Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The worst age?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    Not all warring kd's went for an undead core. Some choose to be able to counter undead cores well... So well we're winning without even being able to destroy our opponent's ritual.
    Your kingdom is very skilled and have good players. Your average kingdom has complete noobs without a micro managing monarch. That can't run proper econ build even if showed. Your dark elf and faery combo will be interesting to watch though. But if you gave a random noob dark elf and say be a attacker they would fail miserably. So monarchs go undead core instead. Because pretty much no one can mess up running undead.

Veteran
    Not true. First of all, other kingdoms cant have noobs, all noobs belong to us. I mean, we named our kd noobs. And undead is a pretty hard race to play well tbh. I can't even count how many times I've seen undead players run it with no hospitals all hostile and war long. There's a war some ages ago vs a kd ~15% larger which I had the privilige to lead where the only reason we stood a chance is because their undeads ran no hospitals and we camped ud armies home in hostile, bounced their elite offense away in 1 wave and with that turned all our t/m's unbreakable before even pressing the war button. Every new player needs some guidance and whether you provide that guidance with them playing an undead or a dark elf doesn't matter. And some mistakes will be made, no matter what race/persona anyone plays.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    But really the point is getting rid of fort just made everyone go undead.
    What made me go undead is 12 elite instead off 9 and no food.

Enthusiast
    Not true. First of all, other kingdoms cant have noobs, all noobs belong to us. I mean, we named our kd noobs. And undead is a pretty hard race to play well tbh. I can't even count how many times I've seen undead players run it with no hospitals all hostile and war long. There's a war some ages ago vs a kd ~15% larger which I had the privilige to lead where the only reason we stood a chance is because their undeads ran no hospitals and we camped ud armies home in hostile, bounced their elite offense away in 1 wave and with that turned all our t/m's unbreakable before even pressing the war button. Every new player needs some guidance and whether you provide that guidance with them playing an undead or a dark elf doesn't matter. And some mistakes will be made, no matter what race/persona anyone plays.
    I can tell you haven't ghetto hopped lately. First most warring/ghetto kingdoms have trouble even doing waves. Second they don't even know what raze bouncing is. You can beat undead of course but it's the go to for kingdoms at 1/3 picking them. So let me ask you why did 1/3 of the server pick undead if it nothing to do with removing fort?
    Last edited by Coldhearted; 20-08-2017 at 16:45.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by absalomon_GO View Post
    What made me go undead is 12 elite instead off 9 and no food.
    Undead are 11.......

Post Demon
    Prosporous would have been fine if we had no undead elite conversion hitting into or out from the stance, as it is it seems to me quite rewarding for undeads to make bad gain hits cause they gain very little and can hit more times to gain more elites.

Veteran
    I can tell you haven't ghetto hopped lately. First most warring/ghetto kingdoms have trouble even doing waves. Second they don't even know what raze bouncing is. You can beat undead of course but it's the go to for kingdoms at 1/3 picking them. So let me ask you why did 1/3 of the server pick undead if it nothing to do with removing fort?
    My guess would be they are one of three races able to be good suiciders. Dryad has the speed drawback which makes it harder to organize things within a kd if they aren't tact and the leet cost makes it take a while before it's trained up and good to go. Orc pretty much defeats itself in long wars with it's units dying faster, both in attacks and to ns. Undead is the heavy attacker that is good to go right away. Humans, dwarves and avians all end up with lower offense. Also, undead has been popular in every age, even in ages when they were a bad pick, just because they are undead and many people like them.

Also, new players don't need have known about razebounces before they start playing, as long as the kd monarch knows about the tactic and passes his knowledge on to the rest of the kd. As long as everyone is active, a kd is as strong as it's leadership is. Depending on your definition of ghetto... I wasn't playing in the top 50 when I encountered this kd with no hospitals on any of it's top offense attackers.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

My guess would be they are one of three races able to be good suiciders. Dryad has the speed drawback which makes it harder to organize things within a kd if they aren't tact and the leet cost makes it take a while before it's trained up and good to go. Orc pretty much defeats itself in long wars with it's units dying faster, both in attacks and to ns. Undead is the heavy attacker that is good to go right away. Humans, dwarves and avians all end up with lower offense. Also, undead has been popular in every age, even in ages when they were a bad pick, just because they are undead and many people like them.

