Thread: Taunt and banner dimensions

Taunt and banner dimensions

So when I pay for a taunt I support the game, while having some fun. Perfect.

But why is it that the banner can only be 90 pixels high? It shouldn't be hard to grand the -in this case- paying customer more dimensions to put their banner up, right?

Thanks in advance.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The reason the taunts have the dimensions they do is because they take the space of the ads at the top of the page.

That being said, I agree that the taunt dimensions are absurd

Post Fiend
    Just make them not take the place of the ads at the top and that should be easily adjusted. Replacing just banner seems to make more sense, as the ads are revenue generation, why block them

give me the option between that 90 pixel top one, or the big one on the right-hand side... or both for extra.

edit: get out of here, shake

also if you are going to block ads for someone in the taunt scenario, it should be the KD that coughed up for the taunt, non?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake2129 View Post
    Just make them not take the place of the ads at the top and that should be easily adjusted. Replacing just banner seems to make more sense, as the ads are revenue generation, why block them
    Because the idea is that you're paying for the space to make up or the lost revenue

Yes I understand about the ads, but I am indeed suggesting that we just change the banner, keep the ads. This way I can put in more creativity in my taunt :-)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The reason the taunts have the dimensions they do is because they take the space of the ads at the top of the page.

That being said, I agree that the taunt dimensions are absurd

Not sure what that means? Our taunt replaced the kingdom banner, not the ads on the page -- the ads at the top of the page still showed. Would make sense if it's replacing the kingdom banner, then it should have the dimension restrictions that the kingdom banner does.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Drys View Post
    Not sure what that means? Our taunt replaced the kingdom banner, not the ads on the page -- the ads at the top of the page still showed. Would make sense if it's replacing the kingdom banner, then it should have the dimension restrictions that the kingdom banner does.
    It replaces the Target KD ads, and the Target KD ad at the top is also the taunt. It does not replace your own top ad.

Thread Information