Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a genesis Server

Needs to get out more
    One more thing.

Sometimes powerful kingdoms feel they must live up to a reputation by hard countering retaliation. While I respect this ideal it's wasted on me. I'm not a griefer, but PK is a common risk in my business. Really, if I'm satisfied with my take away then all they have to do is stop. Messages are appreciated but unnecessary because I'm empathetic to kingdoms that have competitive endeavors. If they wish to offer a CF I have never refused one and they're all EoA to me. They're welcome to break the CF at their convenience because it's just a challenge at the end of the day. I will bounce retal if I can't break. It's just the way I'm wired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    Uh so you went to a top kingdom insted? We already established that it might happen when we joined up last age, but was a bit unsure if maybe it was something else.

Currently had a kingdom hit 10 times into our shell for the last 3 days, we retaliated 5 times and they was the ones who started it, haven't looked at the gains, but they probably just wasted their time with no real overall gains for them, their king went and wasted all stelth on me, and while I do not know what their problem is I've alteast not seen any FSU messages yet. Another kingdom went and randommed into us 3 times in the last 5 days or so, got a whopping 0 abduct last and we have so far not retaliated the last hit, hopefully they'll learn to make better decissions one day. A third kingdom retaliated our retals with raze and completely ignored a message from me trying to establish a cf, atleast they ended up losing more than they gained and have since stopped hitting.

Such is the life of the shell, a lot of people automatically assume we are either bad players or FSU buggers or both. Some shells work that way and I try avoiding to deal with them, but I can assure that I've never once hit into war or thretened to do so while playing in the shell. And if I can achieve the same as other people without running a turteling strategy or have the backings of 21 other people or a network of friends, does that really make me a bad player?

The big drawback is we do not have the power to make people go away if they insist of hitting us, but we can make gains so costly most kingdoms that would be aware of such things would avoid us, the real challenge is getting out of range of the kingdoms who thinks numbers makes might and might makes right and into the range of kingdoms that won't hit you for days when they establish that we hit back and it takes 2-3x as many hits to get some gains.

If this sounds interesting and challeging pm me and we might find out something, I have no intention however of turning the shell I play in, into a FSU ghetto or similair. It is just a place where we play with no or only a few cf's and retal all we can regardless of their kingdom size and grow if that allows for growth. Durability is the key and the essense of the way I build my own province.

Needs to get out more
    What, this age? No. Work picked up dramatically and I'm writing this Saturday morning because we're doing weekends plus longer days. I'm not in game right now.

But if I was, the same holds. Good explanation, Madchess.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Demon
    Ok could have been that you just got a much more interesting offer.

I've been wondering about when you'll post about the virtual kingdom, I think including who you want in each role would be an interesting addition. Some people have a personality better fit for one pick than others.

Needs to get out more
    Help me out with it. I might not be seeing the forest for the trees. PMs welcome.

So some of the single province ideas I'm contemplating, based in some stacking:

Bocan - war hero

I don't know how you use it but I've seen top kingdom halfer war heroes that garner complaints from their adversaries.

Faery - sage

Because I'm not ready to let science bonus and revelations just slip away with spell bonanza raves to selfie in war forum.

Human - sage

Here's another one that does stuff that's toppy good but confuses us.

Dryad - warrior

Toast that gets the hard to reach in range of the orcs and plagueathon undead. Prelude strat.

Avian, Human, Orc - cleric across 3 races

Avian appears to be the most efficient with cleric because plague immunity along with BR/sci bonus/speed are cool. They also have a prolific elite system, and THAT elite defends on a 4 forcing less than optimal NM results. The problem is scope. Their gains are narrow field, so I looked at who else might benefit.

If we didn't need plague immunity I would love to launch an undead cleric. It's one of my favorites. But I digress.

Orc is predictable in this ages non-fort environment. Human struck me because the population science bonus plays into the income depth. Orc has the scope avian lacks. Human gets better in it's own odd way.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information