Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Destroy Ritual spell

Veteran
    It's finally available. Right when opposing ritual is almost expired anyway. (Posing here since we're not allowed to spam the bugs forum even though it wasnt really spam, just asking for updates and trying to make sure the issue is noticed as no communication was given about the issue)
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Post Fiend
    I have a question about ritual

We are covered by the Affluent ritual with 75.8% strength left! The ritual will be lifted in 23 days.

Cast spell. Success.

We are covered by the Affluent ritual with 75.8% strength left! The ritual will be lifted in 23 days.

Whattup? It doesnt lower their strength? How does that work?
    Regards,

NighT

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    I have a question about ritual

Cast spell. Success.

Whattup? It doesnt lower their strength? How does that work?
    Regards,

NighT
    its listed on the ritual status tab..

Our kingdom is covered by the xxxx ritual. It was started xx days ago and will be lifted in xx days.
    XXX% strength is left.
    0% destroyed. (At 100% ritual is destroyed if age is more than 48 days)

as u cast on the enemy that # goes up

Post Fiend
    Note, this was the sot-ritual it showed. This was not on my own KD page.

I took a sot, saw their strength. Cast the removal spell, and then cast it again. No difference.
    Regards,

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NighT View Post
    Note, this was the sot-ritual it showed. This was not on my own KD page.

I took a sot, saw their strength. Cast the removal spell, and then cast it again. No difference.
    Regards,
    as i understand it:
    the word ritual strength is poorly used. the ritual str is used for both the 70-100 bar and for the 0-50 bar. one is life one is hit points. you do not affect the 70-100 ( the natural life of the rit) bar with the spell, but the hitpoints one (1-50), and thats the bar that you cannot see.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by drakon View Post
    as i understand it:
    the word ritual strength is poorly used. the ritual str is used for both the 70-100 bar and for the 0-50 bar. one is life one is hit points. you do not affect the 70-100 ( the natural life of the rit) bar with the spell, but the hitpoints one (1-50), and thats the bar that you cannot see.
    so you can destroy rituals now but there is no way to see how you are progressing in destroying said ritual?

seriously what the hell is going on with this game. David and Jeff please get it together. Stop incorporating half baked mechanics into the game which are clearly not well thought out... what the heck is going on?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Selephant View Post
    so you can destroy rituals now but there is no way to see how you are progressing in destroying said ritual?

seriously what the hell is going on with this game. David and Jeff please get it together. Stop incorporating half baked mechanics into the game which are clearly not well thought out... what the heck is going on?
    Until a few age ago, we all used external tools to track who we meteored and who's duration spells need updating... I'm sure we can manage coordinating this. If you want to complain about half baked mechanics, complain about them being introduced after many kd's already had their first war.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    Until a few age ago, we all used external tools to track who we meteored and who's duration spells need updating... I'm sure we can manage coordinating this. If you want to complain about half baked mechanics, complain about them being introduced after many kd's already had their first war.
    We use external tools because the game design and infrastructure was lacking. Don't use external tools to excuse poor game design. What purpose does the % strength of ritual indicator serve then?

Of course we can manage co-ordinating this. I'm not speaking for myself or my own kingdom, we'll be just fine with or without what should be obvious design implementation.

I'm remarking on the concept as a whole Nox. The implementation of ritual destruction has been mishandled from first inception.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Selephant View Post
    We use external tools because the game design and infrastructure was lacking. Don't use external tools to excuse poor game design. What purpose does the % strength of ritual indicator serve then?

Of course we can manage co-ordinating this. I'm not speaking for myself or my own kingdom, we'll be just fine with or without what should be obvious design implementation.

I'm remarking on the concept as a whole Nox. The implementation of ritual destruction has been mishandled from first inception.
    Perhaps one should not mix two seperate problems: implementation of the destruction spell, and a concept of knowning what HP ritual has. Afterall, it is a similar problem with dragons we have had... we do have a meter, but cant see who has funded/sent what, and we cant check HP on our dragon sent. Both would be nice imo. Could be nice with a "Spy on Dragon", to see HP, and/or funded amount... and maybe a "Spy on Ritual"? But would be a tricky implementation aswell, perhaps, as it might be a too powerful of an op if it can be landed on a chained target with 0 thief by just about anyone(?).

Postaholic
    Has anyone actually successfully destroyed a ritual yet?

Regular
    So I made a tool that tracks and summarizes all of our ops as they happen. This war we are destroying their rituals, and we have 7-8 potential targets that we are casting abolish on. Some of our players forgot check the tool before doing the spell. They cast it on a two different provinces who had it cast on them already 10 times and surprisingly enough they're were able to get an 11th cast off... Now my understanding is that you are not allowed to do this. Also, on the same ritual, we had a player cast it while the defending province only had it 9 times cast on them and the game blocked the action from happening... what's going on here?

Enthusiast

Regular
    who me?

if that was directed to me, I just read that post and that doesn't explain why one of our players got the message "Province (XX:XX) can't be targeted".
    Last edited by cnt; 17-09-2017 at 06:16.

I assume you can still successfully cast it, it just won't have any effect. No safety net on casting unnecessary spells.

Enthusiast
    So our opponents destroyed our ritual but we can't destroy theirs? Wtf is wrong with these crap game mechanics.

Thread Information