Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: impeach him or face fallout!

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Kudos to humanity for maneuvering ourselves into a situation where our lives depend on the wisdom of Kim-Jong un and Donald Trump rofl.

At least punk music is making a triumphant return.

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Veteran
    There are not many real options for the north korea problem. They already have nukes and missles that can deliver them. That makes war a very costly situation. Not to mention that china and russia will not be pleased with regime change in north-korea.

Kim jong un primary objective is selfpersevation. He needs to secure his own regime against foreign initiated regime change. Keep in mind that verbal treats against the north korean regime came before trump. Bush jr already called them member of the axis of evil together with Iraq, libya, syria, iran and cuba. Half of those countries where either invaded, plunged into civil war where the west actively supports opposition groups and/or have their regime changed. Nukes are an insurrance policy against direct invasion. Kim jong un is never going to give up his most important saveguard against invasion. There is simply nothing any foreign power can offer that brings the same level of security. Ukraine is a good example of why a diplomatic agreement will not work. Ukraine gave up the 3th largest nuclear arsenal in the world in exchange from security garantees from US, Russian federation and european powers. Dumbest move ever because Putin could take what he wants. Kim took lessons from the annexation of crimea and the war in east-ukraine.

So in reality Trumps options are extremely limited. He cannot persuade kim jong un to give up his nukes and missles and removing him is too costly.

At the same time doing nothing will result in growing capabilities of north-korea. With sanctions and diplomacy that growth rate might be slowed down.

Most likely the US will do a lot of barking but no bite. Nobody wins when nukes start flying and both Trump an Kim jong un are smarther then most people give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Swirvin'Birds View Post
    Wasn't it Handofthrawn that asked what was so bad about Putin and Russia?

"Russia believes that the policy of putting pressure on Pyongyang to stop its nuclear missile program is misguided and futile," Putin said in an article released by the Kremlin. "Provocations, pressure and militarist and insulting rhetoric are a dead-end road."
    Yes he seems to be a genuine Russophile with a fetish for authoritarianism, just like his grand idol Trump who can do absolutely no wrong according to Handofthrawn.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I hope the Russians and Chinese love their Grankids too. NKDR will be bombed soon.
    if its in the game... I like Bishop. I don't care what my Mommy says about him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    There are not many real options for the north korea problem. They already have nukes and missles that can deliver them. That makes war a very costly situation. Not to mention that china and russia will not be pleased with regime change in north-korea.

Kim jong un primary objective is selfpersevation. He needs to secure his own regime against foreign initiated regime change. Keep in mind that verbal treats against the north korean regime came before trump. Bush jr already called them member of the axis of evil together with Iraq, libya, syria, iran and cuba. Half of those countries where either invaded, plunged into civil war where the west actively supports opposition groups and/or have their regime changed. Nukes are an insurrance policy against direct invasion. Kim jong un is never going to give up his most important saveguard against invasion. There is simply nothing any foreign power can offer that brings the same level of security. Ukraine is a good example of why a diplomatic agreement will not work. Ukraine gave up the 3th largest nuclear arsenal in the world in exchange from security garantees from US, Russian federation and european powers. Dumbest move ever because Putin could take what he wants. Kim took lessons from the annexation of crimea and the war in east-ukraine.

So in reality Trumps options are extremely limited. He cannot persuade kim jong un to give up his nukes and missles and removing him is too costly.

At the same time doing nothing will result in growing capabilities of north-korea. With sanctions and diplomacy that growth rate might be slowed down.

Most likely the US will do a lot of barking but no bite. Nobody wins when nukes start flying and both Trump an Kim jong un are smarther then most people give them credit for.
    Easy... give all of DPRK to China, then fry Turkey in Greece and feed it to Hungary. I'd say that Iran, but I wouldn't want to Russia. All this politics causes Spain for me. Its getting Chile outside, so im going Togo.
    Long live Mehul!

I like peaches

Post Fiend
    It's very simple really. All we need to do is make a flat policy. If anybody nukes anybody, we nuke you. Hell, y'all didn't learn the 1st time around, let's go another round of threatening global mass destruction. Maybe this time, we actually need to make a couple holes just to remind you morons just how dangerous it really is. Having nuclear weapons doesn't protect you, it makes you a viable target for nuclear attack.

I find old discussions like these fascinating. Not simply political ones...science or even history (even though this a bit of history now). Would love to hear the original posters (in this instance) new thoughts on the subject.

Thread Information