Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: UD/mystic build

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    you should probably edited out the "you high?!" comment to make your mistake seem less aggressive lol bc yes a mystic with 10%+guilds has max duration potential. hence why our mystics run 11-12% only in war. 29% towers off the day 1 is kinda high, but ive had over 20% towers deep into war on both a ud tact and warrior build to fix tb and help our tms convert more offense while still having the runes to cover spell ops.

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 28-08-2017 at 19:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies are people too View Post
    you should probably edited out the "you high?!" comment to make your mistake seem less aggressive lol bc yes a mystic with 10%+guilds has max duration potential. hence why our mystics run 11-12% only in war.

-DM <3
    When I typed that, forgot it was a "UD" thread.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Enthusiast
    Anyone that actually thinks undead mystic is a good combo is a noob. :) yes I am just trolling but seriously it's not a good combo. Also yes the kingdom I am runs undead mystics. Main draw back they will never be able to produce runes capable of being a successful tms.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    Anyone that actually thinks undead mystic is a good combo is a noob. :) yes I am just trolling but seriously it's not a good combo. Also yes the kingdom I am runs undead mystics. Main draw back they will never be able to produce runes capable of being a successful tms.
    Run 29% towers and take away from your offensive capability...duh!
    - unknown

Regular
    Last time you replyed you didnt even remember that we are talking about undead/mystic strats here and I think - while writing your new reply - you forgot again! If you want to play a pure attacker, by all means, dont chose undead mystic. Choose undead warrior or orc cleric or something else that helps with your offense and attacking. But this thread is about undead mystic and as such you have totally different options. The bonus of channeling science gives you the ability to cast upon attackers with a high success rate and the additional mana gives you the ability to have major control against opponents peasents (fireball) and thieves stealth (expose thieves). These are instant damage spells, so you dont even need 10% guilds for max effects and these spells need less runes than MS for example, so about 30% towers with channeling investment even is enough.
    You need to broaden your view of the province a little bit and see things at a kingdom level where you need different jobs done. Not everything in a successful kingdom is about max opa. But to go with these strengths you need A LOT of runes. Several people here talk about the main weakness of U/M strat: not enough runes. It is because people do what they always do and dont calculate. As U/M you need your sciences in channeling and production. Yes you loose offense, but you still have enough offense to heavily help with chains. You also help your T/M a lot. U/M are wonders concerning efficiency, they dont max opa, wpa and stuff. You really need to define your place in the kingdom and think and calculate your strat through.
    edit: I wanted to reply to umajon911, sorry :)
    Last edited by MeIkor; 28-08-2017 at 19:36.

Very subjective; you're running UD mystic solo in a ghetto? yeah probably not the best option. Running a core UD mystic of 4-5 provs and you have ridiculous NM and MS potential.

-DM <3

Enthusiast
    Honestly anything can work in the right setup but is it optimal? I just don't see it, undead rune supply is just too easy to cut off. Raze, greater arson, stealing, ext. Only thing I could see undead mystics doing well is defending vs nm. But something like dark elf rogue, mystic, tact, plad, warrior, ect would do much better. But sure anything can work, undead mystic sounds fun outside of war but no way it competes without help from a true tms in war as a mystic.

Honestly anything can work in the right setup but is it optimal? I just don't see it, undead rune supply is just too easy to cut off. Raze, greater arson, stealing, ext. Only thing I could see undead mystics doing well is defending vs nm. But something like dark elf rogue, mystic, tact, plad, warrior, ect would do much better. But sure anything can work, undead mystic sounds fun outside of war but no way it competes without help from a true tms in war as a mystic.
    Forest for the trees hun; yes a DE Mystic will out OP an Undead Mystic, but freeing up your tms to focus ops on other tms while your Undead Mystics are upkeeping MS, Greed, Storms, Chastity etc on attackers is clinch in the right set up.
    The ability to organize full NM waves with the right resource allocation works also. Im not saying an Undead Mystic is able to log in, use their runes and mana like a true tm, but they can be utilized very well with all ospec armiees day1, smal rune production and aid. by day 3, theyre solid A/ms breaking chains because your opponent was too busy trying to op the tms and chain the orcs and dryads. Theyre sleeper hits, seriously. Our Undead mystic core won us our first war.

-DM <3

Just won our 2nd war. Their core was UD/Mystic who were loaded with runes. We were able to quickly control their rune supply and gain the eco advantage and effectively defeat their core with a more suitable UD, Orc, Dryad core. Their UD Mystics could not sustain OR had the offense to compete or gain the advantage. Im not saying it cant be done, but I have yet to see it. And yes our kd runs a mix of ud/wh and ud/mys.
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MeIkor View Post
    20% homes seem like an overkill, 15% guilds is too much as mystic, 20% towers is not enough to use your mana.

1. I would invest 30 scientists in production and channeling. 3-4 raw wpa are enough to fireball to your hearts desire and ET Rogues.

