Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UD/mystic build

Regular
    You just need to realize, that you are not a full mage. With 3 wpa and some science investment you end up with 7-8 mod wpa. That is enough to fireball people down, give max duration greed, expose thieves, etc. These spells usually eat up mana from full mages. Undead Mystic is a synergy monster that you need to incorporate into a kingdom strategy.
    edit: And if you get chained and need to get rid of a few wizards, just relaese them into peasents and cast townwatch.
    Last edited by MeIkor; 23-08-2017 at 13:06.

I think UD/Mystic is working out pretty well so far.. luckily.

in war build is something like this for me
    20 homes
    20 towers
    7 stables
    3 banks
    25 rex
    15 guilds
    2 dungeons
    8 inprog

runes were an issue.... goin for higher wpa and with more towers... thieves will surely steal them... and if increase my tpa. i compromised on my off
    started the war with like 7-8 dspecs/acre

could not maximize my draft i reckon it was 60% at the start....

pretty good econ as i took someone's advise and maintained at the middle of the pack... seemed less of a threat....

Enthusiast
    So alot of undead mystics this age I have noticed. Down side I see vs them is they have no runes to do anything. So basically they have no personality bonus besides defense vs nm runs. But they have 10 to 20% less offense vs there counter part undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrath View Post

20 homes
    20 towers
    7 stables
    3 banks
    25 rex
    15 guilds
    2 dungeons
    8 inprog

runes were an issue.... goin for higher wpa and with more towers... thieves will surely steal them... and if increase my tpa. i compromised on my off

pretty good econ as i took someone's advise and maintained at the middle of the pack... seemed less of a threat....
    Build strat doesnt seem that sound for a WB to me even it UD/mys... why run heavy homes and no TGs in war? Why not do a heavy pump with homes before war and drop homes and add TGs. You should still have adequate wpa but will be able to draft and train deeper and add to your offense and become a more viable attacker.

And you say your thieves will steal runes? Youre undead mystic...no they wont. Undeads only have intel ops unless youre rogue, unless you dont even know what youre playing then this thread is completely pointless...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Build strat doesnt seem that sound for a WB to me even it UD/mys... why run heavy homes and no TGs in war? Why not do a heavy pump with homes before war and drop homes and add TGs. You should still have adequate wpa but will be able to draft and train deeper and add to your offense and become a more viable attacker.

And you say your thieves will steal runes? Youre undead mystic...no they wont. Undeads only have intel ops unless youre rogue, unless you dont even know what youre playing then this thread is completely pointless...
    I meant OTHER thieves will steal MY runes....relax...

as for the homes to be converted into TG.... there was not enough $$ for that..... but that's a good thought... might just use that idea later if have time to convert builds..

I meant OTHER thieves will steal MY runes....relax...

as for the homes to be converted into TG.... there was not enough $$ for that..... but that's a good thought... might just use that idea later if have time to convert builds..
    That makes sense then...scared me a bit.

Does your kd not aid to help out with gc or are you in a ghetto? Playing ud mystic in a ghetto is a waste if youre playing for yourself and not the kd. If youre in need of gc in a ghetto plunder out, add 4hrs to your hit time for the gains, and speed build w/bb for your build swap.
    - unknown

That makes sense then...scared me a bit.

Does your kd not aid to help out with gc or are you in a ghetto? Playing ud mystic in a ghetto is a waste if youre playing for yourself and not the kd. If youre in need of gc in a ghetto plunder out, add 4hrs to your hit time for the gains, and speed build w/bb for your build swap.
    I am playing in a KD =D

They do but i was already in debt and i knew that once in war... that debt will get larger. I found that i was unable to have the largest off power.... but then with MS i was barely able to break their toppers... the idea of swapping out homes for TG is sound. Might just do that... still experimenting...

Any thoughts of putting lab back in? How important are they?

I am playing in a KD =D

They do but i was already in debt and i knew that once in war... that debt will get larger. I found that i was unable to have the largest off power.... but then with MS i was barely able to break their toppers... the idea of swapping out homes for TG is sound. Might just do that... still experimenting...

Any thoughts of putting lab back in? How important are they?
    You had the largest offense without TGs??? We need to war lol. Labs in war? 100% completely useless. Only run oow or in eowcf. No room for them in war. And with MS keep your troops out especially your elites, wont hurt them if they aint home.
    - unknown

Regular

20 homes
    20 towers
    7 stables
    3 banks
    25 rex
    15 guilds
    2 dungeons
    8 inprog

20% homes seem like an overkill, 15% guilds is too much as mystic, 20% towers is not enough to use your mana.

1. I would invest 30 scientists in production and channeling. 3-4 raw wpa are enough to fireball to your hearts desire and ET Rogues.

