Thread: Undead Popularity

Post Fiend

Undead Popularity

You really need to figure out a way to make undead so damn popular every, single age.

Coming from somebody that loves undead, but 33% of the entire server is a tad much.

Post Fiend
    That's why nearly all the orcs went cleric!

Racial changes were terrible (so we're the rest).

I can only assume this age is intended to punish people for playing.

Enthusiast
    Fort was removed and undead have build offense by attacking. So it's kind of a no brainer honestly. Plus undead have really good numbers as well this age. But nothing better in the ghetto then fighting with undead.

Enthusiast
    Most common race choice for rogue is undead also.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Undead has always been a popular race. Regardless of any statistics it's easy to play and maintain. If you remove those appeals then you might as well remove undead as a race.

Seems they are removing everthing else so why not remove undead next age and just make them "dead"
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Forum Addict
    They had Undead right with the 8/0 offspec and the 9/3 elite in the initial changes offering.

They royally blew it (probably from the urging of players with leverage) when they revised the changes and then didn't fix their mistake to give us the current form of the Undead.

Called it here:

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...5#post15443025

and stand by it with the outcome clear.

Not surprising that the next two most popular attacking-based races mostly went Cleric. The Devs are making the classic mistakes of controlling (for no apparent reason) the layout of this age by guiding players into choices through only giving them one good option per race.

Wanna play Orc? You have to be Cleric because there are too many Undead.

Wanna play Avian? You have to be Cleric because there are too many Undead.

Wanna play any other attacker-based race? Well clearly not, since all three of those races only make up 11% of the server population.

Just when Affairs of the State seems to shed light on so many promising things, when it came time to put those words into action, they came out looking very different. Right now David and Jeff are looking more like politicians trying to get into office than devs of a game at a crucial turning point. ;)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Undead has always been a popular race. Regardless of any statistics it's easy to play and maintain. If you remove those appeals then you might as well remove undead as a race.
    You did that with the other races though, you killed them off by making them unplayable, there was only a few options for attackers this age and as mentioned because of the overwhelming undeads we've gone cleric, not by choice but by necessity...clearly you're missing the point, give us choice by making the other races more appealing otherwise most will go undead! In which case what's the point of the other races?

You messed up with dwarf for example, only 50 odd dwarves on the entire server should be a big red warning sign that you didn't make them appealing enough to play! So it's not about tweeking undeads it's about making the other races more playable!

You gave us new races recently, but they aren't viable options for a warring kd, not really, dryads too slow, you gave them QF but nerfed tactician, bocan can't attack and dark elf might be ok at start of age but will quickly struggle to play attacker later on, so you reduced the number of viable attacking races no wonder +35% of the server is undead and the rest of the attackers are clerics!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Just to be clear, I did nothing. I'm a forum mod lol

Enthusiast
    Everyone knows you are the one who really pulls the strings.

Post Fiend
    by you I was referring to the developers and not you specifically, sorry for that confusion :)

“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Thread Information