Thread: Paladin Build Thoughts

Paladin Build Thoughts

I am looking at playing either a Faery Paladin or and Undead Paladin this age and I am pretty new to the game having only played last age, and a human tactician at that. I like the concept of the Paladin buffing teammates and while I haven't figured out which race I want yet, I figured in the early game they should operate pretty similarly(I may be underestimating the extra mana from UD, but IDK). I was thinking a high percentage of guilds maybe 50-60% along with 10% homes, 10% farms and 20% towers to start? Put science in to production and channeling and build defensive military units first while aiming for 2-3 TPA? What do people think of what I have? Let me know your thoughts and we can have a solid informational thread!

Veteran
    With faery vs undead, I'd go for faery. Undead can get disabled more easily and has less good spells to share.

For build, out of war go for as many guilds as you can stick on your province, the above works for oop. Later, you'll want more guilds when you're not warring. I aimed for 7 wpa, 7 tpa and 12-16 epa (depending on honour) last age. Would aim for 4-5 tpa for your first war. You have access to both clear sight and illuminate, so in most wars, you won't need watch towers and can get thieves dens to mod your tpa aswell, making you effective with both thievery and magic.

As for science, start out with 8 in production and the rest into alchemy (to train up). Once you find a war, switch all from alchemy to channeling. After that war, I'd switch all to population; that was the first one I maxed last age as a faery paladin followed by channeling, crime, military, production (didn't manage to finish the last 2).

As a faery paladin, prepare for very little sleep. Your teammates will call you in the middle of the night for support spells. I had wars last age that lasted for over a week where I slept 1,5-3 hours a night cause people kept waking me up for bloodlust/town watch/reflect magic etc. Even out of war, your rest isn't as important to them as getting revelation on their provinces.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Thank you so much for the great info. I saw your post in your end of age thread for 72 and was amazed at what you pulled off. I'm ready for no sleep, fortunately we have an extra UD pally in the KD. I'm curious to have a general idea of the buildings we care about, is it basically just a split between homes/farms/guilds/towers/TDs? Or is there room for forts or other buildings in there both in and out of war?

Sorry to bother again, but do you have any recommendations for oow and in war builds? I find myself starting this age scrambling for defense as I think my kd and I grew much too quickly. I haven't razed anything yet and have been working towards something like the following:

10% Homes
    10% Farms
    10% Banks
    15% Forts
    25% Guilds
    15% Towers
    10% Thieves Dens
    5% Stables
    I am going to venture that this is probably a terrible build oow. What are your thoughts?

Regular
    I am running 35% Homes, 25% Banks, 25% Guilds, 15% Towers coming fresh OOP. And its working enough so far.

But I have always been a fan of home+bank combo to manage economy.

Age 63: Undead/Merch

Age 73: Undead/Paladin

Thread Information