Building strategy: I would go for
    10% homes
    10% guilds
    3% rax for a little less than 12h attack times.
    10% banks
    depending on your kingdoms strat 15% GS or TG
    15% WTs
    29% towers (with +100% production science bonus)
    1% dungeons
    7% stables (I would convert them into GS/TG/Hospitals when he hit 11.x hours attack times. Just make sure your horses return after the tick)

You need to be active and use uo your runes regulary. Even if you just expose thieves you can be a real pain for the other kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by MeIkor View Post
    20% homes seem like an overkill, 15% guilds is too much as mystic, 20% towers is not enough to use your mana.

1. I would invest 30 scientists in production and channeling. 3-4 raw wpa are enough to fireball to your hearts desire and ET Rogues.

Building strategy: I would go for
    10% homes
    10% guilds
    3% rax for a little less than 12h attack times.
    10% banks
    depending on your kingdoms strat 15% GS or TG
    15% WTs
    29% towers (with +100% production science bonus)
    1% dungeons
    7% stables (I would convert them into GS/TG/Hospitals when he hit 11.x hours attack times. Just make sure your horses return after the tick)
    I disagree with your build. 3% rax wont gain you crap. And 29% towers is a complete overkill. Guild % for a mystic needs to be higher. 15% is just fine, 12% towers and 13% TG's. UD/Mystic will never be a full TM so don't treat it as one. Keep enough raw WPA to do good NM runs, as thats pretty much the only thing they will be good for. With your TG's you will be able to maintain a good 150-170opa and decent WPA to be a true effective A/M.
    - unknown

Regular
    I disagree with your build. 3% rax wont gain you crap. And 29% towers is a complete overkill. Guild % for a mystic needs to be higher. 15% is just fine, 12% towers and 13% TG's. UD/Mystic will never be a full TM so don't treat it as one. Keep enough raw WPA to do good NM runs, as thats pretty much the only thing they will be good for. With your TG's you will be able to maintain a good 150-170opa and decent WPA to be a true effective A/M.
    Without rax you end up with exactly 12h attack times. Since you need to prepare your attack, you need a few more minutes. 3% rax give you these minutes to prepare and stay within 12h. Mystic guilds have double effect. 10% give max duration spells. 29% Towers are an overkill? You cleary have ne clue about undeads mana regenration.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clairec View Post
    Why is tact garbage? Newish player here and genuinely curious.
    Its not hun, relatively speaking, tact grants you more attack windows, increasing conversion even more so than WH does. CS coupled with the fact you can snatch intel with 1 thief allows you to sustain tpa for defensive purposes and also freely gather intel for the whole kd during war if you have 2-3 tacts, no matter the race.

in comparison, hitting the 30% conversion given by war hero is a pipe dream, as the actual steps needed to have max conversion can barely happen in any war where you have a kd wide strat unless you go rogue and just rando hit for best gains, expect to be razed in eowcf lol.

Tact though allows you to run less rax and/or make more attacks than a WH with the same rax %; more attacks means more conversions more so than less attacks with a higher(albeit almost impossible) conversion rate.

On topic, we are doing great with 1 UD tact and 4 UD mystics, freeing up our tms to deal with actual clinch casting, while the UDs cover MS, Greed and Chastity on opposing attackers, with the possible NM wave play if needed. with our ORC/Dryad breaker set up, theyre relatively low on the chain list, so like sleeper offense growing while still maintaining less diluted wpa to at least cover blanket spell ops

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 28-08-2017 at 19:02. Reason: typo queen xD

Quote Originally Posted by MeIkor View Post
    Without rax you end up with exactly 12h attack times. Since you need to prepare your attack, you need a few more minutes. 3% rax give you these minutes to prepare and stay within 12h. Mystic guilds have double effect. 10% give max duration spells. 29% Towers are an overkill? You cleary have ne clue about undeads mana regenration.
    You must be smoking something great. 10% does NOT give max duration spells. I suggest you read this link. http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...mining_Success School yourself there buddy. Better yet, let my UD/mys fight you and your UD/mys and see who has the better show off.
    Last edited by umajon911; 28-08-2017 at 19:07. Reason: The term "high" can be considered aggressive
    - unknown

Veteran
    You must be high. 10% does NOT give max duration spells. I suggest you read this link. http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...mining_Success School yourself there buddy. Better yet, let my UD/mys fight you and your UD/mys and see who has the better show off.
    From the link posted:

" The percentage of guilds the casting province has, with no additional effect for amounts over 20%."

From the final changes under the mystic:

" All Guilds are 100% more effective"

So how much do you think you get when doubling 10%?
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    From the link posted:

" The percentage of guilds the casting province has, with no additional effect for amounts over 20%."

From the final changes under the mystic:

" All Guilds are 100% more effective"

So how much do you think you get when doubling 10%?
    Ok for UD/mys then yes run 10% guilds...but 29% towers? Seriously?
    - unknown

Thread Information