When being chained you just release your wizards........ for the record it is a better combo then undead rogue. Lol
    undead mystic works fine v compettitve kds. i ran it in an age where we went 5/5 and then had them en masse in a decent setup that we had 3 wins with. Undead in innately a support race, going mystic for a little MS support is fine if u dont want to desync your kd with 1/2 tact, 1/2 non tact, or warrior doesnt have "enough" to provide a real benefit.

Post Fiend
    UD mystic works fine vs competitive KDs when you have 4+ combined with DEs. A/m + a/M is nasty combo

Enthusiast
    @Persian any pro can run about anything and make it work. But is the combo the best?

This age I would say undead mystic would work but compare it to DE they don't make much sense overall. At least that's my opinion Haha.

Strategy Moderator
    @Persian any pro can run about anything and make it work. But is the combo the best?

This age I would say undead mystic would work but compare it to DE they don't make much sense overall. At least that's my opinion Haha.
    its a cheap way to get MS into the kd. since warrior doesnt have +1 general, cleric isnt that amazing on undead, and tact as always is a garbage pick i'd say warhero and mystic are the best options for undead this age.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    its a cheap way to get MS into the kd. since warrior doesnt have +1 general, cleric isnt that amazing on undead, and tact as always is a garbage pick i'd say warhero and mystic are the best options for undead this age.
    Why is tact garbage? Newish player here and genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrath View Post
    Hi all.. first time as an A/M

do share your thoughts about the builds you'd recommend for an UD mystic. Cheers

also the ofspecs/acre and defspecs/acre
    On topic, I went undead mystic last age and Persain in first reply makes good points :-)
    actually you might not need that high amount of banks, spec armies are cheap, as long as you keep hitting for credits and conversions. Though you wont be funding any dragons.
    Im sure maxing wpa as soon as possible is the best tactic, personally i went a little slower, started with 40% guilds but we went to war early (and lost due to low towers).

I stress for war you need much towers for whatever spells you are going for. Even late in age we used 20% towers or more, earlier double that is not enough to really spend your mana. No runes in war does not make a wizard happy... 4wpa is a sweetspot with max channeling, breaks attackers and quite a few hybrids.

I used higher defence than I would usually run as undead attacker but we did NM to take down most defence so could get away with smaller offence if our ops and chain worked. Good for war, not good out of war...

Early age if i would change i think id run smaller defence and hit much more for conversions. Science, channeling population tools production is really good, need to get BE up and the more runes the better.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by clairec View Post
    Tact isn't garbage that's just one opinion. It did get nerfed, but Clear Sights a powerful spell and shouldn't be overlooked. Take advantage it and just make sure to make the most of your 10 hour attack time. That being said, I'd still pick mystic or warhero before tact but it's not a waste.

Enthusiast
    I think that's a dig at my setup the age we fought, but realisticly undead tact is noob proof and is far from garbage. ;)

Strategy Moderator
    I think that's a dig at my setup the age we fought, but realisticly undead tact is noob proof and is far from garbage. ;)
    its not a dig at anyone, i generally think any competent kd would benefit from shifting away from tact at towards something like cleric/warrior/warhero on their pure attackers en masse (mystic on undead is a support race so not a "pure" attacker, and a couple of avain tact finishers or something doesnt count). I know plenty of people have had succecss using tact and DESTROYING kds with it, but from my experience destroying kds with tact over and over if the only difference they made to their setup was to go tact->cleric if non undead or tact->warrior/warhero if undead they would instantly improve and be harder to deal with and beat.

Quote Originally Posted by clairec View Post
    because simply attacking faster isnt a good bonus unless you can do something with that speed. And speed doesn't give enough of an advantage to outweigh the military losses you experience simply from attacking...not when you compare it to a real bonus like the historical +1 general warrior bonus, the cleric bonus,+gains/dragon immunity, or say MS from mystic.

Tact is especially damaging if its not being done at a kd wide level....having 1/2 a kd at 10 hour attack times and 1/2 a kd at 12 hour attack times is actually detrimental to a kd as it makes things like chaining or nm waving much more difficult. i.e. mixing say undead tact with orc cleric just means your attackers get outa sync really quickly. You try chaining someone (or just not burning out as a leader/war coordinator) when your attackers core is spread out such that 2 people get in army in like every hour.

If/When you start to argue things like well we'd get another wave in at min time..blah blah blah, the thing people miss is you aren't chaining fast enough. The "extra" people you are chaining down dont amount to allowing your attackers to help deal with the enemy t/m's or hybrids since top mod off went down on both sides anyway. If you took a 100% simplictic aproach of each kd chains 2 attackers/wave at the 48-50 hour mark a tact kd has chained 10 to a normal kds what 8? How is that helping. By the 48 hour mark ops/chaining should have made both sides t/m's and hybrids mostly unbreakable anyway and 2 "extra" attackers (who started out small, chain top mod off down) who cant do anything but conquest arent helping you win. On top of that the extra wave has cost you 3.5-7% additional lost offense simply by attacking.

My personal arguement is that i'd RATHER face tacts who are chaining me down faster. You are building my low end for me, you are seting me up so when i chain you im actually able to finish off chains better because i have that extra 1-2-3 small attackers. THose small attackers may not have enough offense to break hybrids or t/m's but they are perfect for chaining pure attackers. And if each of my chains ends with you at 400 after incoming land but your chains end with me at 500 after incoming guess what im gaining an advantage.
    Last edited by Persain; 15-08-2017 at 00:15.

^^^
    this here is so right im crying
    :-)

ahh thanks for the feed back i reckon i made a wrong start then....
    as of this moment my builds are
    Banks 24.5%
    guilds 37%
    towers 17.5%
    Labs 20%
    1% inprogress

Quote Originally Posted by Agrath View Post
    ahh thanks for the feed back i reckon i made a wrong start then....
    as of this moment my builds are
    Banks 24.5%
    guilds 37%
    towers 17.5%
    Labs 20%
    1% inprogress
    Depends on if you are warring oop :-) if you are staying out of it for a while that works very nice!

More science is good and if you should get new acres in or (as i suspect) you notice you have a lot of gold lying around you can always convert banks to more guilds or universities. When you are all trained you dont have much use of gold out of war, mostly just sets you up to be plundered.

Veteran
    Persain, are you trolling or do you really not see the use of getting your second wave in before your opponent's so you can use your highest offense attackers in more t/m hits before they get chained? (Not before min time, before your opponent's second wave!) Or being able to hit in between your opponents attacks so you're hitting their lowered defense on army out vs them being forced to hit your higher defense on army in? Or the other tact bonusses, clear sight and not losing thieves on intel are not useful in your opinion either?
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Enthusiast
    Tact a garbage pick?
    Yeah.. thats some stupid with bacon on it right there.

Tact with -attack time bonus, only needing 1 thief for intel (no losses), and CS is incredible for an attacker in a warring kingdom.
    Attacking speed is god for undead... if your worried about getting out of sync with your other non tacts, add hour or two.. voila now your speed bonus is a gains bonus.

You like Undead Mage.. but find Undead tact garbage.. are you drunk?
    Last edited by tiggis; 15-08-2017 at 12:48.
    Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

"If you have a problem with a post then use the report button.

24 hour ban for arguing with me. This isn't a democracy." - Bishop

Thread Information