Also, new players don't need have known about razebounces before they start playing, as long as the kd monarch knows about the tactic and passes his knowledge on to the rest of the kd. As long as everyone is active, a kd is as strong as it's leadership is. Depending on your definition of ghetto... I wasn't playing in the top 50 when I encountered this kd with no hospitals on any of it's top offense attackers.
    Imo you need to be at the fs/Div level of play (aka top honor level) before you start looking at raze bounces.

Noobs are pretty much there, and NighT can no doubt handle the math.

But it aint usual.

It is top honor play before you start doing those kinda hostiles and strats.

Enthusiast

So in your opinion every age 1/3 the provinces go undead for longevity.

Second point funny story I took over Hello Beaches after nar retired. So my faithful teamed up with Hello Beaches and had a few good ages. But any way I ordered a raze bounce wave of a enemy tms. Spent 24 ticks bouncing before I realized my idiots where doing Traditional March instead of razes. There excuse was I wasn't specific enough, even though I said raze bounce and listed it as a raze bounce target. So no raze bouncing isn't normally done in the lower tier.

PS Kingdom I am in just beat a ghetto due to them not understanding they could have just conquested down our 3 unbreakables. It's amazing what ghettos don't know.
    Last edited by Coldhearted; 20-08-2017 at 18:43.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post
    Imo you need to be at the fs/Div level of play (aka top honor level) before you start looking at raze bounces.

But it aint usual.

I wasn't in top honour and I wasn't playing in noobs. Maybe it's been a while since you played at ghetto level, but most ghetto's are run by veterans, or at least have a few veterans advising who are familiar with a large variety of tactics. I was leading a ghetto and we were fighting a ghetto where people decided not to run hospitals and we showed them why that's a bad idea.

But that wasn't really the point I was trying to make, it was just 1 example. I wanted to say new and old players will make mistakes and it doesn't matter if they play undead, dark elf or whatever race/persona. No race is really newbproof and utopia as a whole isn't. It's up to the kd's leadership to guide new players through everything and that can be done with them playing any race. There are some new players in noobs and they can be the role they desire and they get guidance from our leadership playing that province. And mistakes will still happen and that's okay, as long as one learns from the mistakes one makes.
    -Nox-

fair enough :)

everything is a learning curve :)

I accept your point and agree.
    Last edited by makeo; 20-08-2017 at 19:38.

Strategy Moderator
    So in your opinion every age 1/3 the provinces go undead for longevity.
    whenever my kd runs undead its because of the mix of longevity, high offense, and plague. Even in an age where litterally 50% of the server is undead or cleric plague is still a useable factor.

Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post

But it aint usual.

To be fair anyone can use raze-bouncing and i've actually seen kds like Green have much more success using it than kds like my own or fs.

Needs to get out more
    Uhm hoi, that ghetto probably didn't know it was hospitals even after the fact. It was the camping and that kind of micro isn't usual by any stretch in the lower tier. If your winning wars in hostile you're doing it wrong. That was a joke; I know you've been down here. I think you're sandbagging your kingdoms capabilities. I can repect that.

Most ghettos are run by players with tenure not savvy cigar chewing commandos. I've shown them cross-chaining and zone occupation but they have to accept the learning. Now I'm not saying any of these players are lacking intellect, but that their interest isn't in the doctrine of tactics.

Because of my rediculous playing style I don't often get to tangle with the best pure war kingdoms. I'm either above them in the sub-whoring tier or in the most destitute ghettos. Thus, I saw no camping tactics en masse till seeing Freeakstyle. Even Pladovia never even mentioned camping, but I saw limited camping from our toughest enemies. That being said, doesn't mean I wasn't aware of camping for some time. Because I've experimented with relay tapping my awareness of return army ellipse was developed fairly early.

But yeah, you're in a better kingdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Seriously, kingdoms like bloodymess who are top 5 waving a kingdom in the 90s and almost double their NW and doesn't accept CF is the reason this game is getting worse. With no fort and they can hit til 100 points and continue to have more and more fake wars, only way a kingdom is already at 1 ww in less than a week of play and waving the undefended. I think kingdoms should lose honor for this type of stuff not gain it.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -George S. Patton

Thread Information