Thread: Relative Meter

Relative Meter

So about the forced CF this age... I think the forced cf option has good intent, but poor implementation. What if instead of forcing the smaller kd to diplo in a way that has already been abused, you force diplo by making it hurt for both kds.

I suggest changing the meter to have unfriendly be 5 or half of the opposing kd's meter, whichever is larger (half as an example, in practice something different may be better).

Lets look at an example: Say you have big, bad, typical top-kd A and little ghetto kd B. A opens on B to 40 points granting B ops at 5. B is now able to retal to 19 without granting ops to A and they can op to their little ghetto hearts' content while A beats their chest and demands a word-smithed cf in exchange for an inordinate amount of land.

Something else to consider is making stealth and mana usage (and maybe rune usage?) relative to the meter difference. So, bringing back A and B, say A hits B to 70 and B retals to 20, so with a 50 point different make A's ops (no unf ops yet) against B cost maybe 1/3 more and B's ops to A cost 1/3 less. Similar to the gains throttling implemented this age.

I think one of the reasons people leave is because of the bullying that goes on by larger kds that require them to roll over and just take it (don't believe me? Read the other forums). Its very demoralizing. Yet fighting on even ground is very exhilarating, but most kds (especially the competitive ones) prefer the easy win.

And before someone else says it, I know that I'm stereotyping large kds and ghettos and they aren't all like that, just bear with me to understand this idea.

Post Demon
    The problem with using ops on a bigger kingdom is they'll turn fsu ghetto on you if they do not have ops themself, I would think that would make diplomacy all the much harder really to allow for more room where the defending kingdom have ops, it don't work to keep people out if they are already so deep in the meter that they don't just have to wait for x hours before day change.

Thread Information