Building strategy: I would go for
    10% homes
    10% guilds
    3% rax for a little less than 12h attack times.
    10% banks
    depending on your kingdoms strat 15% GS or TG
    15% WTs
    29% towers (with +100% production science bonus)
    1% dungeons
    7% stables (I would convert them into GS/TG/Hospitals when he hit 11.x hours attack times. Just make sure your horses return after the tick)

You need to be active and use uo your runes regulary. Even if you just expose thieves you can be a real pain for the other kingdom.
    Reckon u're right about the homes... i could had converted them slowly to TG which i did not think about
    towers yes... even at 20% towers... i still had so much mana....even after blanketing MS on the other KD....

Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    You had the largest offense without TGs??? We need to war lol. Labs in war? 100% completely useless. Only run oow or in eowcf. No room for them in war. And with MS keep your troops out especially your elites, wont hurt them if they aint home.
    LOL i did have the largest offense at the end of the war..... 20% towers were not enough.... reckon i'd run 25% and swap some homes for TG... i played more of a supporting attacker at the start so was not really targetted as much compared to pure attackers... our orc and dyrad players had way more off than i did at the start....

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies are people too View Post
    Forest for the trees hun; yes a DE Mystic will out OP an Undead Mystic, but freeing up your tms to focus ops on other tms while your Undead Mystics are upkeeping MS, Greed, Storms, Chastity etc on attackers is clinch in the right set up.
    The ability to organize full NM waves with the right resource allocation works also. Im not saying an Undead Mystic is able to log in, use their runes and mana like a true tm, but they can be utilized very well with all ospec armiees day1, smal rune production and aid. by day 3, theyre solid A/ms breaking chains because your opponent was too busy trying to op the tms and chain the orcs and dryads. Theyre sleeper hits, seriously. Our Undead mystic core won us our first war.

-DM <3
    i think lots of ppl underestimate U/M seeing them as not that big of a threat to chain or op....
    since the many "weaknesses" like lower off points, not REALly a T/M and further more... chain hitting a U/M may get plagued....

Reckon this "weakness' is what makes the U/M underestimated. let them free to cast spells as well as make small not threatening hits..... to a point where credits in are thrown in to offspecs to maintain off points....and the off points only gets larger over the course of the war..... i think U/M is a good combo to pick because it makes an enemy KD "work hard" to really bring them down.....

Undead Mystic,

Playing one this age myself. From the choices for undead: Warhero seems the best, next seems like mystic and third rogue arguably.

For builds it depends on your goal at that stage, if the above mentioned build..

20 homes
    20 towers
    7 stables
    3 banks
    25 rex
    15 guilds
    2 dungeons
    8 inprog

I run nothing similar to that in war. In war you play as an attacker and wait to be chained to go into high damage role with runes aided to you, if you have the dark elf support.

I run around 10 ospa/elite, 8 dspa, 3-4 wpa, 1-2 tpa whatever is left is ppa.

Homes : 10
    Training Grounds: 10
    Rax: 10
    GS: 10 (only used when I get above 1k acres or higher and depending on my size reference to rest of kingdom, if under and not in the top 5 biggest I add those to training grounds or hospitals).
    Hospitals: 15
    Guilds: 10
    Towers: 15
    WTs: 10
    Stables: 7
    Dungeons: 3

Start of war, focus mana and runes on expose thieves on bocans. Gives you honor, reduces their abilities to hurt your pure TMs or attackers with ops and its a cheap spell to help in the support of the kingdom. Once chained and runes can be added you become a LL beast. If runes cannot be aided than fb a high peasant province (not an avian) since fb are much cheaper than LL. The undead mystic is built for instant spells, not duration spells like MS. As you grow and get hit your percentage of building unbuilt or in progress goes up and down. Need above 8% guilds to be semi effective with duration spells. Dont need guilds to cast instant since it goes by WPA and not Guild %.

Those are my thoughts and it was interesting reading about tacticians. I read a lot of good points, but in my opinion undead warhero greater than undead tactician in most scenarios and tact is best with avains but cleric is even better. The argument is that there is always something better to use than the tact. Its not that it is garbage but it is never a number 1 choice with any race.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -George S. Patton

Regular
    If you run UD Mystics you will lose against any decent war KD.
    Thank me later :D

It´s not a decent combo. It can do some stuff but there are better options. As mage you want to be able to steal, not beg for runes.
    Last edited by Suur; 09-09-2017 at 13:18.

You are missing the point, its not a mage. Undead Mystic is an attacker. You play it as an attacker, you just have a bit better wpa than most but far less than a mage. You are more or less chain bait so you become more powerful with instant spells damage. Undead in general cannot steal, which is a major down fall with the inability to build elites.

Let me repeat, Undead Mystic isn't meant to be played as a pure mage. Yes there are plenty of other combos out there, I play a different combo each age. Why limit yourself to just some possibilities? Good players can take any combo and make it work, there is always something better usually. Sorry you are weak minded to see the point and think that your decent war kingdom will simply win because one person in the kingdom is undead mystic. How naive are you?
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -George S. Patton

Thread Information