Thread: Dungeons and Prisoners

Post Fiend

Dungeons and Prisoners

Can someone please explain the mechanics of prisoners please, is it NW related just like attacks? Sometimes when I send them on an attack my dungeons don't get them filled and they remain half empty.

I know plague kills them off but I'm just asking about using them in attacks and the mechanics of how many you capture on a successful trad march.

What's the best way to ensure that when you send prisoners out you will have successfully refilled your dungeons?

Thanks.

Post Fiend
    Been awhile since i used prisoners, but what i remember was you can use something like 2% if you want to send them on every attack and they will refill, if you run more you'd have to not send them on attacks to stockpile them.

Strategy Moderator
    Up to half the kills you get when u attack can be turned into prisoners if you have space in your dungeons. So if you attack someone and would kill 1000 military u could instead kill 500 and gain 500 prisoners.

Prisoners die very quickly, im unsure of the exact # but its something like 1/3 to a 1/2 of what you send die.

I think u can send 1 for every 5 military units you send, just like mercenaries and prisoners count towards the total you can send. So if u send 10,000 leets you can send up to 2000 prisoners+mercs combined.

Yes, the 50% of the number sent die each time, and yes its 1/5 of regular troops like Mercenaries.

The best way to keep your dungeons full would be to target people who use high quantity of troops to defend. This means either people with spec defences (requires slightly more troops for the same defence vs a DE or Fae Elite), or people who have let a large number of soldiers accumulate. Soldiers will die in large numbers, thus giving you a better prisoner haul. Make sure to avoid Clerics, and I suppose you could survey for Hospitals even- but that is getting pretty intense just for some Prisoners.

You can also get spells like Bloodlust, or Pitfalls cast, as well as using Bribe Generals. These will all increase enemy losses (Bribe has a chance to, not sure thing), and thus your prisoner haul as well.

I believe ~5% is a base for defensive losses (read 7% for offensive in the same place) ... So once you have SoT/SoM and you know how many troops are at home defending you can get a rough idea of how many kills you will make, and adjust the number of Prisoners sent accordingly.

Veteran
    Quick tip for war: Do your smaller hits 1st and don't use them, then your big hit at the end with the accumulated prisoners if your dungeons aren't full. Sending them all vs a chain target with GB protection and you lose them pretty quickly. The exact numbers are hard to peg down on these things though.
    Long live Mehul!

Thread Information