Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Destroy Ritual spell

Post Demon
    oh nice I was wondering how it would be possible to determine who got 10 breakers cast already, sounds like it is automatic and there was no need to worry. I hope if they want to remove stances altogether they will make rituals possible as cast x number of provinces for less than 20 man kingdoms.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    I assume you can still successfully cast it, it just won't have any effect. No safety net on casting unnecessary spells.
    The game wouldn't let him cast it

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    So our opponents destroyed our ritual but we can't destroy theirs? Wtf is wrong with these crap game mechanics.
    Rituals will remain with KD for minimum 48 hours even if you destroy it early. Perhaps that is what is happening here.

Post Demon
    which ritual get destroyed on a reflect I wonder

Regular
    Probably the same as land lust

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    So our opponents destroyed our ritual but we can't destroy theirs? Wtf is wrong with these crap game mechanics.
    What are you referring to specifically?

If you managed to perform enough damage to their Ritual and it is not destroyed then it has not been active for greater than 48 hours, which could also be evidenced by taking an SoT.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    What are you referring to specifically?

If you managed to perform enough damage to their Ritual and it is not destroyed then it has not been active for greater than 48 hours, which could also be evidenced by taking an SoT.
    Yeah it wasn't working earlier in the age and when I read the changes wasn't clearly stated. I get it now though, sorry to rage. Just how I am, I spend way to much time playing utopia take it a little to serously. Lol

Regular
    DavidC what about in my case where the game said "Province (XX:XX) can't be targeted"?

our opponent ended up destroying our ritual starting with ops in a dragged out-hostile to midway in war

it was devastating scenario where much resources in war were sucked up trying to get a new one off the ground...truly an underrated concept
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Quote Originally Posted by cnt View Post
    DavidC what about in my case where the game said "Province (XX:XX) can't be targeted"?
    Probably already maxed out teh rituals you can cast at them.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Probably already maxed out teh rituals you can cast at them.
    DavidC already explained that it could be cast more than 10 times on a province.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    The Ritual Strength displayed on the SoT is not tied to the Abolish Ritual spell. I will admit, the descriptions used for some of the Ritual stuff does need improvement and hope to have this resolved in the near future.

Let me see if I can clarify some points, please ask more questions if further clarification is needed:
    - Rituals last for 120 days (real life hours) as a maximum
    - Rituals last for a minimum of 48 days (real life hours)
    - The Abolish Ritual spell does not reduce the days a Ritual has left
    - The Ritual Strength as displayed on the Throne page does not actually have a function yet
    - Ritual Strength on the Throne page is probably not the best word to describe the intended (eventual) function of this indicator, effectiveness is probably a better word
    - Rituals should be considered to have 'Hit Points', or Health. This Health is not displayed to enemies, but can be found on your Ritual Status page and is called 'damage' (there is actually a disclaimer found there that describes how it works)
    - Abolish Ritual can be cast on any enemy province (with Unfriendly or higher relations only) any amount of times
    - Abolish Ritual will only increase damage to the Kingdom Ritual for the first 10 successful casts on any one enemy province, i.e. you can't destroy a ritual by casting Abilish Ritual on the same province over and over, only 10 casts are effective on a single province
    - Abolish Ritual when cast successfully adds 2 points of damage
    - A ritual is destroyed when the damage reaches 100 (note that the Ritual must also be at least 48 days old, or it will persist until the 48th day then be removed)
    - Abolish Ritual when cast successfully has 4 possible displays to the person performing the operation, these are as follows: 1) Success 2) Success but not effective (cast on a province that already has 10 casts on it) 3) Success but no Ritual on Kingdom 4) Success AND Ritual has been destroyed. THEREFORE, it is important to read the message that is displayed when casting Abolish Ritual

TL:DR
    There is no way to know how much damage you've done to a Ritual unless you track it yourself
    50 successful casts of Abolish Ritual are required to destroy a Ritual, only the 50th cast will alert you the Ritual has been destroyed
    You need to cast Abolish ritual on a minimum of 5 players to destroy it (10 casts is the maximum per province that will perform damage)
    It's important to read the message displayed when casting Abolish Ritual
    From there in particular:
    - Abolish Ritual can be cast on any enemy province (with Unfriendly or higher relations only) any amount of times
    - Abolish Ritual will only increase damage to the Kingdom Ritual for the first 10 successful casts on any one enemy province, i.e. you can't destroy a ritual by casting Abilish Ritual on the same province over and over, only 10 casts are effective on a single province

Veteran
    This spell is expensive, difficult and not very worthwhile.
    Long live Mehul!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    This spell is expensive, difficult and not very worthwhile.
    For 1/3 the cost of a ritual you can destroy your opponents ritual when it's at 60% left. It's decent, just an investment is all.

Ya it has its place, definitely not going to be using it every War/Hostile, but there are time when it can make a difference

Veteran
    Very much depends on your kd setup whether it can be useful or not. We planned to destroy opposing rituals and tweaked our kd setup towards that.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Thread Information