Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KD Size

KD Size

Reduce by 5-10 to 15-20 provs per kingdom. Tighten up. Creates more kingdoms, more competition. BUT, may give rise to more conglomerates. I'd prefer the change anyway.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by rea1neat View Post
    Reduce by 5-10 to 15-20 provs per kingdom. Tighten up. Creates more kingdoms, more competition. BUT, may give rise to more conglomerates. I'd prefer the change anyway.
    Problem is the same one that always comes up when this is suggested. Quite a few folks play because of the community of their KD, which may be more than 20 provinces. I for one probably wouldn't play if it weren't for the group of folks I've been playing with for 5+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Drys View Post
    Problem is the same one that always comes up when this is suggested. Quite a few folks play because of the community of their KD, which may be more than 20 provinces. I for one probably wouldn't play if it weren't for the group of folks I've been playing with for 5+ years.
    In all reality, having 25 players in 1 kd where you're all tight-knit is pretty rare I'd imagine. I believe most would do well with 20 prov kds.

3,475 provs according to in game survey. That's 139 kingdoms IF full at 25 provs per. I would like to know how many 25-man kds are out there. 3,475 players gives 173 kingdoms IF full at 20 provs per.

You're much more likely to have fuller kingdoms with a limit of 20 obviously. And we already know how important it is to have 25 players in a kd now to be very successful. A limit of 20 provs takes some power from the top, which I'm sure most would like to see.

Forum Fanatic
    Glad to see new people posting here.
    Problem with your idea is more kds dont make better kds. Most people either wont be monarch or dont know how which leads people in these smaller kds to get frustrated and quit.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder TA View Post
    Glad to see new people posting here.
    Problem with your idea is more kds dont make better kds. Most people either wont be monarch or dont know how which leads people in these smaller kds to get frustrated and quit.
    More kingdoms def have the potential to make MORE, better kingdoms. Creating more opportunity allows people the ability to learn monarchy/stewardship. It's trial and error learning this game. Actual noob players would be better able to succeed with smaller max size kingdoms where they can actually fill with players instead of being under 10 prov ghettoes that have literally zero chance of success.

I think that anyone against this idea is probably loving their established powerful kingdom positions...

More kingdoms def have the potential to make MORE, better kingdoms. Creating more opportunity allows people the ability to learn monarchy/stewardship. It's trial and error learning this game. Actual noob players would be better able to succeed with smaller max size kingdoms where they can actually fill with players instead of being under 10 prov ghettoes that have literally zero chance of success.

I think that anyone against this idea is probably loving their established powerful kingdom positions...
    Making smaller kingdoms wont magically create more leaders. There is plenty of opportunity to learn being a leader currently but thats just not happening.

I think you are just new to the game and have no grasp of Utopia at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Making smaller kingdoms wont magically create more leaders. There is plenty of opportunity to learn being a leader currently but thats just not happening.

I am not new what-so-ever. Making smaller kds, and therefore more kingdoms, that DOES by default force more leaders. Whether or not new leaders grow into ACTUAL leaders is different. This idea makes the overall community feel larger. Break up the top a bit so instead of 4-5 kds always cheat-competing for charts there can be 7-8 kds cheat-competing for top. More variety. And again, I think that anyone against this idea is probably loving their established powerful kingdom positions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post

That's a stretch and quite a swipe for no real reason.

Forum Fanatic
    No more a swipe than you keep making saying that people who dont agree with you is only because they love their established kds and that the top people always cheat.

No ones keeping you from making a kd and recruiting people to fill it ,Threads are always being made with people looking for a kd,recruit channels .Lots of ways.

Wanting the filled kds to be redone because they can recruit and your not is silly. Game takes work and recruiting is part of that.
    Last edited by Thunder TA; 19-08-2017 at 22:46.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

I am not new what-so-ever. Making smaller kds, and therefore more kingdoms, that DOES by default force more leaders. Whether or not new leaders grow into ACTUAL leaders is different. This idea makes the overall community feel larger. Break up the top a bit so instead of 4-5 kds always cheat-competing for charts there can be 7-8 kds cheat-competing for top. More variety. And again, I think that anyone against this idea is probably loving their established powerful kingdom positions...
    You are just bad, breaking up kds wont create leaders automatically. Yet again I think you're a new player that dont have the grasp nor the experince of Utopia to make such judgements you do. Learn to play the game.

I agree with the sentiment that more KDs won't necessarily help because you can't just expect leaders to pop out of nowhere.

But, I think there could be some flexibility with respect to KD size. The Walls cost seems a bit unjust to those who are trying to grow their new KD in a controlled manner...

Some ideas;
    -KDs under 15(# is up for discussion) provinces should not be able to put up the Wall
    ---they are also not able to grow/invite/recruit beyond 14 unless Monarchy enables it
    -Once a KD elects to grow beyond 14 the Wall becomes available
    -This option can only be reversed by reducing the KD roster to 0
    -for KDs over 15 the Wall functions normally, without it you fill up to 22 then have to recruit.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 20-08-2017 at 23:30.

Post Demon
    What would that accomplice exactly to remove the wall for smaller kingdoms, there are so few kingdoms under 22 this age mostly every one of us need to use the wall to stay that way.

Last age arround 20 kingdoms or more did not have a lot of players this age it is under 10. Personly everyone in my shell kingdom wanted to play with us because it is a shell and while we get a lot of hits and retal all day things would still be more crazy if we added 15 more players who might or might not be inactive. As the leader of that kingdom I can say for sure I would do a rather bad job if we had a full kingdom, arround 10-15 is at most what I can mannage on a decent level. Anything more and it would turn ghetto completely.

I know my limitations I have monarched full kingdoms before, it always turned bad after a few ages, I much more enjoyed monarching on the genesis server.

This is what I am saying with my suggestion... KDs under 15 could stay there, without having to use the Wall. But they also wouldn't be able to grow any larger until the Monarch enabled some new setting. At that point they would start to take on randoms, growing up to 22, unless they put up the Wall.

There seems to be some desire by players to play in smaller Kingdoms, but at the same time many are content with the current setup. I feel this is a fair compromise.

I believe it was recently added that people could request to be placed in a "fresh" KD as long as they had a few others who were going to join them. These KDs, along with random ghettos, or any mergers that don't populate a KD up to 15 provinces, would start in this 14-Province (# is up for discussion) mode. The Wall is not available to them, they cannot stop randoms from joining, but they could not grow over 14, as stated above, unless they specifically enabled it (one time, non-reversible).

This lets those who want to play in a smaller group try it out if they want to, and it has the added benefit for new KDs that they can stay in this 'incubator' state until they get a core of a dozen or so players that they are confident with. Rather than having 4-5 people try to form a KD, then get swamped by randoms, or penalized rather harshly for putting up the Wall.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Stop being condescending korp. You can explain why a suggestion is bad without insulting people.

Thread Information