Thread: why isn't there an in-game ambush calculator?

Post Fiend

why isn't there an in-game ambush calculator?

Someone in my kd just asked me if there was an up to date age 73 ambush calculator and I said don't think so, the the question is, why not have an in-game one which would make life so much easier, or is it that you just want to make it difficult for people who aren't mathematically inclined?

If you look down your nose at someone else's intellectual ability then that's really quite appalling, not everyone is good at math, everyone has weaknesses and strengths and I don't see why this game should penalise those that may struggle with manual calculations of ambushes especially if you are trying to attack before the next tick.

You want more players, you want people to stick around then make the game more accessible and playable, if you are going to include ambush as an attack then give us an in-game calculator.

I suspect the real reason is that if you provide one no one will fail an ambush, thus making ambushes over-powerful? That argument might stick if munk didn't have an ambush calculator and I suspect lots of kds now have munk and it's been integrated as part of the game now, albeit still an external tool. But not everyone has munk, so those of us that don't are at a distinct disadvantage, unless that's the intention and you actually want us to subscribe to munk?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Take off the tin foil hat and take a couple breaths.

If you switch your attack to ambush, the in game attack calculator switches to ambush calculations.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Take off the tin foil hat and take a couple breaths.

If you switch your attack to ambush, the in game attack calculator switches to ambush calculations.
    TFW you realise you made a rude ranty post last at night...sorry, this came across as quite angry for some reason, I know I was tired and it was late but thought I had expressed myself quite differently, apologies. And thanks for taking it so well! I've taken off my tin foil hat now and I'm breathing innnn and ooout! :)

Back to ambush, when you switch to ambush yes you plug in your ambush defs in relevant field but that still requires manual calculations to obtain the defs required to ambush. Yes not difficult, maybe display the calculation in war room when you switch to ambush? That way stops people constantly asking how to calculate ambush or just put a link to ambush formula in guide in war room when you switch to ambush?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I think the idea is that players should know the basic mechanics of the game.

That being said, I don't see any reason to not include ambush def in an SoM

**** it. Just remove all numbers from the game.

Game should prompt you with a message before any action "do you want this to succeed?" and if you press yes it does every time.

Post Fiend

great idea!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    **** it. Just remove all numbers from the game.

Game should prompt you with a message before any action "do you want this to succeed?" and if you press yes it does every time.
    If you can give me one legitimate reason that giving ambush values on SoM is at all any different than giving Defense at home values on SoM, I'll totally and fully support your rejection of this suggestion.

Thread Information