16 19.51%
  • No...He did not

62 75.61%
  • I Dont know.

4 4.88%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So did Sparta Crown ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    When I judge core (me, personally) I look at two things. One is how well they whore to the cap (aka when there are no more targets and they have to hit under 75-80% range.) and how well they handle being chained.

While overall those that can do either well are a small percentage of the server, of those, an even smaller percentage do both well.

The whore cap thing also depends on leadership a LOT. Some kingdoms let everyone whore on their own. Others have control freak leadership that literlally target searches intels and tells the individual core players "you will send this many generals, this many O specs, elites, soldiers, horses, mercs, on X province and set an alarm for Y time." I don't consider that to be skilled core really.

So even those indicies depend.

I have also seen chained provinces who are called tickly to wake them up to handle a chain. Scary but true.
    I have never been in a kd with that level of micromanagement. That is insane, how do the leaders not burn out and how is that fun for the player? Damn. Can you give me an example of a kingdom like this? Who are these people

But yeah, ability to handle being chained is a great way to differentiate as well.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    I have never been in a kd with that level of micromanagement. That is insane, how do the leaders not burn out and how is that fun for the player? Damn. Can you give me an example of a kingdom like this? Who are these people

But yeah, ability to handle being chained is a great way to differentiate as well.
    Yes those leaders do burn out fast. When I see that it usually results from repeated bad decisions by core. I won't name names but I have seen it.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Yes those leaders do burn out fast. When I see that it usually results from repeated bad decisions by core. I won't name names but I have seen it.
    I have also, and it's partly the recruitment pool. One thing weighs on the next. Micromanagement can get triggered in leaders that've had an OCD under control. Stress is a thing.

Yet another reason for the division feature in The Virtual Kingdom. When micromanagement results in failure the leader needs to step back. I've been in those situations where something occurs whilst preparing a critical attack and the leader wants to recalculate the entire tap from macro. What they don't realize is they're telegraphing their intentions and it's sure to fail. They insist on handling the intel, which is rediculous for players like myself who are use to being stranded for hours without contact. There's no way they can know that, I understand. Telling them "I got it" doesn't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post

I have seen and been in a kd that had that kind of micromanagement. Ive been called while being chained also, seen numerous spreadsheets thats included hits, builds, when to set them and whatnot. Micromanaging WILL burn you out fast...
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Thread Information